Rules In The Consideration Of Alien Applications For Temporary Stay In The Kingdom Of Thailand According To Clause 2 Of The Order Of The Royal Thai Po

I have started a thread and am contributing to the thread below.

Rules in the Consideration of Alien Applications for Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand according to clause 2 of the order of the Royal Thai Police Headquarters no. 777/2551 dated on 25 November B.E.2551

http://www.thaivisa....-visa-uk-based/

Essentially I am looking for a 10m THB investment visa based on a condominium purchase. I know more of you guys on this thread than other threads.

And this is what I am going for:

(3) Proof of investment to purchase or rent for a period not less than 3 years of unit in a condominium from an agency or government agency concerned at a price of not less than 10 million baht.

Bearing in mind the mods have helped me on the main thread - no one has come forward and said I have done this.

Has anyone?

policy777-2551_en.pdf

Edited by pkrv

The lack of responses is telling. I do remember a while ago someone asking about the investment visa. At that time I thought the investment visa was gone. Evidently it was reintroduced but at 10 million baht instead of 3 million baht. I don't know if the poster ever got one or not.

Although I have not contributed to the other thread I have been following it. To be honest very few people are likely to be in a position to even pursue this type of visa. It isn't even because of the relatively large investment required but because most people that could even be in a position to get this visa are most likely already able to obtain some other visa such as via marriage, retirement, or work.

As a comment on your specific situation, my guess is that you will be ineligible for this investment visa because I believe the Thai government will claim that your investment is determined by the amount you brought into the country at the time you brought it in - not how much that investment is worth today. Also your investment was a shared investment between you and your partner meaning that I believe they will claim that your investment was 7 million baht and your partner's investment was 7 million baht. Of course I could be wrong but that is how I believe the Thai government will interpret your situation.

Let us know how it goes. As for me, I am most likely to go the retirement visa route.

donx,

I went for the married to a Thai route, 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account method.

I remember a few years ago considering the 10 million baht investment option, but declined for the following reasons,

at the time the money had to be tied up in Thai stocks and or bonds, I wasnt prepared to lose control of managing my money,

I would have been required to apply every year for an extension and prove the money was still held in Thai bonds,

still required to do 90 day reporting.

I could see no advantage to going for this type of visa, as for me personally it had no advantage.

Horses for courses as they say.

The best option for the op may well be to visit immigration at Chaeng Wattana as they are the ones who will issue any visa extension.

I remember going to the old immigration building at Suan Plu, I was directed upstairs to either room 201 or 301, sorry cant remember which one,

however the same people and office will now be in the new building.

Hi donx,

Yes I have noted the alternative strategies OAP now PK 51 and the other - RV 45 under 10m investment visa..

As you say no one is responding to even a simple 10m investment visa option.

Let us see - Thailand's ' cut of their jib'

14min invested now 20-25m

Who can tell

Edited by pkrv

donx,

I went for the married to a Thai route, 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account method.

I remember a few years ago considering the 10 million baht investment option, but declined for the following reasons,

at the time the money had to be tied up in Thai stocks and or bonds, I wasnt prepared to lose control of managing my money,

I would have been required to apply every year for an extension and prove the money was still held in Thai bonds,

still required to do 90 day reporting.

I could see no advantage to going for this type of visa, as for me personally it had no advantage.

Horses for courses as they say.

The best option for the op may well be to visit immigration at Chaeng Wattana as they are the ones who will issue any visa extension.

I remember going to the old immigration building at Suan Plu, I was directed upstairs to either room 201 or 301, sorry cant remember which one,

however the same people and office will now be in the new building.

Hi 'rgs2001uk' - Thank you very much for the post - We have not communicated before - your news that 90 day reporting may still be required is not good news at all (boring) - If this is the case I would suspect it would be showing the Chanott ti din to prove we still had the condominium.

Err.... the Thai Department of Land have this on offical record.

I don't really know what will happen.... pending I will get back.