Dangers And Annoyances In Thailand

snamos

Went back to Patong for a short break from Nth Thailand and my first day I got the three least favourite things happen to me

First - Suit salesman bangla rd "Hello Boss" want a suit ? ME - No thankyou Suit man-Want a haircut ? (I'm have a shaved head) ME - No thankyou Suitman- fuc_king farang

Second- bangla rd timeshare lady on a bike (ugly English old Lady) She says you here on Honeymoon ME - No Her- You must be gay then ME - Looking at you yes i am F**** you

Both happened day time in the afternoon

Finally - Night time walking home alone here comes the drive by Ladyboy attack First they are nice then they go for the pockets to rob you and then they try kick the crap out of you

This happened at 11pm

Welcome back

I think that you should not go out anywhere here alone after dark, Phuket has changed.

Welcome Back

!:thumbsup:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you would have had to dodge the Australian dickheads down in Patong too...yelling aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi.....could they be more embarrassing?....I always claim to be a new zealander. Imagine a few Thais running down the street in Wagga Wagga yelling out in a similar way. They wouldnt last 10 minutes.......the rednecks would crucify them. Actually the Thais wouldnt be that rude if they visited another country........its amazing the tolerence the Thai people have for these sort of Australian morons.

I had another annoying moment today.........Cone hour at Chalong circle.....why make cars enter a roundabout twice? eg...if i want to go down to Chalong peir from Kata....I have to enter the roundabout....then turn towards Phuket town....then bust a U turn into the Traffic...then re enter the round about.....<deleted>?? This is moronic

I actually dragged one of these f**kwits down the street in Karon after he grabbed my hand......I told him we were going to a short time room together. Funny thing...he never asked me for a suit again

Went back to Patong for a short break from Nth Thailand and my first day I got the three least favourite things happen to me

First - Suit salesman bangla rd "Hello Boss" want a suit ? ME - No thankyou Suit man-Want a haircut ? (I'm have a shaved head) ME - No thankyou Suitman- fuc_king farang

Second- bangla rd timeshare lady on a bike (ugly English old Lady) She says you here on Honeymoon ME - No Her- You must be gay then ME - Looking at you yes i am F**** you

Both happened day time in the afternoon

Finally - Night time walking home alone here comes the drive by Ladyboy attack First they are nice then they go for the pockets to rob you and then they try kick the crap out of you

This happened at 11pm

Welcome back

I think that you should not go out anywhere here alone after dark, Phuket has changed.

Welcome Back

!:thumbsup:

Yes you would have had to dodge the Australian dickheads down in Patong too...yelling aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi.....could they be more embarrassing?....I always claim to be a new zealander. Imagine a few Thais running down the street in Wagga Wagga yelling out in a similar way. They wouldnt last 10 minutes.......the rednecks would crucify them. Actually the Thais wouldnt be that rude if they visited another country........its amazing the tolerence the Thai people have for these sort of Australian morons.

I had another annoying moment today.........Cone hour at Chalong circle.....why make cars enter a roundabout twice? eg...if i want to go down to Chalong peir from Kata....I have to enter the roundabout....then turn towards Phuket town....then bust a U turn into the Traffic...then re enter the round about.....<deleted>?? This is moronic

Yes, moronic, but the flow of traffic at the circle has improved tremendously since the cones.

The thai kitchen......

The best and cheapest ingredients in the world, excellent recipies, poor cooking.

Recently we had an excellent meal in a restaurant - my thai wife asked to see the cook, paid him 200 baht for the recipe, ....... we have never since been back.......

I do eat excellent thai food - at home - 555- (but i have to hide the oil).

My Thai GF wears far too much make up. I tell her that she looks fine without all the make up. She cannot even go to the market without plastering it on, doing her hair and wearing spikey stillettos. I ask her who she is getting all done up for, she says herself. She spends a small fortune each month on make up, skin whiteners and hairdressers. I think she looks great in a t-shirt and jeans. I think that Thai women wear far too much make-up. C'mon girls you are beautiful without tarting yourselves up all that make-up.

