Fishing In Pattaya

Charley

Anyone know the cost of chartering a boat in Pattaya

Can these boat people be trusted

or can you recommend anyone in particular

I've never tried chartering a boat before, but I stumbled across this while surfing the Baht & Sold website:

Boat for Hire

This seems to be pretty expensive (12,000 baht for about 9 hours, or 24,000 for a 24 hour period), but it's designed for large groups, not individuals (poor ones at least !)

I did a quick Google on the subject, and the website above was the first hit, funny enough. Not too many links directly to sites that charter boats though. This site is primarily for scuba:

PJ Scuba

That's all I've come up with on a quick search. Good luck.

Have a word with the guys at the Shamrock bar on soi pattayaland 2 they are well known for deep sea fishing

If you see cameron at the Shamrock and ask him about Captain DAN he is the one regularly used by the Shamrock and his boat is about 8000 bhat for the day including live bait, if Cameron can arrange it for about eight people and that is an ideal number for the boat. Leave about 7am get back to second pier about 6pm

Happy Fishing :o

PJ Scuba is anyway a nice guy, worth to contact him.

I would like to know if it is possible to rent a fisherman+his boat. That might be not so comfortable, but should be very cheap, has someone experience?

Anyone know the cost of chartering a boat in Pattaya

Can these boat people be trusted

or can you recommend anyone in particular

I've never tried chartering a boat before, but I stumbled across this while surfing the Baht & Sold website:

Boat for Hire

This seems to be pretty expensive (12,000 baht for about 9 hours, or 24,000 for a 24 hour period), but it's designed for large groups, not individuals (poor ones at least !)

I did a quick Google on the subject, and the website above was the first hit, funny enough. Not too many links directly to sites that charter boats though. This site is primarily for scuba:

PJ Scuba

That's all I've come up with on a quick search. Good luck.

Have a word with the guys at the Shamrock bar on soi pattayaland 2 they are well known for deep sea fishing

If you see cameron at the Shamrock and ask him about Captain DAN he is the one regularly used by the Shamrock and his boat is about 8000 bhat for the day including live bait, if Cameron can arrange it for about eight people and that is an ideal number for the boat. Leave about 7am get back to second pier about 6pm

Happy Fishing :o

I thought it was Captain Daeng... as in red? :D

If it is the same guy I know, he's a very good operator... knows the best places and considers all variables before setting out...(wind, swell, moon, tides etc).

I'd highly recommend him and his boat and crew.

:D

In general, what's fishing like in the gulf? And what is there to catch?

cv

It's not too bad cdnvic... you've got to go a fair way out of Pattaya to get anything decent though... I like the islands off Sattahip best... plenty of good sized snapper to be found there. :D

The only problem is the Thai crews mentality of keeping everything that is caught... regardless of size... even the tiny fish are good for soup apparently... :o

In general, what's fishing like in the gulf? And what is there to catch?

cv

Im not really a fisherman , but i recently went out with a group on a big boat out past Ko Larn and they all caught plenty of fish, but nothing bigger than about 6 inches in size.

Handy if the aquarium needs filling. :o

There's some trevally out there isn't there? They're a beaut on light gear.

cv