Multiple Non Immigrant O

My wife is thai, and when I go normally I'm granted a multiple non immigrant O.

I never did, but I read somewhere that I should report to the nearest immigration office within 24 hours, is that true?

This year I would like also to apply for a thai driving license, and if I correctly understand I should get from the immigration office the proof of residence, so I guess I'd better report immediately . I don't know if in the end I will do the thai driving license , because I'm disabled and I don't know if it would be easy for me, if it were in Bangkok probably they know better, but I'm in Phuket and I'm afraid they wouldn't know exactly the procedure for a foreign disabled...

Hi

Regarding Thai driving Licence - even after 13 years visiting Thialand and about 3 years living here but with frequent visits out for firends etc im still finding my way around

Anyway Thai driving licence is quite easy if you already have an international driving licence - first it depends on weather like me you have a retirement visa or a work permit. You need

- medical certificate witihn 1 month of applying

- international driving licence

- work permit or letter form your embassy confirming you live in Thialand

About the letter form embassy - i wondered how they owuld know since i have never bothered to register but have a condo and a house up north (differnet story) - anyway im british and the Brisitish embassy gavem e aletter that really meant nothing but satisfied the Thai driving licence people - it just said i was Bristish and had told them i lived here - i would have tohught my utility bills for 2-3 years would have done - but that beurocracy

So i went with my international driving licence, my medical , my letter from embassy - fine just take na eye test and thats it - word of worning aoouyt eye test (but u can discover that for yourself and im sure it depends on which office you go)

So no problem except you get a licence for 1 year then have ot go back after 1 year to renew to a 5 yearl icence

hope thats been useful

I have a non-immigrant O with permission to stay for one year >When it is granted at Pattaya Immigration you go to another desk and they give you a slip of paper in your passport telling you to report your address in 90 days.

If you exit the country and return then you get another 90 days from when you arrive.

In Pattay you go and fill in a simple form stating your address and they re-new the slip. Once after re-entering Thailand I threw the old slip away and got a mild reprimand.

I understand that many local Police Immigration offices will accept notification by post or by another person if you have signed the form.

I have never heard of a requirement tp report to the local office within 24 hours.