How Do I Get A New Visa?

I came to Thailand from Australia, and have been living on a one year Non-Immigrant multi-entry visa, doing visa runs every 3 months, and now my visa is about to expire very soon. My questions are: how do I get a new visa for the next 3 months, and how much will it cost? Can I go to Laos, or do I need to go somewhere like Singapore? Can I just do a visa run and apply at the border?

Thank you for the speedy reply smile.gif

Unfortunately the original visa already expired, I'm actually here 2 months after the expiry date, as I got an extra 2 by doing a visa run early.

Is it possible for me to apply for another one year multi-entry visa? I have until the 7th of Nov...

If you do a border run the day before the Visa expires you will get another 90 days.

Failing that you need to visit a Thai Consulate and apply for a Tourist Visa. They are free at the moment.

Vientienne Laos will issue a double entry.

No multi 'o' visa available in the surrounding area, unless married to a Thai national, the best you could get is a 2 entry tourist via from Vientienne Laos, which with 30 day extensions from immigration would be good for 6 months, they are free at the moment up until the end of march i believe.

That sounds perfect actually!

I am new to how this works, so when you say 'get the free 30 day extensions from immigration' does that mean I have to do a visa run each time, or is that within Bangkok? Also, how much does the 2 entry tourist visa cost, and how long do I need to wait in Laos when I apply?

No multi 'o' visa available in the surrounding area, unless married to a Thai national, the best you could get is a 2 entry tourist via from Vientienne Laos, which with 30 day extensions from immigration would be good for 6 months, they are free at the moment up until the end of march i believe.

Apply in morning and receive next workday afternoon as with most Consulates. The visa will be free but you have to pay for a visa to Laos at border. Entry is 60 days and by going to Immigration office near you about a week before it expires you can get an additional 30 days with a TM.7 form/photo and 1,900 baht. You then leave before the visa expiration date (which is not necessary your permitted to stay date) and enter for a new 60 + 30

No you get a free 2 entry visa from Lao, then when you enter thailand they give you a 60day stamp, just prior to this expire date, you go to any immigration and extended by 30 days for 1,900 baht, when this extension ends do a border run and then re-start the process, 60 days and then 30 days (1,900 baht). when the second 30 days nears the end, do another visa run and obtain another 2 entry tourist visa

Lopburi3 said it all

Edited by steve187