Mometasone nose spray... other brand than Nasonex?

Hello all, 

Very specific post but, I went to a doctor who prescribed a nose spray with mometasone ('Nasa spray', Berlin brand) some time ago. When i go shopping in pharmacies, they ever only have the Nasonex brand which is kind of (more) expensive. Wondering if any nose spray experts here know about a potential other 'Thai' brand that contains mometasone? I've been to at least 10 different pharmacies, big or small in Chiang Mai (Boots included)

There are at least 3 Thai brands.

See this thread for details of large pharmacies in Chiang Mai. Dara Pharmacey and Peera pharmacy in particular are recommended.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1047628-best-chiang-mai-pharmacy/

Boots is not really a pharmacy in Thailand, sells mainly cosmetics and tolietries. Never a good choice.  Stick to large Thai pharmacies like Peera and Sara and others mentioned in the above thread.

• Thanks 1

Not in Chiang Mai, but the local pharmacist I trade with (it's a franchise) regularly can order most anything and have it in a few days. She's also good at recommending generic alternatives. 

25 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Not in Chiang Mai, but the local pharmacist I trade with

I get a generic mometasone nose spray (NOT Nasonex, it's half the price) from at least one chemist in Chiang Mai - the one next to Rim Ping in Kad Falang for instance. Why pay more for eaxactly the same substance?

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Not in Chiang Mai, but the local pharmacist I trade with (it's a franchise) regularly can order most anything and have it in a few days. She's also good at recommending generic alternatives. 

Location and name, please?

14 hours ago, nglodnig said:

I get a generic mometasone nose spray (NOT Nasonex, it's half the price) from at least one chemist in Chiang Mai - the one next to Rim Ping in Kad Falang for instance. Why pay more for eaxactly the same substance?

total opposite from where i live, unfortunately...

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Ask Google for Mometadsone in Thailand.

You'll see it's even available at Lazada for a few Baht.🙏

Yeah i did it but didn't find or see it on Lazada ? Can you pm me the link? Thanks

12 minutes ago, Aurelien said:

Yeah i did it but didn't find or see it on Lazada ? Can you pm me the link? Thanks

You're right, sorry. It's mentioned on Lazada but not showing. So, please try a Pharmacy. 

2 hours ago, Aurelien said:

total opposite from where i live, unfortunately...

Have you reviewed the locations of the pharmacies in the link I sent? 

23 hours ago, Aurelien said:

Hello all, 

Very specific post but, I went to a doctor who prescribed a nose spray with mometasone ('Nasa spray', Berlin brand) some time ago. When i go shopping in pharmacies, they ever only have the Nasonex brand which is kind of (more) expensive. Wondering if any nose spray experts here know about a potential other 'Thai' brand that contains mometasone? I've been to at least 10 different pharmacies, big or small in Chiang Mai (Boots included)

I'm certainly not an expert or even a healthcare professional, but I procure 2 types of nasal spray at the local pharmacies here in Jomtien. The 1st type is Phindroz with the mentioned 0.05% Oxymetazoline (oxymetazoline) and the 2nd type is Nasol with 0.1% naphazoline and 0.25% chlorpheniramine.  They seem to do the trick for me although they sometimes raise the blood pressure a little but they are available locally.  

https://pharmacy.mahidol.ac.th/dic/knowledge_full.php?id=57

Good luck with your search.

46 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

Why is this being prescribed? What is your problem. Mometasone is for skin irritations and rash. 

It is also used, in nasal spray form, for a variety of allergic/inflammatory nasal conditions.  

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Have you reviewed the locations of the pharmacies in the link I sent? 

Yes, they are a bit from me as well... one is next to Mc Cormick hospital where i go to sometimes

1 hour ago, Aurelien said:

Yes, they are a bit from me as well... one is next to Mc Cormick hospital where i go to sometimes

I think your choice may be between travelling a bit to get less expensive brand or paying more to get it closer to home.

I checked a number of online pharmacies but none had local generic brand listed.

1 hour ago, Aurelien said:

I think your choice may be between travelling a bit to get less expensive brand or paying more to get it closer to home.

I checked a number of online pharmacies but none had local generic brand listed.