Butchers Knife

SausageKing

The main Central Department Store has a good range but oh so expensive...but buying quality is the way to go....I have 3 knives that have been passed down the family that are over 80 years old ....still fantastic to work with

I agree. Central has the widest range that I have seen. You can choose from ceramic to ordinary stainless steel. Expensive but very good quality.

It's by the MTR at Chidlom

Edited by Tropicalevo

The main Central Department Store has a good range but oh so expensive...but buying quality is the way to go....I have 3 knives that have been passed down the family that are over 80 years old ....still fantastic to work with

I agree. Central has the widest range that I have seen. You can choose from ceramic to ordinary stainless steel. Expensive but very good quality.

Good morning and thanks a lot for info and yes a good knife last for a life time and it something we use a lot. Rob.

Good morning and thanks a lot for info and yes a good knife last for a life time and it something we use a lot. Rob.

You could check in Central Kad Suan Kau 3rd floor. THey have a range of good brand cooking knives but I do not know wheter they are what you want. Not cheap but worth it.

By the way your food was too good....it is mostly gone will see you soon.

You could check in Central Kad Suan Kau 3rd floor. THey have a range of good brand cooking knives but I do not know wheter they are what you want. Not cheap but worth it.

By the way your food was too good....it is mostly gone will see you soon.

Thanks Harrry and glad you like my food products, i will take a look at central store for a knife. cheers. Rob.

There is a small kitchen supply shop under the Nana BTS next to the escalator, 3 shops in from the corner of Soi 8. If you were'nt looking for it you would not know it's there. They have just about everything you need for a domestic/commercial kitchen. The old lady that owns it speaks fluent English and if she does'nt have it she can get it. It's a great shop and she will haggle a bit.

Amway sell excellent cookware too.

Set of 5 in stainless steel with block to hold them is 18,000. Price drops to 14,400 if you are a member.

Chef Knife

Slicer Knife

Santoku Knife

Petty Knife

Pairing Knife

Will be delivered 24 hours after ordering.

All due respect mate - that (18,000bt) is the most ridiculous price for a set of 5 knives. a robbery in fact.

Buy your knives cheap at the market and keep the knife sharpeners in business once a week for 30 bt

That way - you spend almost nothing initially, have a 30bt charge per week

And have an exceptionally sharp set of blades!

And Sausage King... A butcher not knowing where to get knives?..... the mind boggles :)

All due respect mate - that (18,000bt) is the most ridiculous price for a set of 5 knives. a robbery in fact.

Buy your knives cheap at the market and keep the knife sharpeners in business once a week for 30 bt

And Sausage King... A butcher not knowing where to get knives?..... the mind boggles :)

OP wants high quality, not market-stall quality.

No offence taken, but you always get what you pay for.

Sharpness of blade is not the only thing that matters.

Pro knives, no matter what country they are bought in, are expensive.

OP wants high quality, not market-stall quality.

No offence taken, but you always get what you pay for.

Sharpness of blade is not the only thing that matters.

Pro knives, no matter what country they are bought in, are expensive.

I hear you man - its all marketing though.

If you said that price to a Thai Chef they would wet themselves.

Maybe I've gone a little native, but for the Thai chefs i've met, the steel is basic and cheap, but the sharpening is done regularly and well.

Amway sell excellent cookware too.

Set of 5 in stainless steel with block to hold them is 18,000. Price drops to 14,400 if you are a member.

Chef Knife

Slicer Knife

Santoku Knife

Petty Knife

Pairing Knife

Will be delivered 24 hours after ordering.

Hi their and its not a case of not knowing where to buy a knife, ie market ?? Sorry as a butcher we only use stainless steel and a steel blade from the market tend to rust and in my 20 years in the food trade i use quality tools to produce quality and clean food products.working Hygienic is a must in the food business. Quality always wins in the end in everything. Rob/sk

Edited by SausageKing

Not meaning to be picky, but i do find that comment a little strange coming from a butcher.

If you have a good boning knife or a long blade slicing knife such as the victrinox microban range (a softer metal which makes for easier sharpening) and you are using them daily with lots of beef and pork they will need to be sharpened AT LEAST once a month from my experience. Knives made of harder steel without many layers can be a real nuisance to sharpen and keep sharp.

In any case, after a few consecutive years of sharpening any decent knife the blade will become worn down to the stage where it will be very narrow and quite unstable and dangerous if used for boning beef and pork. When they are that old they are best used as fish filleting or chicken boning where a shortened thin blade is more handy.

I dont see how any knife could last a lifetime..from my experience anyway.

Verasu, the large branch between the Vietnamese Embassy and All Seasons Place on Wireless Rd. (you can walk from the SkyTrain), has an excellent selection of high quality knives including a full selection of several Wusthof lines. I have the classic and it has lasted me over 10 years, including almost nine years of abuse by a number of Thai girlfriends and maids. Verasu also has corner areas in the Emporium and at Paragon, but the one on Wireless has the best selection.

Oops, did not see the post above.

Edited by Furbie

Verasu, the large branch between the Vietnamese Embassy and All Seasons Place on Wireless Rd. (you can walk from the SkyTrain), has an excellent selection of high quality knives including a full selection of several Wusthof lines. I have the classic and it has lasted me over 10 years, including almost nine years of abuse by a number of Thai girlfriends and maids. Verasu also has corner areas in the Emporium and at Paragon, but the one on Wireless has the best selection.

Oops, did not see the post above.

Wow its cutting edge info on TV and thanks for the great info you have found for me. Rob.