My Thai GF wears far too much make up. I tell her that she looks fine without all the make up. She cannot even go to the market without plastering it on, doing her hair and wearing spikey stillettos. I ask her who she is getting all done up for, she says herself. She spends a small fortune each month on make up, skin whiteners and hairdressers. I think she looks great in a t-shirt and jeans. I think that Thai women wear far too much make-up. C'mon girls you are beautiful without tarting yourselves up all that make-up.

+1

Doesn't get any better when they marry and have kids. You forgot to mention nails (and recently many different coloured contact lenses).

Could be worse - they don't seem to have the alcohol affliction that so many falang women and Thai men now have

+1

Doesn't get any better when they marry and have kids. You forgot to mention nails (and recently many different coloured contact lenses).

Could be worse - they don't seem to have the alcohol affliction that so many falang women and Thai men now have

I draw the line at the fish eye colored contacts, they just look scary!!!

See a group of 5 Thai women, four drop dead gorgeous and one missing a tooth and tipping the scale at 125 kgs, what are the odds of getting a smile from the 5 foot trunk?

Who also told Asians that "all" black men have fat long magic wand?

Did I mention the red plate car on the speed lane doing 25km/h from Nakorn sawan to lampang? Occasionally stamping on her breaks to see if they still works?

Pedestrian Crossings. Why bother to paint them on the streets?

On a simmilar note, what about not painting speed bumps. I used to find so annoying, but now it makes me laugh every time I hit one and my head goes through the roof. You've got to love the logic of having a speed bump to make people slow down and then having it the same colour as the road, so the first you know about it is when you're taking off.:lol:

As for all the dangers and annoyances mentioned above re: driving in Thailand, I find it 100% more irritating when an idiot farang commits the same offences. Driving on wrong side, speeding, not giving way (and avoiding eye contact, hoping you don't exist and therefore can't crash into him), hooning on a motorcycle...I really don't need to manouver around idiot farangs too, on top of avoiding locals who don't know any better due to poor driver education in Thailand.

Edited by doggie888888

Last week I saw 2 guys at Surin beach wearing shorts and thongs also wearing leather vests with the patch of some local motorbike gang on the back. I can't even remember the name as I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing.

Something I do like is the theme to the latest Thai soap opera called "Nak soop palang khow niaw" or detective powered by sticky rice. I find myself joyfully singing along when it comes on TV.

Also another 2 things that bewilder me is:

Falangs wearing Buddhas around their necks (complete with linen shirts)

I wear a Buddha and I go to Wats with my GF. She gave me Buddha for my birthday (not a monk amulet, do you even know the difference?), that's well over a hundred years old from her great grandfather. She put it in a white gold holder, but I don't wear linen shirts... Oh, and by the way it's spelled farang.

It's improved traffic flow a lot! The circle is way too small to accommodate the amount of traffic there. They have tried stop lights and police directing traffic over the years, but the back ups got worse. I guess you haven't been here very long...

Next...

Hum... Where did you find her? biggrin.gif

I wear a Buddha and I go to Wats with my GF. She gave me Buddha for my birthday (not a monk amulet, do you even know the difference?), that's well over a hundred years old from her great grandfather. She put it in a white gold holder, but I don't wear linen shirts... Oh, and by the way it's spelled farang.

No its actually spelt: ฝรั่ง

When widening roads, the electricity poles aren't moved so that they are now in the road proper.

Drain covers in the middle of the road.

But off Phuket,the guys in charge of road widening planted the electricity poles, years ago, 10 meters back from each side on the Phang Na to Krabi stretch

so the road widening there actually fits between them!

The traffic lights on the bypass road could be set so that you make every light going on a particular direction by going at a normal speed, but for whatever reason you can't ever make all the lights between Pramphon market to Wat Chalong. It sure would help the traffic flow if the lights were timed right.

I havent been here that long and I dont profess to know half as much as you...but I will give you a quick Thai lesson the word for falung or farung is spelt like this - ฝรั่ง literal translation is Frung. The F and the R together are then pronounced with a short "a" almost like a "u" in the middle. Then followed by ร which is an "R" R in Thai is Raw Ruea which is the boat consonant which is a rolling "R" it is almost closer to an "L"

and then ัง "UNG".....Yes you are technically correct it is spelt Farung.... but ask your Thai girlfriend to say it 10 times quickly...and if she is from isaarn (which she most certainly is) she will say it falung. Also ask her to say Raw Ruea or ask her what this letter is >>>> ร

I am not religious.........I dont know the differnce between a monk amulet and a buddha necklace. To me its the difference between a catholic crucifix and a protestant one......

