Are Vitamins Available?

pbrane

Well, there is an OK selection but rather expensive and the Thai FDA have some rather tough restrictions as to strength of multivitamins/minerals which means that some of the "classics" like GNC gold multivitamins and other stronger multis have not been available (note; it might have changed since my last check).

Singapore/Manila have much better selection and prices.

Cheers!

I was surprised by the cost of vits in LOS (particularly Vit C) - almost certainly worth bringing your own. Not being paranoid, but I suggest you keep them in their original packaging/containers - wouldn't want a customs guy suspecting/wishing that they're something else.............. :o

I was surprised by the cost of vits in LOS (particularly Vit C) - almost certainly worth bringing your own. Not being paranoid, but I suggest you keep them in their original packaging/containers - wouldn't want a customs guy suspecting/wishing that they're something else..............  :o

I would agree if you are talking about imported products (which seem to be sold much as a multi level business) but vit C is given away free to every child during most doctor visits so do not believe the local versions are expensive. The problem is they are not advertised or put on shelves when other products will make the drug store or hospital more money.

I was surprised by the cost of vits in LOS (particularly Vit C) - almost certainly worth bringing your own. Not being paranoid, but I suggest you keep them in their original packaging/containers - wouldn't want a customs guy suspecting/wishing that they're something else..............  :o

I would agree if you are talking about imported products (which seem to be sold much as a multi level business) but vit C is given away free to every child during most doctor visits so do not believe the local versions are expensive. The problem is they are not advertised or put on shelves when other products will make the drug store or hospital more money.

To be fair, I'm only going by what I've seen on the shelves at supermarket pharmacies - so you could well be right about them being imports and thus more expensive/profitable. Seeing how cheap antibiotics etc are (particularly locally produced ones), it'd be surprising if vits weren't at a similar level.