No More Microsoft Xp Updates

marquess

you guys have bought low priced , illegal fraudulent copies of windows , in order to save money , and now you are expecting the company to provide you thieving bastxrds with free downloads and updates.

pathetic.

pay up or log off.

:o

I also don't really get it...it's like you steel a car and then you complain that you don't get a free refuel? Even though lots of people in Thailand use pirated software, it doesn't mean it's legal!

If you want to save money, go linux!

Edited by raro

Well, in my case I am just trying to get my legal/licenced Windows XP back on my laptop after some stupid repairman "repaired" my crashed laptop by simply wiping out the harddrive and re-installing a non-licenced version. Dammit... Cheers!

Well, in my case I am just trying to get my legal/licenced Windows XP back on my laptop after some stupid repairman "repaired" my crashed laptop by simply wiping out the harddrive and re-installing a non-licenced version. Dammit... Cheers!

hi'

so just do as I said, as you have a valid license key.

make a search about keyfinder, and follow steps as described before.

don't forget to delete the last bits of the license key in the registry before to do anything.

you'll have to enter your key in the keyfinder window and apply it :o

francois

you guys have bought low priced , illegal fraudulent copies of windows , in order to save money , and now you are expecting the company to provide you thieving bastxrds  with free downloads and updates.

pathetic.

pay up or log off.

:D

The number of Windows users who use a pirate copy and complain about "Windoze" and "M$" (how witty of you) never ceases to amuse me.

Bugger off, stop compaining and use Linux then if it suits you better.

you guys have bought low priced , illegal fraudulent copies of windows , in order to save money , and now you are expecting the company to provide you thieving bastxrds  with free downloads and updates.

pathetic.

pay up or log off.

The number of Windows users who use a pirate copy and complain about "Windoze" and "M$" (how witty of you) never ceases to amuse me.

hmm,

quite true, but :o not everyone have the skills to enter the linux world, just to be a bit realistic :D

I run linux from 1995 :D but windows too and for longer than linux.. :D

I need it for the compatibility with my customers ... and Linux is like a lab for me, it's on a second machine and I will never try to push anyone before they ask for ... "can we have a look?"

most of the time, I give a live-cd for them to discover and then they choose by themselves, I'm aways here to give a hand :D

Linux users have to stop to bash windows users ...

most of them don't even know they have a choice ... and windoze is a reference for them, don't blame them for this ... it's only marketing :D

linux users are still in minority and this for still very long ... :D

stay cool :D

francois

hmm,

quite true, but :o not everyone have the skills to enter the linux world, just to be a bit realistic

francois, do not make it more complicated as it is. Linux is very well suitable for > 90 % of the current windose users, except a few which use special apps or exotic hardware. I have some really computer illiterate people running on Linux, they do their email (kmail), their web browsing (konqueror / Firefox), and their writing (Open office) with it. Works fine. Now they start to laugh about their friends paying loads of money for Windose software, and running to get their Virus software updated every week. And these are "less than average" users!

Of course I did not give them a more difficult Linux such as Fedora or Gentoo or another Linux which is more for the geeks, but a more complete distro such as SuSE.

And then there is also Linspire, the former Lindows. Now this is easier than Windose, no question. This you can give grandma and grandpa!

At the same time there is room for the ones playing with it, like you and me, compiling and tuning kernels etc.

But it is simply not true anymore that Linux needs more skills than windows. Linux with KDE and / or Gnome did go a long long way in the last years. It is different, and it will stay different, in the meaning of better, and you can have all flavors now, the easy one for grandma and the geeky one for, well, you and me :D

I run linux from 1995 :D but windows too and for longer than linux..

I need it for the compatibility with my customers ... and Linux is like a lab for me, it's on a second machine and I will never try to push anyone before they ask for ... "can we have a look?"

most of the time, I give a live-cd for them to discover and then they choose by themselves, I'm aways here to give a hand

Linux users have to stop to bash windows users ...

most of them don't even know they have a choice ... and windoze is a reference for them, don't blame them for this ... it's only marketing

linux users are still in minority and this for still very long ...

