Wedding Rings

Nepal4me

Hi, any comments on where to buy wedding rings here in BKK?  Obviously I would like to buy somewhere where I won't be ripped off.  I know as much about jewelry as I know about other things I know nothing about.

most shopping malls have jewelery shops that can be trusted, the best deals are generally in china town, however, the designs available are limited

My wife designed ours, and ordered it directly from the "factory". Almost all her family members work with "Beauty Gem" a very good and famous exporter of jewelry. Employees get a discount and are encouraged to sell to friends and family. It saved us a good 30% of the normal retail price. Quality is very good, and because my wife does the diamond selection herself we are assured no low quality stones were used. Now 3 years later it still in very good condition. I visited Chinatwon also, but because there are so many it is very difficult to find out if they are any good.

If you have friends they probably can refer you to someone (or shop)trustworthy. Double check and ask for certificates if you use valuable stones.

If you are talking pure gold ring then the gold shops are the best option.

If you want something with gems, then PM me and I will give you the name of a reliable American in Bangkok who will give your good quality without ripping you off.

I cannot give the details here, without breaching forum rules.

If you are talking pure gold ring then the gold shops are the best option.

If you want something with gems, then PM me and I will give you the name of a reliable American in Bangkok who will give your good quality without ripping you off.

I cannot give the details here, without breaching forum rules.

a reliable american : i hope thats not theone we heard of a week or two ago!.

ok ive been in the jewellery trade for years & if you are looking for stone ( a wedding ring has none!) rings direct from a top class factory send me a pm

I guess I should have been more specific, sorry about that. I'm looking for a wedding ring but my wife doesn't like gold, thinks it looks tacky. When we were dating, I bought his a gold neckless and she didn't like it, we returned it and bought a silver neckless with a diamond. Now that we're married, (yes, we're married already and don't have rings yet) pregnant too!! but that's another story. Anyway, she wants a ring that isn't gaudy, something small and not showy. Ideally she would like the ring itself to be something other than gold, maybe white gold??? I know nothing about jewelry and some kind of a stone that wouldn't be too overt and obvious. I'll get myself a ring too, something along the lines of what she's getting, something simple.

I guess I should have been more specific, sorry about that.  I'm looking for a wedding ring but my wife doesn't like gold, thinks it looks tacky.  When we were dating, I bought his a gold neckless and she didn't like it, we returned it and bought a silver neckless with a diamond.  Now that we're married, (yes, we're married already and don't have rings yet) pregnant too!! but that's another story. Anyway, she wants a ring that isn't gaudy, something small and not showy.  Ideally she would like the ring itself to be something other than gold, maybe white gold???  I know nothing about jewelry and some kind of a stone that wouldn't be too overt and obvious.  I'll get myself a ring too, something along the lines of what she's getting, something simple.

khaosan is good for silver as you get all the european designs there. also there are many silver stalls in shopping malls .the wholesale price is about 12-18 baht a gramme

silver cheap enough not to really worry about being ripped off. but if you find a silver ring you want made in gold then you have cost of gold, mould ( not more than 500 bt) plus for making.

Without really knowing anything about stones, I would cast my vote for a place called "Nole" in World Trade Center (3rd or 4th floor). It is run by an elderly chinese couple and their children and if the stones are really the purity/color the certificates say, they are dirt cheap.

I am not an expert so I can only guess, but my wife have a bunch of stuff (rings, earrings etc) we bought there and unlike other diamonds from Emporium etc, these look clean under various light sources. The only apparent ripoff she has is a ring I bought for her at a shop in Emporium - in UV light it is very obvious that this is a dirty stone. The Nole stuff on the other hand looks clean under UV light as well as normal daylight.

Hi, any comments on where to buy wedding rings here in BKK?  Obviously I would like to buy somewhere where I won't be ripped off.  I know as much about jewelry as I know about other things I know nothing about.

A friend of my wife made ours. It's 22K which is higher than the 18K typically used in the States, but harder than some of the near 24K they have in Thailand. In any case, I think the 22K is still too soft (lots of little dings and scratches already), and it probably would have been better going for 18K.