Fiancee Settlement Visa, Now She Is Here In U.K

Fiancee has been here in U.K for just over 2 weeks, all is good, got an appointment with a language college set up for mid November....

we don't plan on getting married till next year and as far as I can make out she cannot get a N.I number till then.

What about healthcare? is she entitled to it?

Also council tax, I need to get her name put on there to show she is living with me so there is a record for later on when/if she needs to apply for ILR, is that the best/only way of getting a proof of address for her?

Cheers for any pointers/advice

For proof of address you can open a bank account for her, in her name of course.

Ahh, chicken and egg, to open a bank account you need proof of address.

Utility companies will add a name to a bill on the strength of a phone call.

Not at all, I have guaranteed 3 people in the UK for bank accounts (2 Thai / 1 Malaysian) only my own proof of address and details as an account holder at the bank was required. (Nat west Bank).

Your Fiancee is in the UK on what is in effect a settlement Visa, She is entitled to NHS services You will need to go to your Doctors and Register.

I managed to do that before we were married no problem. although some people have reported that they have had difficulty

You can put your Fiancee's name on a utility account such as telephone and water then you will have proof of address. Needed to open a bank account

I don't think she will be able to open one in her sole name until she has a credit rating, getting her on a utility bill or two is a good idea.

Good luck

Your Fiancee is in the UK on what is in effect a settlement Visa, She is entitled to NHS services You will need to go to your Doctors and Register.

I managed to do that before we were married no problem. although some people have reported that they have had difficulty

You can put your Fiancee's name on a utility account such as telephone and water then you will have proof of address. Needed to open a bank account

I don't think she will be able to open one in her sole name until she has a credit rating, getting her on a utility bill or two is a good idea.

Good luck

Brilliant, thanks very much for the info, much appreciated!