Thai Bank Account

I have some money laying around in Thai bank account, not earning any interest. It’s not a big amount but as I don’t intend to use it for a while I just wonder if I can put it in the term deposit or something to get some interest. And if yes what is the tax implication. I don’t mind to pay tax on the money I earn. I will ask the bank but at the moment I am not in Thailand.

Thank you for your help.

TMB last week 1.5% for 3 months minimum 1000000baht........I think after tax you net around 12750 not bad if you can renew it is almost 6% a year

I also think you need a 1 year visa ymmv

when banks advertise 1.5% for 3 months the 1.5% is the yearly interest rate. You don't get 6% per year

TMB last week 1.5% for 3 months minimum 1000000baht........I think after tax you net around 12750 not bad if you can renew it is almost 6% a year

when banks advertise 1.5% for 3 months the 1.5% is the yearly interest rate. You don't get 6% per year

No that is not the case this is a 3 month time deposit . They pay 1.5% on a minimum 1 million baht then they subtract taxes. I am not fluent in thai but i specifically asked after 3 months what i would get paid? She had a sheet and this is where i got my figures from.

I can not say if TMB is good or bad.

No that is not the case this is a 3 month time deposit . They pay 1.5% on a minimum 1 million baht then they subtract taxes. I am not fluent in thai but i specifically asked after 3 months what i would get paid? She had a sheet and this is where i got my figures from.

I can not say if TMB is good or bad.

I'm sure there was a misunderstanding between you and the bank employee, no Thai bank will give you 6% per annum for a 3 months fixed deposit. If you check TMB's homepage the advertised interest rate for 3 months is 1.20% p.a., you might be able to get more for larger amounts - but not 6% p.a.

Sophon