Favourite 7-Eleven & 7-Eleven Breakfast

krung

Been watching a lot of post about best food here and there, best value of food, good service.

But lets be honest all we need is a local 7-11 for our everyday needs & a true Thai experience.

My favourite branch is the one opposite Wat Phra Singh, a good roomy building with a nice selection of items

and you still feel like you are in Thailand with a few monks adding to the south east asia experience.

For breakfast i would have to say a pack of sausages (microwaved of course) and a few croissants,

all for under 50 baht, let me see any other place beat that for value.

So where is your favouite 7-11 & more important what is cooking for breakfast.

I totally agree with you, I myself prefer to head down to my local 7-eleven for an afternoon Beer. The prices are great, and lets be honest, how many bars in town offer such a great air-con system. The bar snacks are great too, my favourite must be the cheesy Roller Coasters from Jack and Jill, which go down great with a large bottle of Chang. The toilet facilities aren't the best mind you, but their is a great ally behind my favourite 7-eleven. My vote goes to 7-eleven Sompet.

The Wat Phra Singh 7-11 is very good indeed but I think the 7-11 near Chiang Mai gate deserves a mention. They've got good lighting, and it's very cold inside. I completely agree with the breakfast value for money but the sausages? I'm sorry but I'd have to go with the one of the Puff Pies. What better way to start the day than a processed microwaved bit of food to get the belly churning.

I also defy anyone who challenges either the value or quality of the beloved local 7-11. I love the fact that I can get a good feed for not much money.

To enhance your 7-11 experience may I suggest you get someone to take you on their bike and you eat your 'Pillion Pie' on the way home as a pillion snack, of course, only if you've practiced the art of riding pillion without holding the grab handle, very exhilarating.

Edited by Pillion

I really enjoy the 10B sandwiches. I'm yet to work out what they are, but they taste great. And for a treat, I'll get a sausage toastie, but prefer to toast it at home under the grill than use their machines. 

Their range of quick noodle dishes really is second to none, and clearly a reflection of the culture we live in.

apetley user_popup.png

Posted 34 minutes ago

You talk about 'a true Thai experience' and then go on about microwave sausages and a few croissants.

Your joking right? :blink:

Name me one thing that is more thai than a 7-11, it's as thai as ganger hair. In all my travels i have onlt seen 7-11 in thailand some that means there are thai.

Namboo used to be a toastie fan myself, but why don't they tell you they haven't made them and then start from scratch in front of you. I have places to be. All I can say is keep opening more and more 7-11 and give you

I agree with Krung, toasties are nice but they are for the lucky people with time on their hands. Those of us who are in a rush, a pillion not wanting to keep their lift home waiting for example, just haven't got the time to wait for said toasties.

Microwave food all the way!

My favourite 7-11 is the one near the temple. Let's face it who hasn't indulged their taste buds there from the aforementioned sausages to the unidentifiable packed meat.. I am disappointed though that they no longer serve their masterpiece. The strawberry and cheese toasted sandwich. What a culinary delight. I challenge anyone to find food like that anywhere else in Thailand.

An a different I do find their name confusing as I find the majority of then to be open longer than their name suggests.

Those little sandwiches with wonder bread, baloney and dried, shredded pork with a Singha beer are a healthy way to start the day and about as real Thailand as you can get!

0512-0707-1815-3432.jpg

Your a little upmarket for me UG I'd go for a chang, especially enjoyed sitting on the steps outside so I get a cooling breeze from the air con as the customers go in and out politely stepping over me :D

Sad but true, dining ala 7-11 is a current trend in the culture, otherwise they wouldn't be doing so well, or stocking so much straight-up sawatdee KRAP. You are what you eat, so chemicals and fried things reheated in a microwave you shall be, I suppose. For me I try to stick to healthy choices. I buy either water or Oishi Green Tea, honey roasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or Fish-O. I try to keep the synthetic n fat aspects to the foods to a minimum.

So... probably you could argue with all those seeds, I must be nuts.

7-11 do sell some quick meal and so called food to ease a hungry person ,

but to consider all the great food street store around town . 7-11 become less an option ,

but i do like their Smoke chicken Wing . used to buy it and stock up in my freezer so when i get hungry i just cook some rice and i got a ok meal .

beside that 7-11 is just a need to go basis for bills , and maybe get some softdrink which is totally un healthy -

i had been off softdrink for sometime . and amazing how addictive is pepsi and Coke and i started on Pepsi Zero just a few week ago and it become addictive and stayin goff it for sometime i can feel the crave for it even .. scarey .

so today i am going for some nice thai style cocktail to eas mu crave for pepsi ;)

Those little sandwiches with wonder bread, baloney and dried, shredded pork with a Singha beer are a healthy way to start the day and about as real Thailand as you can get!

0512-0707-1815-3432.jpg

Your a little upmarket for me UG I'd go for a chang, especially enjoyed sitting on the steps outside so I get a cooling breeze from the air con as the customers go in and out politely stepping over me :D

Steps? Please PM the location of that 7/11. I am tired of sitting on the pavement in front of the electric doors to get the air-con. :o

I typically only have lunch and dinner at 7-Eleven.

Here's lunch, a healthy 7ElevenSausageJumboSalad:

1. Order a Footlong Bite Cheese. If they're out of those then a Footlong Bite Spicy is an alternative.

2. Ask them to 'wave' it and cut it.

3. Make sure they put it in the biggest possible plasic bags. Some branches stuff it into a smaller bag; you don't want this.

4. They now hand over the bag to you, proceed to the vegetable & sauces area.

5. Ensure that the mayonnaise bottle is in attendance. If not, ask for it.

6. Add a bit of ketchup, chilli sauce, mustard and plenty mayo.

7. Often they also keep the sour sauce & fried garlic there that's typically used when ordering the dumplings. If these are there you're in luck, add some of the sour stuff and garlic too.

