Getting Around Town

Pillion

I don't think enforcing a dress code is necessary. A pillion rides how a pillion wants just as long as it's comfortable,

<snip>

we could try leather trousers with a (possible) logo and the club motto down the leg.

You also need a club name, can I suggest,

Pillion Riders In Comfortable Kecks

Or just PRICKs for short..... I have a few ideas for a suitable logo design too.

:cheesy:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings fellow pillioners,

Oh what a day, I'm extremely relieved to be home. I've had an unpleasant experience today.

This morning I required a lift to Airport Plaza, it was quite important as I wanted to have a relaxing walk around. When I called my usual driver, he stated that his eye was in a bad way and that he couldn't drive me there, quite inconsiderate considering he didn't apologise but I suppose understandable.

So I faced the usual pillion dilemma, where to get a lift. My other drivers were working so I was referred to another driver by a fellow pillion. I called the driver and stated that I required a lift immediately, and he was very rude to me. I don't want to go in to details but he basically called Pillioning, my passion, 'riding bitch'.

'Riding bitch' what a disgraceful, demeaning and hurtful name to call my passion and hobby. In the face of this animosity I will stand up proud and continue being a pillion.

Keep pillioning

Pillion

Pillion I am rather new to this...

Can you elaborate on your strategy of building a stable of willing and available drivers?...

How do you arrange a gig?... Is it as simple as a phone call?

Is there such a thing as a Pillion Chaser?...

Maybe the club can build a database of willing drivers and create a dating rating review system...

Edited by sfokevin

Pillion I am rather new to this...

Can you elaborate on your strategy of building a stable of willing and available drivers?...

How do you arrange a gig?... Is it as simple as a phone call?

Is there such a thing as a Pillion Chaser?...

Maybe the club can build a database of willing drivers and create a dating rating review system...

Welcome Sfokevin,

It's a pleasure to see more people joining this topic and expressing an interest.

Yes there is a strategy and a skill to building the strategy. This would be the benefit of the club, we could all discuss tips and tricks of being a pillion, so please come along and bring a guest, providing they are a pillion of course.

I'm sure you could have deleted 'dating' rather than putting in a strikethrough, just for future reference.

Thank you again for the post.

Keep on the back seat....

Pillion

Edited by Pillion

Greetings fellow pillioners,

Oh what a day, I'm extremely relieved to be home. I've had an unpleasant experience today.

This morning I required a lift to Airport Plaza, it was quite important as I wanted to have a relaxing walk around. When I called my usual driver, he stated that his eye was in a bad way and that he couldn't drive me there, quite inconsiderate considering he didn't apologise but I suppose understandable.

So I faced the usual pillion dilemma, where to get a lift. My other drivers were working so I was referred to another driver by a fellow pillion. I called the driver and stated that I required a lift immediately, and he was very rude to me. I don't want to go in to details but he basically called Pillioning, my passion, 'riding bitch'.

'Riding bitch' what a disgraceful, demeaning and hurtful name to call my passion and hobby. In the face of this animosity I will stand up proud and continue being a pillion.

Keep pillioning

Pillion

:cheesy: You've made my day Mr.P...what a great post

Pillion, I'm still trying to figure out how you've managed to do all the pillion practice at home on a stationary motorbike. You have achieved a truly amazing feat here in my opinion, as most of these smaller motorcycles don't have a centre stand so you have either risked all by practising on the stationary machine with a severe lean on the sidestand, or perhaps you leant the machine against a wall which is also an incredibly dangerous thing to do. Can you imagine the injuries you could suffer if the motorcycle slipped and fell?

How about we make, market and sell a stand similar to that used by the pit crews on race bikes so as the machine is held in an upright position to offer a safe and stable platform for all up and coming pillionaires?

Pillion, I'm still trying to figure out how you've managed to do all the pillion practice at home on a stationary motorbike. You have achieved a truly amazing feat here in my opinion, as most of these smaller motorcycles don't have a centre stand so you have either risked all by practising on the stationary machine with a severe lean on the sidestand, or perhaps you leant the machine against a wall which is also an incredibly dangerous thing to do. Can you imagine the injuries you could suffer if the motorcycle slipped and fell?

How about we make, market and sell a stand similar to that used by the pit crews on race bikes so as the machine is held in an upright position to offer a safe and stable platform for all up and coming pillionaires?

Great idea. I've seen pillion training equipment here before. There are a few training centres around Thailand. Some with staff on hand to help and advise. One such venue is located upstairs in Nana Plaza, BKK.

I wonder what Mr. Pillion would make of a pillion training centre or gym here in Chiang Mai?

My pillion friend and I are looking forward to the first meeting. I usually get roped into riding but with enough notice your man and I could sponge ourselveses a lift sure.

I saw that the Pillion was attending the Thai Visa party, and I'm quite excited to see his face. But my sources tell me that he's going to turn up dressed like the stig. I was wondering if this was true.

