Hotels Maha Sarakham

Simbo

Hi. I have been looking on the web for hotels in this area. I can find nothing. does anyone know of any? The town is about 70km east of Khon Ken. I would be obliged for any help. i.e phone no or websites. Thanks. Simbo

Maha Sarakham is a very hard place to get hotel details

Taksila is your best bet at 700 baht

The only other one I can add is

Nisravan Resort 144/8 Nakonsawan Rd. AMPHOE MUANG Tel 043 721084

I have never stayed there, just got details from the net

Just found this

Hotel: New Pattana Hotel Address: 1227/68 Somtha Winrad Rd, T. Talad, A. Maung, Mahsarakarm, Thailand Tel: +66-43-725-700 fax: +66-43-711-1988 Price single: US$10 per night Price double: US$13 per night. Rooms are air-conditioned and have hot water showers (no bath tubs) and the price includes breakfast.

I stayed in the New Pattana Hotel a couple of weeks back. It is very good and cheaper than the Taksila. About 370Baht, great value. I did get some discount I think for working for the govt.

It is right behind the Taksila, cable tv was nothing special though, but they had a dvd in the room.

Edited by Neeranam

I stayed in the New Pattana Hotel a couple of weeks back. It is very good and cheaper than the Taksila. About 370Baht, great value.  I did get some discount I think for working for the govt.

It is right behind the Taksila, cable tv was nothing special though, but they had a dvd in the room.

Thought you also stayed in the Valentine Hotel and were surprised to find it was a knocking shop, eh? Bit bloody obvious to everyone else on the planet, but can't understand why they cut the power at 10.00 pm. :D Would have thought the customers would be up in arms about losing the 'air' and 'tolathat' whilst on the job, so it can't have been a money saving move. Must have been a storm that night? :o

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-07-31 16:45:50)

I stayed in the New Pattana Hotel a couple of weeks back. It is very good and cheaper than the Taksila. About 370Baht, great value.  I did get some discount I think for working for the govt.

Thought you also stayed in the Valentine Hotel and were surprised to find it was a knocking shop, eh? Bit bloody obvious to everyone else on the planet, but can't understand why they cut the power at 10.00 pm.  Would have thought the customers would be up in arms about losing the 'air' and 'tolathat' whilst on the job, so it can't have been a money saving move. Must have been a storm that night?

Yes, I did also stay in the Valentine. I wasn't actually that surprised that it was a knocking shop. I am not from Mahasarakham, obviously. Someone else booked it for me.

Yes, there was a big storm that night. Do you actually think they turn off the electricity every night?

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-07-31 16:45:50)

Thought you also stayed in the Valentine Hotel and were surprised to find it was a knocking shop, eh? Bit bloody obvious to everyone else on the planet, but can't understand why they cut the power at 10.00 pm.  Would have thought the customers would be up in arms about losing the 'air' and 'tolathat' whilst on the job, so it can't have been a money saving move. Must have been a storm that night?

Yes, I did also stay in the Valentine. I wasn't actually that surprised that it was a knocking shop. I am not from Mahasarakham, obviously. Someone else booked it for me.

Yes, there was a big storm that night. Do you actually think they turn off the electricity every night?

Doubt it, for the reasons stated in my earlier post i.e. even if it is a "bungalow bum-bum" that rents by the hour, people still prefer to be relatively cool, leave the soaps on the goggle box and have some light when they leave at 1.00 am. But I might be wrong and the lack of power is just designed to add to the romantic, valentino-type atmosphere. Were there candles provided and just out of interest, did your "booker", book herself in to? :D

Don't feel obliged to answer the last question, but if you enjoyed the experience, you might like to try the "Love Inn" on the Mahsarakham - Khon Kaen Road, next time you're in the area. Never been in there myself, but curious to know how tasteful the decor is. :o