Accidents, Emergency Etc

james24

Ive really been deliberating my future here recently and have realised I actually know nothing about this country after two years.

I know its my fault, I need to change my ways

I have no idea what the number for police is, number for fire brigade, number for ambulance (if there is one) and also what to do if Im involved in a vehicle accident ( take pictures, who to call etc)

I must have had an angel on my side as Ive never needed any of these so far, can anyone help...?

lol perhaps subconsciously I know this.

I heard the ambulance probably wont even come... but thats only what I heard.

As for accidents, from what Ive read, expect them to do a runner, stay as still as possible and somehow get pictures and witnesses.

yeh what is the deal with those dudes, do they just drive around looking for accidents then make commision on delivery of a body to a Hospital...?

Or do they have a number...? I guess some hospitals have their own ambualnces...?

Thanks mate

Just asked for a quote from Thaivisa on health insurance, hopefully soon Ill be able to chill out a bit.

Until this morning I had no insurance, didnt know what to do in case of emergency and now after 2 years Im starting to see how dodgy that was.

I registered with Samitivej hospital and they gave me a 'membership' card. On the back is an emergency / ambulance number : 02 712 7007

I guess if I'm found lying unconscious at the side of the road and by sheer luck someone happens to look inside my wallet they might find it and call them

I registered with Samitivej hospital and they gave me a 'membership' card. On the back is an emergency / ambulance number : 02 712 7007

I guess if I'm found lying unconscious at the side of the road and by sheer luck someone happens to look inside my wallet they might find it and call them

If your lying unconscious at the side of the road it's a near certainty someone will inspect your wallet.

Uhm, I've been here 7 years and pretty sure even if you had those numbers, they would be useless.

Wise Man.

Hope you're kidding, right? I've needed at least three emergency numbers, police, fire brigade, hospital (govt one by the way) and they were all on the scene within minutes.

These numbers are usually posted at the top bit (which few of you actually read) on each forum. If they're not there, mods take note, they should be.

As for accidents, from what Ive read, expect them to do a runner, stay as still as possible and somehow get pictures and witnesses.

Not my experience. I had an accident the other day, in a hospital car park of all places. Guy drove straight into the back of me and mangled the bumper and bent it so the boot wouldn't shut.

No problems at all, not even any shouting (which I've often experienced back in the UK). Lots of apologising. I took his name, number and business card.

Within 20 minutes, he'd called his insurer who visited the car park and inspected the damage. Agreed it needs repair, took all my details and said they would send me a chit to get the car fixed.

No hassles what-so-ever. Pretty much everyone has fully-comp insurance, so no need to get stressed about it.

No need for pictures, no need for witnesses. All was good and there was much embarrassment on the other driver's part.

Edited by bangkockney

If your lying unconscious at the side of the road it's a near certainty someone will inspect your wallet.

I'd had my wallet, complete with cash and cards, returned to me by the local police six months after my car accident. The cynicism on this forum is breathtaking.

Edited by inmysights

I'd had my wallet, complete with cash and cards, returned to me by the local police six months after my car accident. The cynicism on this forum is breathtaking.

And your naivete is astounding! Police came to you within minutes of being called? THAI POLICE? Or do you have some sort of special elite police for rich people number cause the rest of the country does not enjoy such treatment.

Banghockney, most people have insurance? No they dont lol. Its one thing to get smashed in a hospital parking lot by some well to do Thai man, its quite another to get smashed on the tollway by some farm hick who does a runner which is more often the case.

You 2 sound like your full of fairy dust and magical daisies, this is Thailand for crying out loud, whatever your limitted experiences are you were simply LUCKY.

And your naivete is astounding! Police came to you within minutes of being called? THAI POLICE? Or do you have some sort of special elite police for rich people number cause the rest of the country does not enjoy such treatment.

Banghockney, most people have insurance? No they dont lol. Its one thing to get smashed in a hospital parking lot by some well to do Thai man, its quite another to get smashed on the tollway by some farm hick who does a runner which is more often the case.

You 2 sound like your full of fairy dust and magical daisies, this is Thailand for crying out loud, whatever your limitted experiences are you were simply LUCKY.

Your crystal ball is knackered mate, get a new one.