Bank Fees For Electronic Payments

Being a curious economist now....

This question comes from something I read on another thread. I guess it would be relevant to anyone who was wanting to run a small business in Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...pic=40646&st=45

Basically, it seems that the banks in LOS charge through the teeth for you to pay (for instance) your suppliers via electronic wire transfer. While in places like the UK and Australia, systems such as BACS/BPay are relatively cheap, if not free to a SME, it seems that Thai banks charge through the nose for businesses to make electronic transfers, especially to other banks.

I did a bit of quick research here and discovered that the fees indeed aren't cheap if you indeed did want to wire money to your payments to suppliers etc etc. This is especially the case where to wire money to another bank is a minimum of 120 baht, up to a maximum of 750 baht.

So just out of general curiosity, are there any cheaper systems to the TFB example I have shown, or are all the banks fairly similar in their fee structure? Secondly, are the any general strategies people might be able to recommend to minimise these fees (eg, have separate business accounts with different banks so that you can minimise fees).