Renewing 'Retirement' Visa

gennisis

I've never understood all these threads about queues, issues that so many seem to have at immigration.

I use a GOOD lawyer, they handle everything, go once a year with their assistant. Enter by the back door at the appointed time, sign, pay and leave with new stamps in passport, 10-15 minutes maximum. I'm not on a retirement visa but same principle applies. If people think paying a few thousand baht to make this happen is not good value then you really don't deserve much sympathy when posting on here whineing about queuing at immigration.

I NEVER go to Immigration. I simply send my housekeeper. Too much of a zoo there for my tastes :)

Do you mean to say to renew it you do not have to go in my wife can do it for me or the neighbor.

I know they can do the 90 day check in but renewing it I thought one had to do it personally.

What about the statement of income from your Consulate?

And good luck keeping your place in the queue in London any more! Once the "EMPIRE" was a "well-ordered" place. Now, it seems to be a bit (more or less)complacently broke! And that's when one might get a bit antsy with the queue! Perhaps ?!

Excuse me, please.............! Do you mind?!............ Pardon me,but...................!

I did suggest this very matter on my renewal, last January.It was met with the customary smile and shaking of the head.I also asked when would they be housed in a bigger building, for the staffs sake and vistors. This was met with " Boss say Immigration have no money to move." Of course both matters would make it easier for all concerned but when has logic ever prevailed.

I have to suggest "logic" is not a factor when there is no money for building or moving to larger facilities. Govt agencies only have so much money allocated and they have to live within their budget. Thailand is no different from western countries (or any country).

And can you imagine how irritated some farang would be if he were told he could not come in the one day he wanted to because of appointments? And then some of those don't bother to show up (as can be guaranteed will happen).

I do not like waiting either, but the current queue system works and the immigration people are not sitting around waiting for no-shows.

I NEVER go to Immigration. I simply send my housekeeper. Too much of a zoo there for my tastes :)

If you see the discussion here, you know what to expect there. I wasn't aware you could send someone else. Good to know.:jap:

As I have posted in a similar thread, while at Immigration CM last month, I heard an Officer tell an irate falang that immigration officers are assigned to different functions according to the volume of applications. Retirement extensions are the least numerous and thus only one or two officers are assigned. Keep in mind that the visa processing office has taken on 90 day reports as well as Residence Letters from the admin office across the parking lot so they are much busier than in the past.

If you see the discussion here, you know what to expect there. I wasn't aware you could send someone else. Good to know.:jap:

I really don't think you can send some one else to renew it once a year. I know you can for the 90 day reports. I asked LJW but he has not returned with the answer. Maybe on the Visa forum.B)

I really don't think you can send some one else to renew it once a year. I know you can for the 90 day reports. I asked LJW but he has not returned with the answer. Maybe on the Visa forum.B)

I'm really impressed the way all you boys and girls manipulate immigration so that usually your pleasurable rendevous have happy endings,unless, like the above you flunk it. I feel it must have something to do with timing but you seem to be in and out in as short a time as it takes the averagely excited western male to achieve a satisfying orgasm. Three minutes. I'm not so lucky in either department.

I arrived there to-day at 8.25am expecting to find half a dozen casually dressed refugees from civilisation sucking on cans of beer while patiently waiting for the door to open only to find almost every seat in the place occupied and an enormous queue snakeing around three sides of the waiting room. This, just to get a ticket from the automatic vending machine, manned, as usual, by an immaculately turned out rooky pouring over passports,leafing through pages of documents and no doubt feeling very important as he kept the queue stationary. Its like having policemen at the traffic lights. They just snarl things up.

I've never understood the point of that neophyte guarding the machine. What's the point of automating the process only to gum up the works with a fumbling manual labourer presiding over the automation? It would be pefectly simple if allowed to do it's job. You press a button and are faced with half a dozen alternatives. What's so hard about that? It does assume that you know why you're there but really, you'd have to be in an advanced state of senility to be defeated by the choices displayed.Having an official presiding over the automation is not a good idea. It brings out the worst in people; it invites trouble, attracting the worried well, the lazy, the incompetent, the anxious, seeking reassurance, the lonely, seeking a friend,the troubled couple seeking counselling,the dependent ,the helpless and all manner of malcontents. Get rid of that man! Promote him to fashion consultant ! I reckon the queue would flow as smoothly as The Ping.

I will return another day but not 4th,5th and 6th December CLOSED for The Kings Birthday and Not 10th,11th and 12th CLOSED for Constitution Day(s)

Edited by Asmerom