Where Are The Tuk Tuk Parts Shops In Bkk ?

BKKdreaming

Probably the auto section in China town. There are great finds there if you aren't afraid to poke around. But as said, I would just ask a Tuk Tuk driver.

I have been in that area too many times and never found TuKTuk shops,

I am sure there is an area , just like there is for everything in BKK , just need to find it

And I would rather not get the BKK scenic tour from a tukTuk driver

thanks for the info

bk

I'm not sure they actually have shops as such, but I remember cycling past what looked like a major tuk-tuk repair centre (i.e. large lean-to covered area full of tuk-tuks in various stets of (dis)repair).

IIRC it was somewhere deep in the back streets in the vicinity of Wat Tammongkorn, Phra Khanong (the district not the BTS station)

I suspect they buy the decorative stuff in one of the many parts shops that are everywhere, but there is a concentration of them round City Hall and the Big Swing, and get them fitted in by local back-street mechanics.

K.

Edited by phaethon

• 1 year later...

Best I can do to start you off other than ask a Tuk Tuk driver is a shop near Rhrakanong BTS take exit 4 and walk between Soi 44/1 and 44 there is a shop that specializes in Daihatsu Tuk Tuk but they have round lights, mirrors etc.

If they don't have they will know. Take some pictures with you.