Rayong (Map Tha Phut) Immo Office

JusMe

I've got my driver's licence renewal coming up and of course, need all the appropriate papers, including the Certificate or Letter of Residence, showing where I live.

I'd much rather avoid the expense and hassle of heading into Bangkok and my embassy for the simple affidavit in which I say, "Yes, that's my address" and the embassy charges me massive baht for the "service."

I know that different immo offices provide different services, so wonder if anyone knows about the one here in Rayong. And, if they do provide the letter or certificate, how long does it take?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Three years ago, I got a certificate of residence at Mataphut. It takes about 48 hours, and the fee was about 200 baht. However, they required me to come with my landlord, and would not accept the written statement of alien residents in the apartment building. By the time my certificate was ready (I needed it buy a car and made the mistake of applying just before Songkran) I had a work permit, and didn't need the certificate.

Management at Mataphut has undergone a major change, and the office is much improved. The new head of immigration is farang-friendly and quite helpful. The atmosphere and staff are much better now. It probably will be easier to get the certificate now than it was 3 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my residence cert about 3 1/2 years ago for my 1 yr DL, no cost, and no wait.

A year later for my 5yr DL they wanted 2000bt - told them where to go and they said ok, come back in 24 hours - no problem and no charge...!

Have heard since that they respond well to a bag of cookies or doughnuts though.

yes mataput does this service. i got my letter 4 weeks ago took 10 minutes to get.

further info to this went to klaeng for my driving licence renewal (temp 1 year) and showed them an undated stat declaration and they said cant accept must provide letter of residence letter from mataput. mataput has been dam_n helpful over extensions,lor and other stuff

impressed

cheers mark

Edited by Bedrockguesthouse

yes mataput does this service. i got my letter 4 weeks ago took 10 minutes to get.

further info to this went to klaeng for my driving licence renewal (temp 1 year) and showed them an undated stat declaration and they said cant accept must provide letter of residence letter from mataput. mataput has been dam_n helpful over extensions,lor and other stuff

impressed

cheers mark

Aaaagh! Saw the window sign when I was in last week for my 90 day report, but as I'd already gone to my embassy and paid a whopping 1500 baht for it, didn't ask about getting it there.

If I'd only known - ten minutes and saving of so many baht, plus the messing about with my embassy in Bangkok. bah.gif

Guess I'll know better in future, as long as things don't change. I have always had good friendly service from the Map Tha Phut Immo office.

Getting the change from a one year to five year driver's licence in Rayong was very smooth and efficient - 20 minutes total, and 360 baht. Had all the necessary papers (including that affidavit from my embassy) and no problem at all.