Maradona

Jockstar

DIEGO MARADONA

Maradona reveals desire to manage in the Premier League

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Diego Maradona says he would like to manage in the Premier League, and would accept a job offer at a top club.

GettyImages

Diego Maradona is keen to manage in England.

Maradona, who took Argentina to the World Cup quarter-finals in South Africa, has been linked with a number of positions in recent months, including the previously vacant Aston Villa job.

"Yes, I would like to manage in the Premier League," he told Sky Sports News. "It has very good teams, an exceptional level and great players.

"The only problem is all the teams I like in England have good coaches. If any important job comes along I will accept it."

But despite being heavily linked with Aston Villa, Maradona maintains that he had no contact with them for a position that was eventually filled by Gerard Houllier.

"I want to make it clear that I didn't offer myself for any job, nor did anyone offer me anything," he said.

"But I know I will go back with the national team some day, that is my fate. I'm waiting."

Despite his desire to manage in England, Maradona is still bitter about the manner of his exit from the Argentina job.

"They took away the national team from me unfairly," he said.

"I don't want to talk about it, it doesn't deserve any words. I am in too good a mood to talk about people who don't deserve my words. But I do miss the national team."

Man's a tosser. Anyone who invites him and his circus through their doors will end up getting dragged down into his messed-up depressing world.

Well said he strikes me as if he thinks he is god not only his hand and he in his own words hates the English, must be running short of readies!