UPDATED Current Flooded Areas & Forecasts

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I live before the Big C I had to come to bophut this morning near the peace resort and spa, bandara etc, unless you have some major reason to get out don't bother why

1. the road coming to bophut is completely flood and water is not going down

2. The pond in front of the restaurant that is next to family mart before the traffic light in bophut ( water from the pond is overflowing onto the street

3. I drive a fortuna not good enough for this weather but it was really bad trying to drive through the water and water is quite high enough movement in the water to actually push my Van a little bit

4. Still heavy rain where I'm at. will keep updates in my bophut area for any changes if i can

Keep in mind this was when I was driving at 9:45am, from what I know from other people water is still rising along the road

everyone be safe and be careful out there

Since I live before the Big C I had to come to bophut this morning near the peace resort and spa, bandara etc, unless you have some major reason to get out don't bother why

2. The pond in front of the restaurant that is next to family mart before the traffic light in bophut ( water from the pond is overflowing onto the street

3. I drive a fortuna not good enough for this weather but it was really bad trying to drive through the water and water is quite high enough movement in the water to actually push my Van a little bit

4. Still heavy rain where I'm at. will keep updates in my bophut area for any changes if i can

Keep in mind this was when I was driving at 9:45am, from what I know from other people water is still rising along the road

Worst i've ever seen it at Bophut traffic lights going towards Bangrak. No point in going out unless you have to. ;)

Worst i've ever seen it at Bophut traffic lights going towards Bangrak. No point in going out unless you have to. ;)

and with the 300 mm predicited tomorrow, and the constant rain coming down now, it is only set to get worst overnight and tomorrow,

touch wood, at least the power is still on

and with the 300 mm predicited tomorrow, and the constant rain coming down now, it is only set to get worst overnight and tomorrow,

Thats an aweful lot of rain coming our way. From what source did you hear this. If its correct i think a lot of people are going to get flooded out what with the current flooding.

Thats an aweful lot of rain coming our way. From what source did you hear this. If its correct i think a lot of people are going to get flooded out what with the current flooding.

windguru, has changed slightly to only 260 mm tomorrow, but we still have another 80 odd mm to fall today

I have just driven to Tesco from Plai Laem via the ghost road and Bang Rak - all roads passable on the motorbike.

Usual problems on the Big Budha to Choengmon road at Wat Plai Laem.

Hope that you folks in the lower lying areas survive the deluge tomorrow. Good Luck :unsure:

Just spoke to a friend on KP who was supposed to do visa report on Samui today, Songterm ferry cancelled....from KP I suspect others too?

Also a neighbour who works in Thaling Ngam .... just popped by to say roads too flooded to get though.... I think he was trying to say near the Lomprayah ferry road, in Maenam.... his English not so good.....

Road in front of my house is a river... oh my my! Another huge mess to clean up! ...... At the moment I would say water levels higher than any point in November! :(

and its going to get a whole worst tomorrow - http://www.windguru....ex.php?sc=30397

It's a whole lot worse now already, since this morning,,,, can you please bring your boat up (I assume you have one?) cos I can't get out! Knee deep & strong current flowing down the road in front of my house,,,, and water falling into the stream near by looks like Niagara Falls.....

Surprised the power still on there is tree down over the line, just up the road.....

Just spoke to a friend on KP who was supposed to do visa report on Samui today, Songterm ferry cancelled....from KP I suspect others too?

Also a neighbour who works in Thaling Ngam .... just popped by to say roads too flooded to get though.... I think he was trying to say near the Lomprayah ferry road, in Maenam.... his English not so good.....

Road in front of my house is a river... oh my my! Another huge mess to clean up! ...... At the moment I would say water levels higher than any point in November! :(

and its going to get a whole worst tomorrow - http://www.windguru....ex.php?sc=30397

It's a whole lot worse now already, since this morning,,,, can you please bring your boat up (I assume you have one?) cos I can't get out! Knee deep & strong current flowing down the road in front of my house,,,, and water falling into the stream near by looks like Niagara Falls.....

Surprised the power still on there is tree down over the line, just up the road.....

