Thai army chief: Political gatherings banned during UN chief's visit

webfact

bulmerkie claimed in there post #19 that

(Nick Nostitz - New Mandela) claimed there was to be prescreened questions. Don't know who he is or what New Mandela is. Sounds like a underground red shirt publication. I could be wrong.

Suggest you use Google to find out and then read some of their work on Thailand.

Illuminating.

All I got on google was a book on Nelson Mandela's life. I doubt the book said any thing about the interview with pre screened questions bulmerkie claimed. Maybe you can re Google it and put the quotes up here to verify that is what it says in the meantime does any one really know.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(Nick Nostitz - New Mandela) claimed there was to be prescreened questions. Don't know who he is or what New Mandela is. Sounds like a underground red shirt publication. I could be wrong.

Suggest you use Google to find out and then read some of their work on Thailand.

Illuminating.

correct, very illuminating! mostly it confirms all of us in our opinions which seem set in concrete. Some interpret NM as a bunch of communists, or left wing, red-shirts; some as holy writ. Guess on which side I am :)

They are only academics, its run by some dudes from a university. Yawn.

You will always find some blue collar Tom and Dicks with wifeys who know more than them, specially after few beers.

Illuminating.

correct, very illuminating! mostly it confirms all of us in our opinions which seem set in concrete. Some interpret NM as a bunch of communists, or left wing, red-shirts; some as holy writ. Guess on which side I am :)

You will always find some blue collar Tom and Dicks with wifeys who know more than them, specially after few beers.

You should do a bit more research. After all New Mandala has featured Giles U .... an "academic" that even his university wouldn't tolerate and who is wanted on LM charges here in Thailand (and who appeared on stage with the Reds). Nick N. is so far left that he appear to be right-wing. NM is basically a blog and Nick N's drama-queen stuff from May did in fact make me laugh. I think he may have been the ONLY person on the scene that didn't hear gunfights .. ;)

All I got on google was a book on Nelson Mandela's life. I doubt the book said any thing about the interview with pre screened questions bulmerkie claimed. Maybe you can re Google it and put the quotes up here to verify that is what it says in the meantime does any one really know.

ROFL, try googling Nick Nostitz-New Mandela. The clue was in the post. Trust me I've been accused in previous posts of not being able to use a search engine with suggestions to just search in the TV forum for my answers. So in a way I can understand. Go on, give it a go. You'll find the first ten entries about Nick Nostitz, there's probably more but I couldn't be bothered. Go on, try a bit of research.

ROFL, try googling Nick Nostitz-New Mandela. The clue was in the post. Trust me I've been accused in previous posts of not being able to use a search engine with suggestions to just search in the TV forum for my answers. So in a way I can understand. Go on, give it a go. You'll find the first ten entries about Nick Nostitz, there's probably more but I couldn't be bothered. Go on, try a bit of research.

After yahooing I found a few articles on the monarchy I can't post here as they are all against LM law and forum rules. This one may just be borderline (March 26, 2010: The title of this New Mandala post is the first half of the V.I. Lenin quote that is highlighted on the cover of the magazine. It reads, in full, “History will not forgive us if we do not assume power now”.

post-58-013302900 1288107655_thumb.jpg

( http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/03/26/history-will-not-forgive-us/ ))

Well read as much as you can stomach and form a better informed opinion on the 'sacred red cause'. As for dear member phiphidon, he could have been a preacher ;)

PS New Mandela: It is owned by two researchers from the ANU, the Australian National University. It seems the owners are a bit more open minded than their writers at NM.

(edit: add PS)

Edited by rubl

Illuminating.

You should do a bit more research. After all New Mandala has featured Giles U .... an "academic" that even his university wouldn't tolerate and who is wanted on LM charges here in Thailand (and who appeared on stage with the Reds). Nick N. is so far left that he appear to be right-wing. NM is basically a blog and Nick N's drama-queen stuff from May did in fact make me laugh. I think he may have been the ONLY person on the scene that didn't hear gunfights .. ;)

Yes, you got it. That is my point, the average American veteran of foreign wars or some off-shore worker or some American tourist who come to Thailand for the temples, the food and the culture will know much more and better about Thailand than these rotten academics with some degree.

And first of all - they seems to have an opinion that differs form the official line of the Thai government. So for sure they are all liars, drama queens and should not be allowed to be quoted or mentioned at all.

Just listen what the Thai army chief general told you and you will be fine.

Yes, you got it. That is my point, the average American veteran of foreign wars or some off-shore worker or some American tourist who come to Thailand for the temples, the food and the culture will know much more and better about Thailand than these rotten academics with some degree.

And first of all - they seems to have an opinion that differs form the official line of the Thai government. So for sure they are all liars, drama queens and should not be allowed to be quoted or mentioned at all.

Just because you put a sarcastical tone in your reply doesn't mean you're right. Just like you and me, also highly learned and studied gentlemen tend to differ in opinions.

