Buying And Registering Private Tuk Tuk In Phuket

Peterocket

Patong has or had a pink one..

Guy in classifieds has them for sale.. 150k from memory. There were 2 for sale outside the Kathu go cart for ages.

I can see them for sale in Bangkok/Pattaya for around 160k but just arent sure if they can be registered for private use in Phuket. A bit like the company use Bangkok issue thing.

Anyone know if there are still 2 for sale outside the Kathu go cart?

I am not on Phuket right now but the owners of the ATV are my neighbours.. I will ask next week when I return if you like..

I would assume you can drive one with a plate from a difference province ?? Just maybe not move the plate to the local province.. The next Q would be can you insure it, not against loss but for accidents.. A farang in a tuktuk with questionable legality might send dollar signs flashing in an accident even if not your fault.

I am not on Phuket right now but the owners of the ATV are my neighbours.. I will ask next week when I return if you like..

I would assume you can drive one with a plate from a difference province ?? Just maybe not move the plate to the local province.. The next Q would be can you insure it, not against loss but for accidents.. A farang in a tuktuk with questionable legality might send dollar signs flashing in an accident even if not your fault.

If you could ask that would be good..looking for a cheap run around in addition to my Truck that isnt a bike. Might end up getting a Beetle if the TukTuk doesnt work out.

I'll ask a broker about the insurance, I would have thought it possible.....

a couple of years ago a friend of mine managed to register one in Phuket on normal private vehicle plates. All was going fine until he loaded up with friends and went to the beach at Naiharn. Surrounded by local Tuk Tuk drivers....demanded money to let him leave and generally roughed them all up..they accused him of stealing their customers and driving for profit...two days later his tuk tuk disappeared from outside his house and was later found floating in the local Klong.............beware...

Edited by itsala

a couple of years ago a friend of mine managed to register one in Phuket on normal private vehicle plates. All was going fine until he loaded up with friends and went to the beach at Naiharn. Surrounded by local Tuk Tuk drivers....demanded money to let him leave and generally roughed them all up..they accused him of stealing their customers and driving for profit...two days later his tuk tuk disappeared from outside his house and was later found floating in the local Klong.............beware...

Tuktuks do things like that ?? I dont believe it.. :rolleyes:

Ohh it happened to 'a mate' so it cant be reality..

/sarcasm