Big Mekong

kenny999

This 35kg Mekong was one of quite a few caught up near Bangkok but not the biggest that was 50kg plus. fishing with 2 friends well I thought 2 friends it would appear one of them had and has a big problem, he was a miserable git on the last day!!!!! apart from that a great time away cheer up Mr Miserable!!!!!

I have no big problem. But on the last night when you had a fish hooked on your line and got tangle with Tim's line then after it was untangle the tip of your rod broke you smashed your rod and then whacked it again. Threw a temper and stomp off what does it do? A good angler would have stay calm and make sure all is in proper order. Tim was frightened he didn't want to go back to bungalow. He thought of staying at another bungalow do you know? I wanted too. Although you didn't name me sublimely you refer to me.

And it's not right to post this. Call me, email, sms or talk to me face to face this is the right thing to do.

I have no big problem. But on the last night when you had a fish hooked on your line and got tangle with Tim's line then after it was untangle the tip of your rod broke you smashed your rod and then whacked it again. Threw a temper and stomp off what does it do? A good angler would have stay calm and make sure all is in proper order. Tim was frightened he didn't want to go back to bungalow. He thought of staying at another bungalow do you know? I wanted too. Although you didn't name me sublimely you refer to me.

And it's not right to post this. Call me, email, sms or talk to me face to face this is the right thing to do.

I lost my temper because to me replacing a 9000 bht rod is a big deal, I did not blame anyone and doing what I did has nothing to do with being a good fisherman!!!!

No you are right I did not name you but they know who it is now dont they, very silly

Edited by kenny999

I lost my temper because to me replacing a 9000 bht rod is a big deal, I did not blame anyone and doing what I did has nothing to do with being a good fisherman!!!!

No you are right I did not name you but they know who it is now dont they, very silly

I comtemplated whether to response to your message the whole morning. Why you post if it's not sublimely to sent me a message. It's childish. And I decided I should response as I want you to know it's not pleasant what you did. And I do not fear to be known . Whacking your rod, shouting profanities and losing your temper dampened everyones mood. But of course you don't care as it's alright you sulked the whole night long. I wanted to leave that night but couldn't get transport or flight.

This is a closed matter now.

Love this thread :lol:

I always aim to please Angiud, we are not all placid meek people some of us have a personality lol ha ha

Oh <deleted> fuc_k and <deleted> again but I am a happy bunny after catching some Monsters big feckers by the way.

Edited by kenny999

I have had friends with tempers who nearly destroyed computers / joysticks when they lost a game. I must say i thought it was a childs thing. BUt when i broke my shimano carp rod at ngau nam (for no apparent reason) I was not happy. But I did not throw a fit because these things happen and getting angry cant change things. I hate loosing money but getting angry does not change a thing. I might feel bad for a short time and then realise i cant do a thing about it and accept it.

I have had friends with tempers who nearly destroyed computers / joysticks when they lost a game. I must say i thought it was a childs thing. BUt when i broke my shimano carp rod at ngau nam (for no apparent reason) I was not happy. But I did not throw a fit because these things happen and getting angry cant change things. I hate loosing money but getting angry does not change a thing. I might feel bad for a short time and then realise i cant do a thing about it and accept it.

You are a nice man, it made me feel better and I was over it quickly, we are all different, you are how you are!!!!! I never get road rage or lose my temper about anything but my fishing rod well now that was a different matter.

You are a nice man, it made me feel better and I was over it quickly, we are all different, you are how you are!!!!! I never get road rage or lose my temper about anything but my fishing rod well now that was a different matter.

Its a good thing we are all different. But I think loosing your temper in front of others is not a real good thing. (not saying it never happened to me). Its a bit like the guys who throw their tennis racket on the floor when they loose. I have lost my temper on an other matter and later i did apologize to my gf because i got angry with her when she was not to blame. Nobody is perfect.. not even me :D

Its a good thing we are all different. But I think loosing your temper in front of others is not a real good thing. (not saying it never happened to me). Its a bit like the guys who throw their tennis racket on the floor when they loose. I have lost my temper on an other matter and later i did apologize to my gf because i got angry with her when she was not to blame. Nobody is perfect.. not even me :D

Agree losing your temper solves nothing and I never do, but in this instance there was no need for the rod to be broken, in my haste to untangle the top of the rod because I had a big fish on at the time I pulled to hard and snapped the top of the rod, I lost my temper a little bit which was all directed at myself. in hind site I would not re-act the same way because as you say that does nothing. I think everyone and I mean everyone has over reacted at some point in there lives.

Agree losing your temper solves nothing and I never do, but in this instance there was no need for the rod to be broken, in my haste to untangle the top of the rod because I had a big fish on at the time I pulled to hard and snapped the top of the rod, I lost my temper a little bit which was all directed at myself. in hind site I would not re-act the same way because as you say that does nothing. I think everyone and I mean everyone has over reacted at some point in there lives.

My rod also snapped for no reason.. i was sad for my nice shimano car rod. Also expensive, it was when i hooked a small fish. NO reason for it I had even hooked and landed big pla bugs with it before.