An opinion different from the government official line is not a lie, or not necessarily. It's only when lots / most people agree that an opinion seems to be formulated only to annoy or to provoke, or to instigate unrest that we should start to be upset. New Mandale Nick Nostitz's March 2010 edition has Lenin and refers to the fate of the Romanovs and quotes Lenin 'History will not forgive us if we do not assume power now'.

What do you say, Sergei Y. ?

Edited by rubl

After yahooing I found a few articles on the monarchy I can't post here as they are all against LM law and forum rules. This one may just be borderline (March 26, 2010: The title of this New Mandala post is the first half of the V.I. Lenin quote that is highlighted on the cover of the magazine. It reads, in full, “History will not forgive us if we do not assume power nowâ€.

( http://asiapacific.a...not-forgive-us/ ))

Well read as much as you can stomach and form a better informed opinion on the 'sacred red cause'. As for dear member phiphidon, he could have been a preacher ;)

Well I've been accused of being a brainwasher,brainwashed, etc but a preacher! Religious, I am not. But while we're on the subject, Pray, dear Rubi, what relevance has the above article have on my pointing out to the hard of thinking how to find articles about Mr Nostitz and his particular article about pre-screened questions? Remember your lectures to me about obfuscation and distracting from the point of discussion?

Well I've been accused of being a brainwasher,brainwashed, etc but a preacher! Religious, I am not. But while we're on the subject, Pray, dear Rubi, what relevance has the above article have on my pointing out to the hard of thinking how to find articles about Mr Nostitz and his particular article about pre-screened questions? Remember your lectures to me about obfuscation and distracting from the point of discussion?

I googled, and even search NM ... no luck.

Obviously you haven't found it either, otherwise you would have posted a link.

After yahooing I found a few articles on the monarchy I can't post here as they are all against LM law and forum rules. This one may just be borderline (March 26, 2010: The title of this New Mandala post is the first half of the V.I. Lenin quote that is highlighted on the cover of the magazine. It reads, in full, “History will not forgive us if we do not assume power now”.

I didn't accuse you of being a preacher, just said you might have been one.

As for finding article, you first said something like read some of Nick's articles. I did search, found a few and posted a link.

Just to help you I will provide another link from New Mandela

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/05/16/a-sunday-morning-look-at-bangkok/

Maybe still not the one you refer to, but just to put things into perspective, my dear friend :)

Edited by rubl

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/10/21/the-red-shirts-in-ayutthaya/

response no.15

I didn't accuse you of being a preacher, just said you might have been one.

As for finding article, you first said something like read some of Nick's articles. I did search, found a few and posted a link.

Just to help you I will provide another link from New Mandela

http://asiapacific.a...ook-at-bangkok/

Maybe still not the one you refer to, but just to put things into perspective, my dear friend :)

philw suggested reading his articles, I didn't. I responded to the one comment about only being able to find an article about Nelson Mandelas book. I have now provided the link.

Sorry ... I hadn't read right through the comments. I thought it was something in the actual article.

But reading through that particular comment, something did catch my eye ...

the government and the military are still lying about it, saying that all the protesters that were killed were killed by the militants in the Red Shirt camp.

When did the government say that "all the protesters that were killed were killed by the militants in the Red Shirt camp"?

Well, you beat them with your 'wit' and nescience.

Sorry ... I hadn't read right through the comments. I thought it was something in the actual article.

the government and the military are still lying about it, saying that all the protesters that were killed were killed by the militants in the Red Shirt camp.

When did the government say that "all the protesters that were killed were killed by the militants in the Red Shirt camp"?

Who else killed the people? If you want to say the government or the army did it, please provide evidence. Thank you.

Who else killed the people? If you want to say the government or the army did it, please provide evidence. Thank you.

Once again, <deleted> are you talking about. Why do you bother?

Just because you put a sarcastical tone in your reply doesn't mean you're right. Just like you and me, also highly learned and studied gentlemen tend to differ in opinions.

An opinion different from the government official line is not a lie, or not necessarily. It's only when lots / most people agree that an opinion seems to be formulated only to annoy or to provoke, or to instigate unrest that we should start to be upset. New Mandale Nick Nostitz's March 2010 edition has Lenin and refers to the fate of the Romanovs and quotes Lenin 'History will not forgive us if we do not assume power now'.

You are totally right, they are probably commies like all these pesky educated, liberals and academics, left and red. We all know that. Don't need to think further.

philw suggested reading his articles, I didn't. I responded to the one comment about only being able to find an article about Nelson Mandelas book. I have now provided the link.

I stand corrected. To my defense I can only say with that the single post of Philw and the various of Bulmercke and you, it almost seemed I was talking to the same person, rather than three different ones ;)

You are totally right, they are probably commies like all these pesky educated, liberals and academics, left and red. We all know that. Don't need to think further.

