Iphone 4 Battery Problems

shariq607

Hi guys,

Bought iphone 4 about 2 weeks ago From true move it seems to have battery problems i charge it whole night and it can only last me a day, by the time i reach home its already red. with moderate usage plus all apps closed turned off push notification mail fetching. discharged and recharged whole night didn't seem to solve the problem wifi turned off. just a bit text and browsing web for few minutes and 2 or 3 youtube video. i can notice the percentage dropping. i demanded a change from true move but they said my iphone was completely normal.

What do you guys think?

please post your usage stats with standby and of course how long does it last you? I already tried restoring it, did improve a little but not by a margin

Thanks

Should last more than a day. I use mine a fair bit in a weak 3G signal area, it'll be around 30-40% come bedtime. I'm using push etc

What push Are you running?

what App do you use For Msn Can you Reckon me a good one which doesn't suck out my phones battery?

Should last more than a day. I use mine a fair bit in a weak 3G signal area, it'll be around 30-40% come bedtime. I'm using push etc

what App do you use For Msn Can you Reckon me a good one which doesn't suck out my phones battery?

Meebo is pretty good.

Meebo is pretty good.

Tried Meebo bot for Some Odd reason the push Doesn't seem to work when my iphone is locked

My iPhone 4 has about 50% battery at the end of the day and I also use it heavily throughout the day.

As for push, Yahoo mail and Hotmail all push on the iPhone's built in mail handler. If you don't use those, then a trick is to make a new Hotmail account and have all your emails forwarded to that account. If you had your Hotmail setup the old way without push, you can now go to settings and add it as an Exchange account and now it pushes.

I use IM+ with push, it seems pretty good to me

I got mine in Oz when released a couple of months back. Use heavily most days, 3g on, push on, wifi on, bluetooth on, max screen brightness, IM and txt often......by late night still have 30% usually.

Firmware makes little difference on the 4 as far as battery performance goes.

If i were you, i'd be seeking a replacement. Based on your description, it's performance is way off par from what im seeing from mine.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Mine is afactory unlocked Iphone with cydia apps and jailbroken already. I have 4 email accounts (2 Push) and check them frequently. I never turn off Wifi or notification. I leave off bluetooth and location only and turn them on when I need to. The trick to good battery life that will help alot is turning off Spotlight Search and then rebooting your phone. Go to general - spotlight search and then deselect everything. Nobody uses this anyway. You should see a huge difference in your battery cycle. Hope that helps. Oh and I am on 4.1 firmware.