It does not matter at all if there are many or very many, or even the majority using Linux. There are enough already to keep it alive and booming, and the Linux users happy. :D

hi'

I undestand your point, I'm in fact very close to this, but reality for me is a bit different ...

when I am asked to get a PC for a customer, 3 choices, I build it and the customer choose with me every single part of it, here I can say try Linux with pleasure, except if the customer wants windows(90%) ...

if I order already built, choice again but 90% of the people choose windows coz of previous use and not ready to change :D

if I order a brand name(mainly Dell), I can't ask for Linux :D

they just told me: NO! ... :o:D

I try to offer a try, as I said using a live cd, many are pleased :D

but many say it's nice but why change, I'm so used to windows ...

it's not easy to convince people who already bought an expensive license for their OS.

you're right, linux users are happy, and it could be for anyone, newbies and geeks, what I wanted to mean is it's not ready commercialy, the communication is poor, and the spreading slow ...

but! Linux users have an absolute advantage ... time vs money :D

francois

ps: btw , running Suse 9.3, and happy :D

tested mandriva 2005, very nice :D

Edited by francois

pathetic.

pay up or log off.

I dont expect Micromuppets to supply me with anything,If the products they released werent so buggy and corruptable in the first place I think most people would pay for the originals

pathetic.

pay up or log off.

Not when it's a racket and you are paying a "tax" to MS, not a license. Buying an illegal copy is a duty in this case.

I am not paying for betas because this is all what you are paying for at the end. Let the suckers and corporation do that.

Not when it's a racket and you are paying a "tax" to MS, not a license. Buying an illegal copy is a duty in this case.

I am not paying for betas because this is all what you are paying for at the end. Let the suckers and corporation do that.

its not that i dont see your point , but there are alternatives to using windows.

i see nothing wrong with corporations making huge profits.

market forces and all that.

they took the risks years ago and now they are reaping the rewards.

for those who disagree with the microsoft philosophy , there are other , and according to some people , better operating systems.

but to use illegal copies , and then whinge that upgrades have become unobtainable , as some are doing , seems unreasonable.

its not that i dont see your point , but there are alternatives to using windows.

for those who disagree with the microsoft philosophy , there are other , and according to some people , better operating systems.

but to use illegal copies , and then whinge that upgrades have become unobtainable , as some are doing , seems unreasonable.

You know as much as I do that Linux is NOT a desktop platform despite numerous tries. And it's also not pratical to operate a business without MS Windows. I love Linux and that's all we have for our servers, but MS has an edge in terms of design, usability and efficiency for the Windows Interface. If you ever tried KDesktop, all the X11 window manager, they are crap and take as much resources as any Windows versions. Not pratical either in a business environment.

Windows for desktop : GOOD

Linux for desktop : BAD

Windows for server : BAD

Linux for server : EXCELLENT

I think we need to learn how to live with Windows Betas on the desktop because we have no choice. And yes I have tried dozens of "Plug and Play" Linux desktop out there. They are all very pretty but they suck and are not pratical.

Edited by Butterfly

You know as much as I do that Linux is NOT a desktop platform despite numerous tries. And it's also not pratical to operate a business without MS Windows. I love Linux and that's all we have for our servers, but MS has an edge in terms of design, usability and efficiency for the Windows Interface.

Sorry, I have to disagree.

Linux developed into a fine desktop platform. Being mostly free, it does not have the marketing to reach you, but that does not change the fact that it is very practical to use.

"design, usability and efficiency"? Well, exactly that is the reason why the Linux desktops are better!

Design? The object oriented architecture of KDE (francois, forgive me), developed in C++, is far superior to the windows hack, and every programmer who ever did write a KDE application knows that, and gets excited about that.

Usability? Aaah, you did not here me cursing when I had to use windows again, after learning Linux... "Why does all the basic stuff not work in windows, grrr :o "

Efficiency? Well, getting the work done, quickly, without crashes, without virus problems, without data loss, that is quite efficient, isn't it? :D And that's how it is with Linux on your Desktop!

If you ever tried KDesktop, all the X11 window manager, they are crap and take as much resources as any Windows versions. Not pratical either in a business environment

"KDesktop"? Hmmm, it seems to be a long long time that you had a look around here. There is KDE, there is Gnome, and both are getting better every day. I do not think they are "crap", and I do not think they "take as much resources as any Windows version". And most of all I know that they are quite practical in a business environment. Why I know that? I see it working, every day! :D

Small correction:

Linux for desktop: EXCELLENT :D

Here I do agree 1000 % :D :D

I think we need to learn how to live with Windows Betas on the desktop because we have no choice.