Don't you mean "The Satig"? lol :D

I am so sorry to inform you that The Stig is correct. He's a famous character from a car show called 'Top Gear'. Next time, check your facts first, before you start pointing fingers at others.

I saw that the Pillion was attending the Thai Visa party, and I'm quite excited to see his face. But my sources tell me that he's going to turn up dressed like the stig. I was wondering if this was true.

I am so sorry to inform you that The Stig is correct. He's a famous character from a car show called 'Top Gear'. Next time, check your facts first, before you start pointing fingers at others.

I presume you left the sense of humor at home this morning! A simple pun which clearly flew high above your head.

Try reading again with a light hearted approach and maybe one day you too can laugh again and walk around with a smile!

I presume you left the sense of humor at home this morning! A simple pun which clearly flew high above your head.

Try reading again with a light hearted approach and maybe one day you too can laugh again and walk around with a smile!

My bad, been a long day,I instantly thought you we're having a pop, like so many others on TV. Took me a while but I got it, and yes, if I wasn't so thick skulled i would have seen the pun. Good humor. Bad judgement on my part.

Keep it coming tho, as my rider has been on the 'lao' all day, and his brakes aren't what they used to be. Message to the Pillion. Is it gay to give your rider a bear hug for short journeys, because it's either that or death. What's your view Pillion. And what would you do?

And on that thought, How do you cope with your meat and two veg while riding pillion. If I'm lucky I sometimes get a female rider, so it's never a problem. But how do you handle it when it's a bloke, and you feel your jewels pressing against his back. I sometimes think 'Can he feel them' and if he can, what should I do. I obviously try and avoid this scenario, but sometimes I can't. I am not gay, so this may start damaging my pillion passion. Do you have any tips on how to handle this scenario?

Hello Bill,

To answer your question short and simple. My driver's bike I use to practice, a CXi or something, not that I care what it is, has a main stand that keeps the bike upright. That's how I practice.

Pillion

Hello Bill,

To answer your question short and simple. My driver's bike I use to practice, a CXi or something, not that I care what it is, has a main stand that keeps the bike upright. That's how I practice.

Pillion

Phew!! What a relief. There I was thinking you'd put your personal safety and that of others around you, on the line with gay abandon by using a machine without a centre stand. Silly me. I hope others are taking note.

In life there are pitchers and catchers, tops and bottoms, drivers and pillions. I'm a top, 'nuff said.

I only ride 2nd at the other person's mercy under extreme circumstances. I would consider.... if only for the purpose of doing an around-the-moat photo shoot and finally being able to grab pix of some of things I see from a moto's perspective driving around the inner city while someone else chauffers me.

In life there are pitchers and catchers, tops and bottoms, drivers and pillions. I'm a top, 'nuff said.

I only ride 2nd at the other person's mercy under extreme circumstances. I would consider.... if only for the purpose of doing an around-the-moat photo shoot and finally being able to grab pix of some of things I see from a moto's perspective driving around the inner city while someone else chauffers me.

Greetings,

that's a shame...... well I must say I feel sorry for you if you have that view

Pillion

My bad, been a long day,I instantly thought you we're having a pop, like so many others on TV. Took me a while but I got it, and yes, if I wasn't so thick skulled i would have seen the pun. Good humor. Bad judgement on my part.

Keep it coming tho, as my rider has been on the 'lao' all day, and his brakes aren't what they used to be. Message to the Pillion. Is it gay to give your rider a bear hug for short journeys, because it's either that or death. What's your view Pillion. And what would you do?

And on that thought, How do you cope with your meat and two veg while riding pillion. If I'm lucky I sometimes get a female rider, so it's never a problem. But how do you handle it when it's a bloke, and you feel your jewels pressing against his back. I sometimes think 'Can he feel them' and if he can, what should I do. I obviously try and avoid this scenario, but sometimes I can't. I am not gay, so this may start damaging my pillion passion. Do you have any tips on how to handle this scenario?

Good morning Slinky.

Regarding your first question about 'bear hugging'. The simple fact is that more inexperienced pillioners may give their driver a bear hug.

Is it gay? no I wouldn't say it is

is it normal practice? not at my standard of pillioning, no.

My advice would be to practice on a stationary bike again, get to know the feeling of the suspension, the seat and perfect your balance. There is nothing worse for me than seeing an amateur pillion grabbing hold of their driver with white knuckles. This portrays a sorry image for the rest of us pillions. Practice, practice, practice.

Regarding your second question, I feel a little uncomfortable talking about this private affair in public but I will be quite frank for the sake of fellow pillions. I've had occasions where the seat may be a little too small (inconsiderate on the driver's behalf) and I've been squashed up against my driver, and I admit with my passion of pillioning in full swing and the bounce of the road other parts of me have stood to attention and yes pressed in to the small of my driver's back which has been a little awkward. One driver demanded I get off his bike and he left me standing at full attention by the side of the road for everyone to see, very demeaning and somewhat emasculating but, like times before, my passion prevailed.

Since that one bad experience, my screening process for drivers has tightened, they need total understanding if that situation 'rises' again and most importantly they need a normal sized seat.

