Pattaya Travel Agent Recommendations

golfho

I see many travel agencies in Pattaya. I am looking for a fair, honest, and reliable one to change an existing airline

reservation and make future airline reservations. Also is there a standard fee charged by travel agencies in Thailand or is it whatever they think they can get away with?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Massic Travel on Second Road just opposite soi 6 is used by many. The Indian fellas that run it are honest and reliable and have been in business for years. Just Google them for telephone number and exact address.

I believe the going rate to change a plane reservation is a couple hundred baht.

Supattaya Travel on third road just outside The Village, I have always found them good and for a UK airfare normally cheaper than Massic whom I used to use. As I am a long standing client they do not charge me at all for ammending or re-booking flights.

Beware !

A friend of mine booked a return fare to the UK with a Pattaya travel agent and paid cash. He received all the flight details from the travel agent for both journeys on a computer printout to be shown at departure check in.

He flew out with no problems, when he checked in at Heathrow for his return he was told no money had been paid by the agent for the return flight. He had to pay for the flight again.

On his return to Pattaya he went to agent in Soi Post Office but the premises had been closed down and shuttered.

How can you avoid this happening to you?

Beware !

A friend of mine booked a return fare to the UK with a Pattaya travel agent and paid cash. He received all the flight details from the travel agent for both journeys on a computer printout to be shown at departure check in.

He flew out with no problems, when he checked in at Heathrow for his return he was told no money had been paid by the agent for the return flight. He had to pay for the flight again.

On his return to Pattaya he went to agent in Soi Post Office but the premises had been closed down and shuttered.

check your flight boolings on the airlines website as soon as you get your tickets.

Beware !

check your flight boolings on the airlines website as soon as you get your tickets.

Book online directly with the airlines...I haven't used a travel agent for the past decade. (The above was just a recommendation for anyone who still uses agents.)

Beware !

Book online directly with the airlines...I haven't used a travel agent for the past decade. (The above was just a recommendation for anyone who still uses agents.)

agree 100%

always book direct with the airline

Travel Ideas Pattaya Thai, opposite side to Friendship a little up the street

i am going to tell you why:

i have used the owner for many years, from when he worked as an agent on Soi post office to a different premises on Pattaya Thai and now to his current location

i know him pretty well now

my friend was here on holiday sans wife, as per normal

he had been about 10 times all in all with her approval

he called me at around 6pm one night, said he had a call from UK to say his wife had, had a heart attack and was in hospital

he said he needed to get back to UK fast

he was staying at Woodlands, i told him to pack his bags, check out and i would pick him up

i called Travel Ideas and told them the issues.

they said leave it with them

they called me back a few times during my journey to Woodlands

we decided he could make an 11-45 flight out of Don Mueng to Manchester UK with Lufthansa via Frankfurt

i called my taxi guy and told him to meet us at the agent at 7-30pm

Travel Ideas had everything ready for him

he paid a reasonable sum by credit card, both sets of tickets were issued and off he went

he was back home in UK the next morning

that's one of many reasons i will always use them

Eddies past on now, God rest his soul, but from his experience i know that when you need urgent action they are the only place to go.

In the internet age, travel offices are to a extended part obsolete. I haven't been using an agency for more than 10 yrs I think, and why should I?

Unless they are a really big enterprises they are not in a position to provide you cheaper prices.

Beware !

Had a very similar thing happen to me. Booked with one of the big Pattaya travel agents. I dont know if I'm allowed to mention their name or not. But from now on I will avoid them all and book directly online