Best Way To Renew Oa Visa

Hi,

My 1 year OA visa is valid untill mid December 2010.

I got it last yeat in Thai embassy in Paris.

I may have to travel to France at that period.

Do you recommend to apply a renewed visa in Bangkok or in Paris?

What is the easiest way?

Thanks

Cheers

Edited by MacArthur

Do you have a single or multi entry visa? What is the date of issue/expiration of the visa? Very important to know that to answer your question.

The only place to get a new visa would be outside Thailand. Thailand would provide one year extension of stay rather than a visa.

Hi Thanks for this info.

I have multiple entries Non Immigrant O-A visa issued in Thai Embassy in Paris expiring on 8 December 2010. This means that I can stay untill 7 December 2011 provided I leave the country and enter again before 7 December 2010.

But I live there and need to stay !

Better to aplly for a new one or get extension and then re apply?

If so, where? In Paris? In Asia near Thailand?

Regarding financial requierement it seems that rules varies from one office to the other. I can transfer money, no problem for that.

When I applied in Paris 1st time The just ask me letter from my French bank saying that " I have more than equivalent 800K Bahts on my French bank account to be transfered in Thai bank".

Thanks for yor advices...

cheers

Edited by MacArthur

But I live there and need to stay !

I have no idea what that means as you appear to be in Thailand but say you "live there" instead of "here".

If you make an entry before visa expires you will receive a new one year permitted to stay in Thailand from date of entry. Any travel after that will require re-entry permit. Extension of stay or a new visa would be required at the end of that period (late 2011).

For the next year all you need is an exit before expiration of visa. Next year you will require the 800k in bank 3 months or 65k income letter from Embassy or combination unless you want to return to Paris and apply for a new O-A visa.