Nippy Out There!

JohnLocke

14 in Pai. Nice moonrise.

Must be all the concrete and asphalt down here keeping us 'warm'. 16 at sunrise. Sounds like you may have to throw another log on the fire up there.;)

Edited by ThaiWx

Must be all the concrete and asphalt down here keeping us 'warm'. 16 at sunrise. Sounds like you may have to throw another log on the fire up there.;)

That has to have some effect but I'm about 700' higher which is good for around -2 degrees at typical lapse rates.

Speaking of nippy.....

As cold as I find it the wifey finds it much worse. She gets up about a hour before me each morning and when she came to wake me, complaining as it were I found out quickly that making fun of her CWI's from the luxury of a warm bed is not going to put me in the good books for the rest of the day.

After driving my friend around on my scooter last night i had to pry my fingers off the handlebars. Brr...

Apprehensive about my morning shower. The chill factor that follows is not something im looking forward to. :ph34r:

After driving my friend around on my scooter last night i had to pry my fingers off the handlebars. Brr...

Apprehensive about my morning shower. The chill factor that follows is not something im looking forward to. :ph34r:

You gotta do it though or you may not have a friend to ride behind you on the scooter next time!:blink:

eek..

re ... Apprehensive about my morning shower. The chill factor that follows is not something im looking forward to

no chill factor here .... you want to shower here ? ... : )

hhhhmmmmm . holliday coming up ? .... dave2 : )

dam_n I didn't realize that I'd be need a jacket for Chiang Mai but it's really getting that way at night. Is it going to get much colder?

For several days somewherein December and/or January it can get as low as 12 degrees in or just outside town. If you for far out of town and up hills then it can get colder than that still, 6 degrees or so. (Or if you go exceptionally high, and there is an exceptional condition then freezing has been reported. But that's truly exceptional.)

So yes, get a light jacket or fleece or something. Especially if you ride a bike.

tfc

re ... Is it going to get much colder?

i think this year its cold early ... ive never been so cold mornings and nights for years and thais are obviously thinking the same

enjoy pic ... dave2 ... freezing his ex brit nuts off ..... in thailands november : (

Don't complain......I prefer this to the 42C heat in April.May which was just unbearable....especially as I am such a 'cheap charlie' I won't buy air-con! Lost a few Kgs in sweat though.....so every cloud!

Does make me laugh when the Thai's buy jackets and coats that would go snowboarding in...they look like they are going on an Arctic Expedition!

Get yourself up to Pai in a few weeks, gets nippy up there!

Don't complain......I prefer this to the 42C heat in April.May which was just unbearable....especially as I am such a 'cheap charlie' I won't buy air-con! Lost a few Kgs in sweat though.....so every cloud!

Does make me laugh when the Thai's buy jackets and coats that would go snowboarding in...they look like they are going on an Arctic Expedition!

Take a visit up to Doi Inthanon ! Makes here in town feel like the tropics again (after you thaw out and get feeling back).

dam_n I didn't realize that I'd be need a jacket for Chiang Mai but it's really getting that way at night. Is it going to get much colder?

For several days somewherein December and/or January it can get as low as 12 degrees in or just outside town. If you for far out of town and up hills then it can get colder than that still, 6 degrees or so. (Or if you go exceptionally high, and there is an exceptional condition then freezing has been reported. But that's truly exceptional.)

So yes, get a light jacket or fleece or something. Especially if you ride a bike.

When we left Doi Angkhan two years ago, the motorcycle and all the cars in the parking lot were all covered with thick frost. Very nippy start to our riding day! Morning temps were below zero.

Take a visit up to Doi Inthanon ! Makes here in town feel like the tropics again (after you thaw out and get feeling back).

Been to the the top of Doi Inthanon 3 times all in January of different years. Two times I have had it snow on me, was not a blizzard but definitely the white stuff. This morning at 7 AM 16.1C

You gotta do it though or you may not have a friend to ride behind you on the scooter next time!:blink:

True! :lol:

eek..

re ... Apprehensive about my morning shower. The chill factor that follows is not something im looking forward to

no chill factor here .... you want to shower here ? ... : )

hhhhmmmmm . holliday coming up ? .... dave2 : )

Haha..umm... lost for words !!

"Nippy out there". Isn't that what the residents of Pearl Harbour said in the morning of December 7, 1941?

I was a bit uncomfortable riding my motorcycle last night while wearing only shorts and sandals. Fantastic during the day though. I might even wear a jacket tonight when I go out.

"Nippy out there". Isn't that what the residents of Pearl Harbour said in the morning of December 7, 1941?

I was a bit uncomfortable riding my motorcycle last night while wearing only shorts and sandals. Fantastic during the day though. I might even wear a jacket tonight when I go out.

Cooler at nights but absolutely beautiful days! No complaints here! I wish I had some kind of weather recorder to capture these days!

Love the cooler air, but am wearing a jacket in the evenings now.

My gf gets very very cold so bought her a real hard core North Face skiing jacket today with the inside jacket in it as well. She is very happy now :)

I think she likes her new "gig" better then me at the moment blink.giflaugh.gif

Love the cooler air, but am wearing a jacket in the evenings now.

My gf gets very very cold so bought her a real hard core North Face skiing jacket today with the inside jacket in it as well. She is very happy now :)

I think she likes her new "gig" better then me at the moment blink.giflaugh.gif

Maybe better to take the jacket back (at least at night) so she'll come to you to keep warm.:rolleyes:

Edited by ThaiWx