Jimmy, if someone comes for you in a boat, can you pick me up on the way please? I'm in Soi Beachway, just past Anong Villa. Marooned and house about to go under.

Signed

Damsel in Distress!

Jimmy, if someone comes for you in a boat, can you pick me up on the way please? I'm in Soi Beachway, just past Anong Villa. Marooned and house about to go under.

Signed

Damsel in Distress!

In the middle of my post my land lord came rushing over to get help moving a bunch of stuff before it floated away.... Several coconut trees down now too... Yiks!

It is now worse up my Soi than at any point last November.... :unsure:

No boat shown up yet! Sure hope your house survives... I just called my friend at the Indian restaurant on your Soi, he's under water too... Not fun for anyone... a lot of people going to loose business, too.

I suspect many tourists are going to miss connecting flights .. :(all they can do is WADE it out!!!! ;)

post-58494-0-84472700-1301300628_thumb.jpost-58494-0-68964600-1301300612_thumb.j

Today in Koh Phangan, start some local flood and some interruptions, like Haad Rin, the big road close to the police station in Thong Sala, and I can only guess what happen at the rod to Thong Nai Pan...

But almost under control and BTW I don't envy the Samui people. Good Luck!

Ring Road, Chaweng.

Passable.

Southern Beach Road, Chaweng.

No-go.

Soi Haad Ngam, Southern Chaweng.

Passable.

Lamdin.

I didn't try.

Soi Reaggae.

Passable.

Soi Raggae towards Lake.

Didn't try.

All test with Suzuki Carrabian.

Edited by PoorSucker

I'm still in bophut, been stuck here all day, not really stuck but water is rising higher on the main ring road going towards maenam,

1. i've seen many cars, motorbikes and even a few trucks complete die on the road.

2. Can't drive towards Big C on that road unless you're desperate or have a boat don't get out,

3. out in maenam I've heard reports of water on the road been higher than 12 inches or 1 ft high,

Bophut's ring road looks like a small river or lake going through it at the moment, I've even seen small cars that looked like that diseappeared into the water, I was here back in november and this is even worse than last year at least thats my opinion.

good luck and stay safe everyone

If anyone can get out, we're having a flood party at the Baracuda Bar in Hua Thanon. We're up the mountain a wee bit so we're a bit more sheltered flood wise than on the ground. Everyone is welcome if you can make it up here :jap:

Water rose over a foot, during dinner, at my place.... Not good! So far only neighbours affected by high water... fingers crossed as to what it will be like by morning.... The stream in the gully near me is up over 20 feet.... :realangry: it reached 18 feet in November.....

Yes, this is serious!

Edited by samuijimmy

Thanks Boater for mentioning the predicted rainfall. Till lately I ignored forecasts but with 300/260 mm we bought new sandbags which are up to now a good investment....

Could you please say where you brought the sand bags, I think this could be useful information people to know...

During the last flood in November there was a place towards the sea near Soi 1 in Maenam (by the bridge) providing bags and self fill... not heard that that is the case this time... but there are probably several places around the island......posting locations maybe of use! :jap:

Signed

Damsel in Distress!

Just the occasion to lock yourself in and write a few more stories!

R

;)

Mae Nam update 2.am

STAY AT HOME!

The Island strikes back! This is what they get for brainlessly building dams (ie everything that's been built on the coast in the last 10 years). The latest glaring boo boo being the big Gvt electricity place (what the hell is it?) next to the police station in Mae Nam.

Because of this main road by Soi 2 (Angelas) is a lake with no sight of kerbs and more than 2 feet deep there. 7-11 has pulled the fuses and all the nongs are sitting outside in the dark watching the rain.deluge.

The water has no place to go and so it's found an exit and it's gushing in a river down soi Jordans. (Soi 4). Rushing torrent there - saw a child bowled over by it (only 12 inches deep tho. River not child). Businesses closed and sandbags out. Earthquakes, floods, tsunamis and all of it heading towards the end of the Mayan calender and Armageddon in December next year. That'll teach em to not bother building drainage into their government buildings! Ha!

R

Edited by robsamui