Hotels Near Bumrungrad

Weedhopper

Does anyone know of any hotels near Bumrungrad Hospital that are easily accessible for a disabled person.I'm going there for surgery and need to find a hotel close by.As for easily accessible I mean not having to climb a lot of stairs to get inside.I walk with 2 canes and it takes forever to get up a flight of stairs. The less stairs the better. Thanks in advance

Bumrungrad has short-term serviced apartments that are physically connected to the main hospital buildings by an interior footbridge, with wheelchair ramps etc. They're actually on soi 1 (behind the hospital), which is much quieter than soi 3. I think they're run as a separate business, but I'm sure if you call the hospital reception they'll give you details.

Pretty much every building in Bangkok has elevators. The killer for you would be the high kerbs and crazy sidewalks, and unfortunately the area around Bumrungrad is a particular mess in this respect.

Bumrungrad has short-term serviced apartments that are physically connected to the main hospital buildings by an interior footbridge, with wheelchair ramps etc. They're actually on soi 1 (behind the hospital), which is much quieter than soi 3. I think they're run as a separate business, but I'm sure if you call the hospital reception they'll give you details.

Difficult to get a reservation at these apartments - I enquired last week, and they were fully booked for the next month. They suggested we try the Sara Hotel next door, which is OK - 1300 a night, I think (wife is in charge!). The hotel has an elevator, and from the reception you have to cross a small soi with little traffice, and walk up perhaps 4 or 5 steps to get to the hospital entrance. PM me if you want me to get the hotel details for you.

The Nana's only a stones throw away. I've recuperated there a few times. Mind you I've got sick there a few times too :o

swallowed a condom ??? :D

:D:D

Nana Hotel is a sleaze pit......The feel and atmosphere at the breakfast buffet, is like you woke up and went for breakfast in H3LL....The rooms probably have not been redecorated since the Bee Gees were number 1 on the charts....

On soi 1, there is the Holiday Palace with swimming pool and another one at around 500 baht a night about 100 meters down the soi from Sukhumvit, there is a german restaurant downstairs...Not fancy but clean and good location, right next to the soi 1 entrance to Bumrungrad....quiet soi!

Edited by pluto_manibo

Does anyone know of any hotels near Bumrungrad Hospital that are easily accessible for a disabled person.I'm going there for surgery and need to find a hotel close by.As for easily accessible I mean not having to climb a lot of stairs to get inside.I walk with 2 canes and it takes forever to get  up a flight of stairs. The less stairs the better. Thanks in advance

http://www.mikebangkok.com/

This is probably the closest hotel to Bumrungrad Hospital, 1 minute walk to the western gate (soi nana) of the hospital. Looks like a budget inn.

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/ZenithHotelBangkok.shtml

This one about 3 minutes walk to the same gate of the hospital.

Difficult to get a reservation at these apartments - I enquired last week, and they were fully booked for the next month. They suggested we try the Sara Hotel next door, which is OK - 1300 a night, I think (wife is in charge!). The hotel has an elevator, and from the reception you have to cross a small soi with little traffice, and walk up perhaps 4 or 5 steps to get to the hospital entrance. PM me if you want me to get the hotel details for you.

I stayed in the Sara, which I thought was very good, especially the service - 1000 Baht.

I know from researching the net that there are plenty of hotels in the area.

I hope it is OK to link to another website here, I found these maps useful. Clicking on a section gives a more detailed map showing all the hotels, though I am not certain that it is 100% current. From other maps I have seen, the Sukhumvit area is not too far from the hospital. (I am going over to get consultation for cosmetic surgery myself, that's how I know.)

http://www.hoteltravel.com/thailand/bangkok/maps.htm

Surely such an expensive Hospital has various types of Rooms available for Patients and their helpers to stay in?

There is another Bumrungrad Hospital near Ramkhamhaeng University

There are other High Grade Private Hospitals which DO have Private Rooms:

Latprao General Hospital

Ramkhamhaeng Hospital

I have had good Prompt Treatments in both these.

I was recently accomodated Overnight in

Ramkhamhaeng Hospital - Private Room Bht 1.800 for me & my helper.

There are Cheaper Rooms

• 3 years later...

Please try Ariyasomvilla - a small 24 room Boutique Hotel set in tropical gardens - Vegetarian and Seafood Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Spa, Library and Meditation Hall. Have daily, weekly and monthly rates - contact website - www.ariyasom.com. or [email protected] - Handicap access to all areas - lift to all floors.

The Nana is one of the original co-ed hotels, along with the Grace, when hotels were few enough to remember all the names and locations. Those days are long gone but the Nana continues in infamy. :)

Lop

Another one hanging on is the Golden Palace on Soi 1 Sukumvit. First stayed there when it was about baht 50-60 a night. Did a month once at baht 70. Four months at the ripoff rate of baht 90, then they started to really raise the price. Now it's baht 1,100!!

Coffee shop OK, and a small pool.

Mac

Have stayed at BH Residence several times. You can't beat it for convienence. You never have to go outside to get to the hospital and the rates were very reasonable. You do need a hospital number to get a good price, if you don't have a number the appointment will suffice. You can get Studio, one BR or 2Br apartments. They all have a small kitchen and there is a small 7-11 type store on the ground floor.They also have a few noodle vendors etc. on the street. They aren't plush but they are clean and convenient.

Easiest way to contact them is by email, they have always responded quickly and never requested CC info if you have appointment.

[email protected]

good Luck

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know of any hotels near Bumrungrad Hospital that are easily accessible for a disabled person.I'm going there for surgery and need to find a hotel close by.As for easily accessible I mean not having to climb a lot of stairs to get inside.I walk with 2 canes and it takes forever to get up a flight of stairs. The less stairs the better. Thanks in advance

Hello, Sawadee ka, grreting from bangkok

Sorry for the delay of this rep,y ; however , hope it can give you some idea

Bumrungrad is on Sukhumvit 3 and there is a hotel call Zenith Sukhumvit Hotel located next to the hospital. It's take you 5 minuste walking distance and the hotel has full function 4 stars....

you can check them out www.zenith-hotel.com

post-92374-1254196971_thumb.jpg

Have stayed at BH Residence several times. You can't beat it for convienence. You never have to go outside to get to the hospital and the rates were very reasonable. You do need a hospital number to get a good price, if you don't have a number the appointment will suffice. You can get Studio, one BR or 2Br apartments. They all have a small kitchen and there is a small 7-11 type store on the ground floor.They also have a few noodle vendors etc. on the street. They aren't plush but they are clean and convenient.

Easiest way to contact them is by email, they have always responded quickly and never requested CC info if you have appointment.

[email protected]

good Luck

I agree. I stayed at BH Residence in February.

Also, the walkway connecting to the hospital/clinics leads directly to a great food court. Plus an Indian restaurant on the ground floor. Plus food delivery service if you prefer.

Wheelchair assistance upon request.