So to answer your question in short, either find a driver with a good sized seat or have a quiet, open and frank chat about the incident.

Keep on the back seat.....

Pillion

Regarding your second question, I feel a little uncomfortable talking about this private affair in public but I will be quite frank for the sake of fellow pillions. I've had occasions where the seat may be a little too small (inconsiderate on the driver's behalf) and I've been squashed up against my driver, and I admit with my passion of pillioning in full swing and the bounce of the road other parts of me have stood to attention and yes pressed in to the small of my driver's back which has been a little awkward. One driver demanded I get off his bike and he left me standing at full attention by the side of the road for everyone to see, very demeaning and somewhat emasculating but, like times before, my passion prevailed.

Pillion

:cheesy: This thread gets funnier by the day :D

Dear Pillion

Surely motorbike taxis a la Bangkok would be the ultimate boon for pillioneers.

When in BKK, I used to pillion to work every morning and whilst it's not everyone's cup of tea, I found that I usually ended up starting my work day with a re-invigorated love of life and ready for anything. It was like getting off a roller-coaster and stepping into work. I rather liked it.

So anyway, why aren't there motorsai taxis in CM? The only explanation I ever heard was that the Red Songteaw mafia had prevented them from operating to protect their income. Is this true? Are there any other explanations?

Once established, the Pillion Club should lobby local authorities hard (e.g. pillion-based junkets to Pai, 'Million Pillion Ride' event etc) for the introduction of motorbike taxis in CM.

I know you have emphasized the close relationship between pillioneer and rider as a key feature of pillioning, but personally speaking I'm prepared to be promiscuous for the sake of expediency, and surely more varied pillioning thrills could be had with a wider variety of partners - even strangers.

And besides, it seems you've been hurt in the past by former riders, calling you unwarranted names etc. So why not embrace a bit of uninhibited pillioning with motorbike taxis?

Cheers

Edited by hanuman1

hanuman1.

re ... why aren't there motorsai taxis in CM?

there are .... at arcade bus station ,

if you come out the front entrance turn left and walk across the yard through the new

short time pay to park a bike area theres a tent with 5 / 8 ish motorsai taxi drivers there

pillion.

re ... I've had occasions where the seat may be a little too small (inconsiderate on the driver's behalf) and I've been squashed up against my driver

so this ones no good then ?

just wondering : ) ... dave2

I'm now beginning to wonder about "The Pillion"s true identity.

He has been keeping many of us amused with this thread which won't seem to go away for some time now, and has promised to reveal his identity at the Thai Visa party. ..hmm

His style of writing and posting techniques remind me of someone who has not been on the forum since the arrival of The Pillion B)

I'm not at present going to say who I THINK he is....lets just see where this goes, but I think he owns a condo by the river, is that right Mr.P?

Then again I could be totally wrong :(

Dear Pillion

Surely motorbike taxis a la Bangkok would be the ultimate boon for pillioneers.

When in BKK, I used to pillion to work every morning and whilst it's not everyone's cup of tea, I found that I usually ended up starting my work day with a re-invigorated love of life and ready for anything. It was like getting off a roller-coaster and stepping into work. I rather liked it.

So anyway, why aren't there motorsai taxis in CM? The only explanation I ever heard was that the Red Songteaw mafia had prevented them from operating to protect their income. Is this true? Are there any other explanations?

Once established, the Pillion Club should lobby local authorities hard (e.g. pillion-based junkets to Pai, 'Million Pillion Ride' event etc) for the introduction of motorbike taxis in CM.

I know you have emphasized the close relationship between pillioneer and rider as a key feature of pillioning, but personally speaking I'm prepared to be promiscuous for the sake of expediency, and surely more varied pillioning thrills could be had with a wider variety of partners - even strangers.

And besides, it seems you've been hurt in the past by former riders, calling you unwarranted names etc. So why not embrace a bit of uninhibited pillioning with motorbike taxis?

Cheers

Good afternoon Hanuman,

Thank you for joining our topic.

Regarding the motorcycle taxis, I'm not quite sure exactly why there are no motorcycle taxis in Chiang Mai, maybe there just isn't the need or demand, I'm not sure. Although, if there were motorcycle taxis in Chiang Mai I would certainly not be interested in them nor would I ever contemplate taking one for one of the core values of pillions.... they are not free. Why pay for something when you can get it for free?

Keep on the back seat sure

Pillion

I'm now beginning to wonder about "The Pillion"s true identity.

He has been keeping many of us amused with this thread which won't seem to go away for some time now, and has promised to reveal his identity at the Thai Visa party. ..hmm

His style of writing and posting techniques remind me of someone who has not been on the forum since the arrival of The Pillion B)

I'm not at present going to say who I THINK he is....lets just see where this goes, but I think he owns a condo by the river, is that right Mr.P?

Then again I could be totally wrong :(

Hello again ThaiPaulie,

I'm not sure I'm the person you think I am. You can come along to our meeting soon and see for yourself.

Keep on the back seat....

Pillion