Investing In Set. How And Is There A Capital Gain Tax?

I am searching also. I am considering filling out SCB's long/complicated form. I'll stay invested in the Aussie market until I can find a worthy online Thai broker.

You can always invest in Aussien countries from US or Europe with a reliable and trustworthy broker which I highly recommend instead of investing from Thailand

I am searching also. I am considering filling out SCB's long/complicated form. I'll stay invested in the Aussie market until I can find a worthy online Thai broker.

You can always invest in Aussien countries from US or Europe with a reliable and trustworthy broker which I highly recommend instead of investing from Thailand

I am in Australia, owning Aussie shares with an Aussie broker. I want to buy Thai shares with a Thai broker. Aussie brokers want to charge me 3000 baht per transaction for Thai shares.

None of the banks handle securities directly, they are handled via security company subsidiaries. Bangkok Bank's capital markets arm is Bualuang Securities - they are a publicly listed company. What the banks will do is refer you to their securities company - that way your savings (i.e. trading) account is verified for the securities company, the KYC is done by the bank and the securities company opens us your trading a/c based on the bank's referral. Hence, you can go to one of the larger BBL branches and ask them for their Introducing Agent service which will put you in touch with BLS.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Investments%20and%20Fixed/Introducing%20Agent%20Service/Pages/default.aspx

Capital gains tax is not currently charged, although there has been some political chatter about it, no action seen yet.

You can also trade ETF's and closed end funds based on the SET that trade on all major exchanges at a very low cost using a brokerage account in your home country.

You'll only have to pay a capital gains tax if you sell at a profit.