Visa Vs Wp

Can you please advise me on something?

I am advised that the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur will only issue a one year B visa if there are still 7 or more months remaining on the Work Permit.

In other words if my visa runs out in May and my Work Permit expires in July then I will only be give a visa valid until the expiry date of the work permit.

Is this correct?

Thanks for any info

Yes, KL have for some period now wanted to see a significant period of validity on the Work Permit before they will issue a Multiple Entry non-immigrant Type B Visa.

In my area (Phuket), the Work Permit validity period is now no longer locked to the Passport Permitted to Stay Stamp date.

Instead Work Permit validity periods can be up to 2 years, but it depends on your profession.

For example if you are working for a company with a TAT license, the WP validity period is now issued up the renewal date of the TAT registration; also the WP may instead be locked into the expiry of a professional membership.

So there are still 'random' factors; for this reason, depending on your WP validity period, it may be necessary to plan to KL to apply for a new Multi Entry non B at a convenient point fairly soon after the WP is renewed/extended..