I just find it strange that foreigners would want to wear them. I go to the temple with my Gfriend while she makes merit...but you certainly wont see me kneeling in front of the monks (with a buddha necklace)

and grinning stupidly while listening to ancient chants I know nothing about and getting different colored bits of string on my wrists :rolleyes:.....Just the same as I wouldnt expect my Thai Gfriend to wear a crucifix, drink wine and eat stale bread in front of an audience at a local church in my home town either.....BTW my Gfriend cant understand the fa(l)®ungs wearing buddhas either, she thinks its weird...she is BKK born and university educated....maybe the BKK people are different to Phuketians or Isaarnies?

And the Chalong circle hasnt improved at all....yes i remember the traffic lights....i also remember before the cones.....It was better with just the police in the middle without the cones. Just my opinion...its why I started the thread! :rolleyes:

It's improved traffic flow a lot! The circle is way too small to accommodate the amount of traffic there. They have tried stop lights and police directing traffic over the years, but the back ups got worse. I guess you haven't been here very long...

Next...

Edited by snamos

Too true...no real literal translation :rolleyes: Im all for listening....and 99 percent of the time I hear L not R

No its actually spelt: ฝรั่ง

Edited by snamos

Awesome I love this one! I know what you mean...I also hate Falangs riding Salaengs.....but I actually own one for those unusual times when i need to cart stuff around...but it does infuriate me no end seeing falangs on salaengs!! Hahaha

As for all the dangers and annoyances mentioned above re: driving in Thailand, I find it 100% more irritating when an idiot farang commits the same offences. Driving on wrong side, speeding, not giving way (and avoiding eye contact, hoping you don't exist and therefore can't crash into him), hooning on a motorcycle...I really don't need to manouver around idiot farangs too, on top of avoiding locals who don't know any better due to poor driver education in Thailand.

Tesco check out tellers counting the change ten times before giving it to you, and when they do if any coins involved they balance them on the till roll receipt before handing them to you. The record for me which involved two notes and two coins was eleven times, mind you she was chatting on her mobile.

There is a good reason for this one ..... the checkout staff in most supermarkets have any shorts deducted from their wages ... and this could be a serious deduction if they make mistakes.

And the Chalong circle hasnt improved at all....yes i remember the traffic lights....i also remember before the cones.....It was better with just the police in the middle without the cones. Just my opinion...its why I started the thread!

I am there nearly every day in the morning during rush hour and quite often on other times as well, either coming from Rawai or Kata. And from both directions, even from Kata with the U-turn, by car it is much quicker now than it was before, either with or whithout police there.

Yeah but you have to enter the round about twice now.....that doesnt make sense...I use it almost every day...I think its slower ...hmmmm most of my friends feel the same way......strange you guys think different....oh well :rolleyes: each to their own....i just try to avoid the place at certain times

A roundabout with only four roads leading into it has got to be less congested than if it had five roads leading into it.

Logic innit?

Edited by snamos

most check out staff in australia wouldnt be allowed to chat on their cellphones while serving....also they have discrepancies deducted from their wages :whistling:

Tesco check out tellers counting the change ten times before giving it to you, and when they do if any coins involved they balance them on the till roll receipt before handing them to you. The record for me which involved two notes and two coins was eleven times, mind you she was chatting on her mobile.

There is a good reason for this one ..... the checkout staff in most supermarkets have any shorts deducted from their wages ... and this could be a serious deduction if they make mistakes.

Yeah but you have to enter the round about twice now.....that doesnt make sense...I use it almost every day...I think its slower ...hmmmm most of my friends feel the same way......strange you guys think different....oh well :rolleyes: each to their own....i just try to avoid the place at certain times

A roundabout with only four roads leading into it has got to be less congested than if it had five roads leading into it.

Logic innit?

Not a matter of feeling or thinking but of timing. Agree though, if not busy and coming from Kata it takes more time, but: if busy it is faster now coming from all directions, if not busy and the canes are not removed it is faster coming from all directions except for Kata.