Hundreds Of Flood Victims In Thailand Battling Suicidal Tendencies

webfact

Like Yon, Loy had seriously thought about taking her life when a psychiatric team came along.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-10-29

wow. Those darn psychiatric teams are making them folks suicidal (according to how this was written).

Time and again I'm reminded why I never consider subscribing to the Nation. Especially that time they started charging for their online reports. What a laugh.

I think the Nation writer's English may be better than yours- 'Loy had seriously thought...' uses the Past Perfect Tense- the past before the past- whilst 'a psychiatric team came alone' is in the Past Simple (the more recent past here). These tenses clearly show she had considered suicide before the shrinks arrived.

I think I would be suicidal also if I had to deal with corrupt,cheating governments, poor prices for my hard labour then to be wiped out with no insurance and still be expected to supply the lazy fat cats in Bangkok with rice...Shame on all you supposide Hi_So's that just sit around on you ever fattening asses and sip coffee at Starbucks pondering which handbag should you buy to match your new shoes..:(

Let's go shopping at Gaysorn today. I really miss it when it was shut in by those poor and dirty rural red. ;)

please don't use my quote when you go off on your normal red shirt propaganda exercise, any person with any semblance on brain matter knows what happens in the "big end" of town and also what happens "up country", YOU always try to politicize everything in your posts, yes we all get it YOU DON'T LIKE RED SHIRTS but red, yellow or black has nothing to do with what is happening to these poorest or poor people. hang your head in shame Miss

People dying loosing there life savings loosing there means of support all because of natural disasters and you take it as a chance to push your red shirt ideas. Shame on you go back to where ever you come from your type is not needed.