Bangkok Bank

After visiting my local branch today to get a new ATM card, I was informed I would have to travel to Bangkok (from Chiang Mai) where I opened the account, this answer displeased me very much, thinking of the banks back home where a new ATM card could be couriered to any branch I choose I thought what a Dinosaur this bank is, how can they not even have a interbank satchel to accommodate such things.

With her negative answer I said well just close the account and I will change to another bank, when she started filling out the form to close the account I questioned why can you close an account that is not under the control of your branch but you can't issue a new ATM card? Of course she just smiled, I just shook my head. TIT

I am happy with the service I get at K Bank and how they are so willing to assist, I can't say that much for Thailand's biggest Dinosaur Bangkok Bank.

Know what you mean..........

I opened my account with K-bank at one particular branch in Pattaya

and when,at another branch,I tried to change some of my details (password etc.) I was told that I must go back to the branch where originally opened the account !!

It was not a problem so I did it,but it was, in my opinion,an unnecessary imposition.

I Know the feeling, only yesterday I needed 6 months statements, was turned away and had to go to branch holding the account, and bangkok bank said i could have "statements" in 3-5 days!!! SCB gave the statements on the spot for 100 baht.

I reckon SCB is also that way. For example usually to get your bank letter for immigration you need to go to home branch that opened your account.

That appears not to be the case in regard to Bangkok Bank, for several years now I go to a newer bbk bank branch that opened closer to my home and I get there anything that I need ... i.e. annual immigration letter, renewal of account booklets, (when full) a bankers draft (the so called cashier's check) and any other banking requests.

I get my account statements every month from the original branch that holds my accounts, although I have not visited that branch for years.

"usually to get your bank letter for immigration you need to go to home branch that opened your account."

The home branch for my SCB account is Pattaya -- I was able to get my last two immigration letters from their Jomtien branch.

Maybe it has changed, but until Thai Immigration changed the areas you had to apply for extensions I always used to get my letter from Bangkok Bank main office in Silom and then around to Suan Plu.

My accounts are in Si Thep - Petchabun province.

BKK used to have a special counter for such letters, 100 Baht for the service.