Mini I-Pod Failure.

soihok

Hi.

Any advice on the following. These mini i-pods are about 6 years old.

* I have two mini i-pods that are registered to me from new, one has completely failed showing a message to contact Apple. The others battery goes flat really quick.

* The computer that I have all the data ( songs ) on has failed also.

* I have tried to access my account from a new computer and plugged the working i-pod into it via USB but no good. Keeps telling me that its registered to my old broken computer. This is after installing i-tunes on the new one.

I,m afraid that I will now lose all my songs.

I haven't contacted Apple about this actually, do they keep saved data?

Cheers

Option 1: get some cheese from the moon

Option 2: try to do a "hard reset" for your particular device, a simple Google search should tell you what the right combination of buttons to press is

Option 3: update the software of your device

Various programs allow you to get music off your iPod. Google for it. You have one working one, so that should work for sure. It might work on the broken one, too.

Can you recover the hard disk from your old broken computer? For future reference: Always make a backup. Hard disks fail, it's just a matter of time. In Thailand they fail sooner rather than later due to the heat.

Many thanks for the advice.

Reset made no difference, just got a crying i-pod with Apples e-mail address together with a triangle ! sign, on the display.

The working machines battery is on its last legs, I may ship both to an Apple dealer and buy another and ask them to import all data ( songs ) onto it.

Regarding the computer that has failed, its in Thailand ( I,m in Singapore ), the manual tells me that the memory card has failed ( Dell manual for the desk top ) pattern and colour of LED's on the back of the computer.

Any comments ?

Meanwhile........heres a great song from The Cult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raql_Hh_NmU