Forum Search Function

macsurf

Click on "Forums" instead - then you get a broader match.

I don't want a broader match, I live in Chiang Mai. That's the whole point.

And btw, just tried "Forums" that did'nt work either. Blank.

Edited by macsurf

I am with you every once in a while it puts me into some other forum and it is a h__ll of a time to get to the Chiang Mai forum. I think they are having major problems. The national forum was down for darn near a day for maintenance. I thought maintenance was some thing you could do while it was running.

Go to the top of any page and find Forums. Select Forum Search from the drop down menu there.

part1b.jpg

At Forum Search, enter your search item, eg. motorbike, and select which forum you wish to search, eg. Chiang Mai Forum. (The default is to search all forums).

Select Display Results as posts if you wish. (The default is as a topic list).

part2tq.jpg

When I did that (and this is how I do 99% of my searches on the forum), the result was over 1,000 posts in Chiang Mai forum for "motorbike." Adding additional words will lower your results and fine tune your search specifics:

part3o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Until we have fixed it please use the Google search box at bottom of every forum page [site search]

Although this works it doesn't give the options of which forum to search in or for author so displays ALL results which are tiresome to go through.

The Search problem is still not fixed but is only a problem for me in IE8, it works fine in Firefox.

• 2 weeks later...

Until we have fixed it please use the Google search box at bottom of every forum page [site search]

Yes that's a great tip, i can use the search option again :) ...the search box on the top right corner is still not working, here are the error details again, thanks:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)

Timestamp: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:51:15 UTC

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

Line: 0

Char: 0

Code: 0

URI: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a number of unresolved issues since the changeover in July(?) that the board can't seem to resolve.

Besides having the search problem I still can't stay signed in for more than 2 days.

The new Search function is in my opinion, very poor now. The old one (before the change over) worked much better.

Something to be said for 'if it ain't broke...don't try & fix it.

There seems to be a number of unresolved issues since the changeover in July(?) that the board can't seem to resolve.

Besides having the search problem I still can't stay signed in for more than 2 days.

The new Search function is in my opinion, very poor now. The old one (before the change over) worked much better.

Can you give an example of a a search phrase, or several, that doesn't generate the correct results?

Can you give an example of a a search phrase, or several, that doesn't generate the correct results?

Well the main problem is the block on having keywords with 3 characters or less. The search doesn't allow these. Therefore trying to search for topics subjecting the '150 bt atm fee' for example, become impossible.