Non-im Visa

Ok, I have a few questions that I hope someone has an answer for. I am about to make a Visa run to Penang to apply for a 90 day visa, Multiple entry. I was told by an official web site that it would be be easy for this visa at Penang due to me being married to a Thai. I was going to leave on the 10th of December, but decided that because it will take 4 life times to wait for a visa to be approved while I am back in the states and she is here in Thailand, I thought that I would remain here in Thailand until I know that she will be ok to enter the states. Ok, now with all this babbeling, my question is this. Had anyone made this run and was it as easy as they are saying it is? Thanks in advance for the info.

It should be easy and not a problem to obtain a multi entry O visa at Penang if you take marriage certificate and copy of wifes ID card (or even better take wife for a few days vacation). Can not believe you found this information on an "official" web site with "go.th" as in government of Thailand.

You have the options to fly (direct or part way), take train all or part of the way, take bus all or part of the way and combinations including share taxi and mini vans. If not direct flight Hat Yai is the normal transfer place and a good value for overnight stays.

Just remember you must turn in visa request in morning and it will be ready the next afternoon (if not holiday or weekend). If you want details of anything there are many here who can help answer your questions so shoot away.