I Just Had To Turn And Go Back.

doppa

What's wrong with this picture.15 people in an overloaded boat and the PM is one of them. Sure they have life vest on just in case. Five are standing up. Who is going to tell them about safety. :whistling:

post-91169-051996600 1287717866_thumb.jp

Edited by gotlost

What's wrong with this picture.15 people in an overloaded boat and the PM is one of them. Sure they have life vest on just in case. Five are standing up. Who is going to tell them about safety. :whistling:

post-91169-051996600 1287717866_thumb.jp

When they capsize don't throw them a lifebelt or try to help in any way because as a Farang, you will be 'blamed' for the capsize. Oh yes; it was all HIS fault Mr policeman sir !!

Are electric cables not all covered wt a rubber coat ? can't remember I ever saw uncoated cables.

Sometimes you see strange things, especially in the late hours. last nite at 1:30 I drove the 118 by motorbike, was about to take over the bike in front of me, a drunk? looser sitting on the 'motorbike lane' and the guy in front of me drove right over his legs, almost fell... looked back and drove on... :lol:

But stupidity is not exclusively for Thais, see this rednecks :lol:

http://www.koreus.com/video/lance-pierre-canette-biere.html

:D:blink:

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

You know, after spending most of my working life (in the day that one did real work :D ) on electics, including lots of classroom theory (too much), it became clear that those with lack of experience (generally the fuddy-duddy type who knew it all) were the ones who had the least respect for electricity. I'll never forget a particular old gentleman who mused that he always used non-insulated tools as he thought it made him less-complacent, and that he would know a potential shock 'pisser' were coming, and, with that, that insulated tools were liable to cracking and those using them wouldn't know a 'pisser' were coming, hence making them more dangerous. <deleted>. No amount of explaining the error of his ways by the group an iota of difference. He would be the type that'd say it were fine for his grandkids to fly kites near HTs.

The doubters only need use that wonderful thing called Google to see examples and dangers. Regardless of what you think you know, the commonsense factor couldn't be more in your face; don't mess with 400,000 unsheathed volts even if you think you know it all.

Take the cover off an electrical outlet in Thailand sometime. There will more than likely be 1 wire; not two or three. Serious grounding issues.

I know what you mean about turning back. I was cutting across an abandoned golf course in Phoenix last Summer. There was a small kid carrying a smaller kid. It was 40C. Something wasn't right. I said "you guys OK?" The older one started crying. The three yo was carrying the one year old. They had snuck out of their apartment their mother was keeping them locked up in all day while at work. School had just started earlier in the week, and the 6 yo brother (wears the pants in the family) wasn't home from school to feed them. I took them to the apartment office and called police.

I know how you feel though. I walked by a thai kid (about 3) playing with a plastic bag around his head. I just kept walking. There were some adults nearby. I had that exact feeling though. Probably seen 100 young kids on motorbikes today without helmets. Life seems very cheap here sometimes, and then you go to the ATM and you feel like your back in the States. Cheers to you though.