8. Add *ALL* the vergatables. Or as much as you can stuff in that bag anyway: Lettuce, cucumber, tomato and a few chopped onions.

9. Proceed to checkout & pay. 25 baht.

Let me know if anyone wants to know what a 7-Eleven dinner looks like. It's M! M! GOOD!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You're lucky. My local 7-Eleven doesn't have mustard.

#FAIL!!! Find a better Seven! ;) Or speak to the manager.

Personally I don't like it that the Palo Eggs have disappeared from just about all 7-Elevens in Chiang Mai. They're great at preventing / reducing hangovers.

Separate topic: It'd be nice to attempt the most elaborate culinary highlight using ONLY items from 7-Eleven and their microwave. It'd be something like starting out with one of their S&P dishes, the spaghetti perhaps, then adding sliced CP pork sausage, some tomatos and onions, some Cheese Twisty's for crunchiness and then some Kraft cheese on top, and then wave it. Nahh, I'm sure we can do better than that.

Winnie, I had no idea you'd gone that local in all your years here. I both admire you and find you disgusting !

And if you're into the whole pile on the free stuff thing.... it's all about khanom jin. You get your green curry or naam ngiew (yum!) and then pile on the shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, pickled greens, and eat with generous helpings of hand-held tua fak yaows ! Now there's an all-you-can-pile-on-free meal you can feel good about after. One or two bowls... 15-20B each, and I'm full of protein, spices, and fresh n pickled vegetables n feeling good about the choice I made.

7-11 on rajvitti, best in town. sompet is to small and cluttered. Once sat on a rolled up carpet outside sompet and found a bloke sleeping in it. Frightend the living daylights out of me.

Timing is everything. The coffee(best in town) has GOT to be the perfect temprature, JUST as the sun comes up, JUST as your half way through your second marlboro..

Watch the soi dog snap at the ankles of the barefoot novice monk, watch the women sweeping the streets, as you pile up fag butts at your feet(always feel guilty about that). And if yourr eally hungry, a chopped up sausage out of the hot cabinet.

The perfect cultural experience.

My favorite 7-11 is actually in BKK at Thannon Khao San (the huge, well stocked one with the little bakery that also sells freshly made espresso)! You can sit down at one of the tables and drink your coffee and have a freshly baked croissant. They also have about 30 varieties of imported waters for sale.

But seriously, the chicken burgers kai dao for 27 Baht are really good. I was so surprised. The pork burgers with 'rice buns' for 22 Baht are also good.

Yes, the pork burgers with sticky rice buns are really good - especially the spicy pork. The Salabao are particularly good too.

And I do like a 25 baht hot dog with a free truckload of vegies and sauces.

My favourite 7-11 is on Koh Tao - old stock, high prices, small shop, rude staff, 10 meters from the beach!

You talk about 'a true Thai experience' and then go on about microwave sausages and a few croissants.

Your joking right? :blink:

Nothing wrong with bumbling into 7 for some nosh on occasion, and it is the quintessential Thai experience of today... can't be beat on consistency and tip-top air-conditioning. One doesn't have to sweat it and endure dodgy padthai street food just for the sake of staying true to Thai culture of old. :rolleyes:

My favourite is the pizza/cheese toastie for 22 baht... they have 5 or 6 different types, including tuna. Away from the supermarkets, 7 is also about the only place that'll do Tiger, and at a proper (frigid) temp. The one a few clicks from Mae Jo at the fuel station is pretty good, although of course no beer there. ;) Have a smart cafe next door though and ATMs galore.

I too am shocked and amazed by those who breakfast at Chez 7-11 and do not start out the day by eating health-giving foods. Beer? No! Get a healthy start to the day (unless you are pulling a plow that day).

In one way or another customers can purchase a good instant coffee already mixed with ersatz cream and gobs of sugar. Match these with quick-energy giving sugar cookies and you are good to go.

Thaddeus that is too bad, but i have heard on a 7-11 forum, that if there is enough demand they will start doing a delivery service just as KFC & McDonalds have done now.

I also found a solution when i was staying up in the mountains for a few weeks. Get up early and give the money to the monks who are going into town. The next day you get your supplies and you have made a bit of merit for your next life. Only problem is they are unable to buy LM blue cigarettes, which Thai shops seem to refuse to sell, is that blatant racism or what??????

1. Order a Footlong Bite Cheese. If they're out of those then a Footlong Bite Spicy is an alternative.

3. Make sure they put it in the biggest possible plasic bags. Some branches stuff it into a smaller bag; you don't want this.

7. Often they also keep the sour sauce & fried garlic there that's typically used when ordering the dumplings. If these are there you're in luck, add some of the sour stuff and garlic too.

8. Add *ALL* the vergatables. Or as much as you can stuff in that bag anyway: Lettuce, cucumber, tomato and a few chopped onions.

9. Proceed to checkout & pay. 25 baht.

Let me know if anyone wants to know what a 7-Eleven dinner looks like. It's M! M! GOOD!

What a sad life you have,

1. Order a Footlong Bite Cheese.  If they're out of those then a Footlong Bite Spicy is an alternative.

3. Make sure they put it in the biggest possible plasic bags.  Some branches stuff it into a smaller bag; you don't want this.

7. Often they also keep the sour sauce & fried garlic there that's typically used when ordering the dumplings.  If these are there you're in luck, add some of the sour stuff and garlic too.

9. Proceed to checkout & pay.   25 baht.

Let me know if anyone wants to know what a 7-Eleven dinner looks like.   It's  M! M! GOOD!

What a sad life you have,

I think we just had a 'woosh' moment.