Strongly disagree.

You have Apple, and you have Linux. Both are very good choices.

If you need the commercial video and graphics applications, such as the Adobe apps, they are all available for apple.

If you need to get office work done, you find all you need in Linux, and most of it for free.

And yes I have tried dozens of "Plug and Play" Linux desktop out there. They are all very pretty but they suck and are not pratical.

dozens of "Plug and Play" Linux desktops ? Wow! That many?!? I have just tried 2 of them, Gnome and KDE. Gnome was already very practical. I do prefer KDE though, because it is for me even more practical, as it is nice for the user and very friendly for the application developper.

I think you need to update your jugdement, by having a look at the currently available software.

Did you try a recent SuSE version, such as 9.2 or 9.3? Did you try Linspire 5.0? They are very practical, indeed!

hi'

I undestand your point, I'm in fact very close to this, but reality for me is a bit different ...

when I am asked to get a PC for a customer, 3 choices, I build it and the customer choose with me every single part of it, here I can say try Linux with pleasure, except if the customer wants windows(90%) ...

if I order already built, choice again but 90% of the people choose windows coz of previous use and not ready to change :D

if I order a brand name(mainly Dell), I can't ask for Linux :D

they just told me: NO! .

Well, that's life. Not much more you can do. HP is getting more open to Linux though.

I try to offer a try, as I said using a live cd, many are pleased :o

but many say it's nice but why change, I'm so used to windows ...

it's not easy to convince people who already bought an expensive license for their OS.

Yeah, and then they come asking for help because another crash, or virus is causing them data loss, and they need help. And their virus infected PC is becoming a zombie and is sending out 1000s of spam emails every night, and they don't understand who is at the remote control for their box.

After they get burned already, they are usually more open to look for an improvement.

It is a difference with the people close to me, the ones I care about. Here I make an extra effort to show them how their life could be more easy, and less money loss for the computer stuff as a bonus.

you're right, linux users are happy, and it could be for anyone, newbies and geeks, what I wanted to mean is it's not ready commercialy, the communication is poor, and the spreading slow ...

Well, I think it is ready commercially, but there is not the huge installed base, and there is not the big marketing money promoting it.

Companies like Novell / SuSE, Red Hat, or Linspire, and many more, do offer the product and the service the corporate customers need, and the growth is there. Despite the efforts of MS to stop it :D

but! Linux users have an absolute advantage ... time vs money :D

francois

ps: btw , running Suse 9.3, and happy :D

tested mandriva 2005, very nice :D

hi'

Design? The object oriented architecture of KDE (francois, forgive me), developed in C++, is far superior to the windows hack, and every programmer who ever did write a KDE application knows that, and gets excited about that.

no harm :D

I agree 100%, I'm a bit like you, Gnome is my favourite :o and kde is the best approach for an "old" windows user, no one get lost with it :D

problems begin when a simple user try to search and find out by him/herself without reading any "how-to" and mess around a bit ..

then they discover that a linux system is not windows, no piece of software to repair the registry after a mess-up, one need to learn a bit if have a will to play with the system! ... and then you're hooked :D

after a few bad experiences, you've learned enough and it becomes pleasant,

and sometime very gratifying :D

just have to try once :D

francois

You know as much as I do that Linux is NOT a desktop platform despite numerous tries. And it's also not pratical to operate a business without MS Windows. I love Linux and that's all we have for our servers, but MS has an edge in terms of design, usability and efficiency for the Windows Interface. If you ever tried KDesktop, all the X11 window manager, they are crap and take as much resources as any Windows versions. Not pratical either in a business environment.

I think we need to learn how to live with Windows Betas on the desktop because we have no choice. And yes I have tried dozens of "Plug and Play" Linux desktop out there. They are all very pretty but they suck and are not pratical.

Yes, you are almost correct. But re: server side, though linux has an edge in stability/availability, newer MS server platforms are improving rapidly and easily edge linux in the tools stakes. There is a place for MS and linux hosts and for large scale enterprise applications you will find MS to be the cheaper option too.

... and for large scale enterprise applications you will find MS to be the cheaper option too.

Cheaper than free? Yeah, that is what Microsoft tries to prove. However so far the studies they paid for are not very convincing, and do not show what is happening in the real world.

Especially in large scale applications the trend is towards Linux. Usually larger Unix installations are replaced by Linux, and not by MS.