Never try to give a serious answer if you can annoy more people with a nice, sarcastic answer.

I doubt I'm totally right. I didn't say 'they' are probably commies. We don't know all that. And lastly there is always a need to think further.

You may go sleep now as you seem in no need to think :)

Once again, <deleted> are you talking about. Why do you bother?

Well, if you wanna challenge the statement that 'the dead were killed by red shirt militants' you will need to point at someone else who did these killings.

So my question is what you think who killed these people if it was not done by the red militants/terrorists?

Or what you know, do you know who killed the people?

Well, if you wanna challenge the statement that 'the dead were killed by red shirt militants' you will need to point at someone else who did these killings.

So my question is what you think who killed these people if it was not done by the red militants/terrorists?

My question was "when did the government say it"?

You've just gone off on a tangent ... as usual.

Whybother, don't bother...

Troll food is bad for you, it seems to cause early brain death one kibble at a time. Don't even stock it on your house, let alone spread it out for the mutating wild life, it will just raise your level of stress.

Edited by animatic

Ok jdinasia - if you like I will do a search on the internet tomorrow for the video in question and send the URL in a PM to you. That will settle the matter. And anyway - how do you know Voice of Thaksin and DTV didn't report on this at the time or subsequently? I didn't realise you were a subscriber to both and/or have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the content of their back issues from April 2009 onwards.

On fact I do read VoT and did have People TV on throughout almost all of the political crisis. Your claims just cannot be backed up by ANY proof. If there was ANYTHING out there it would be in constant use by the Reds. hel_l, they used doctored tapes to try and discredit Abhisit. They used pictures of dead members of the military to try and discredit the government (the soldiers died in the south and not from the reasons claimed by the reds.)

YOU made the claim .. it is up to you to show some proof. Since there isn't any (not even rumours of your claims) I guess we won't be seeing anything from you :)

Same as the last time he made the claim, same as the time before etc. No solid evidence provided.

He's seen distraught people though. I was distraught when I seen photos on the web of protesters supposedly murdered by the army. That feeling of being distraught was replaced by something else when techniques for doctoring the photos were quickly clarified on other websites, then the techniques confirmed CRES during their announcement that evening. This was along with the explanation of the photo of slain solders used by the red shirts in their propaganda flyer. Pretty scummy stuff, all-in-all.

Of course, the counter argument is that CRES could of set the whole lot up. I think most of us have seen enough to be convinced of who is responsible for what however.

I think i heard it a couple of times that the government declared that they or the army is not responsible for the death and the killings, but that it was done by the terrorists and so on.

Do you read the newspapers or not? Guess why they arrested all the red shirts and the leaders face charges for terrorism?

And again: Who do you think who did it?

edit to add. PS

PS: you witty question sound like you wanna indicate that it weren't the militant reds and the terrorists BUT the government and the army itself that are responsible for the many death.

If you have some evidence for it - i would like to see it.

Edited by SergeiY

I think i heard it a couple of times that the government declared that they or the army is not responsible for the death and the killings, but that it was done by the terrorists and so on.

Do you read the newspapers or not? Guess why they arrested all the red shirts and the leaders face charges for terrorism?

And again: Who do you think who did it?

The government have never said the the red shirts killed all the people that died during the protests.

IMO, the army killed some people. The red shirts killed some people. The red shirts were responsible for most of them. Why did they bring guns to a peaceful protest?

Edited by whybother

The Reds started the killing, the army finished it,

because the Reds left them no choice, as was the red plan.

And then to whine on forever about it. Also part of the plan.

Are you saying the army took part in the killing? How many were killed by the army?

Do you have some reliable source for it?

Edited by SergeiY

IMO, the army killed some people. The red shirts killed some people. The red shirts were responsible for most of them. Why did they bring guns to a peaceful protest?

How many people were killed by the army?

And the 'guns in a peaceful protest'. Why? To give the army a reason to kill them or what? To kill their fellow red shirts?

Could it be probably just a frame and a set-up, same as in the video of the meeting of the Democrats with some secretary form the court?

<snip>

edit to add. PS

PS: you witty question sound like you wanna indicate that it weren't the militant reds and the terrorists BUT the government and the army itself that are responsible for the many death.

&lt;deleted&gt; ... it was a simple question. All I want to indicate is that I don't believe the government have said that the red shirts killed all those that died. They might have said that the army didn't kill some of those that died, but AFAIK they have never said that they didn't kill any.

<snip>

edit to add. PS

&lt;deleted&gt; ... it was a simple question. All I want to indicate is that I don't believe the government have said that the red shirts killed all those that died. They might have said that the army didn't kill some of those that died, but AFAIK they have never said that they didn't kill any.

Ex PM Chuan already said on Monday that the dead are killed by the Red-shirt themselves. Go read KhaoSod.

Edited by chantorn