2011 Kawasaki Versys Has Arrived In Thailand!

BigBikeBKK

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now the V's got a big brother -the Versys 1000 was just introduced in Milan. No idea whether made here or not. 1000cc, 118hp, 239kg, traction control & ABS.

2012-Versys-1000_5.jpg

I don't believe they will be made in Thailand. As far as I know only bikes with up to 2 cylinders and max 650cc are produced by Kawa in Thailand.

Only 17'' front wheel.. oei..me no like :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am planning on trying a 44T rear sprocket on my Versys. I find the gearing a little to short for touring with the standard 46T sprocket. I Always feel I am missing a gear.

Could anybody please recommend a place where I could buy one in Thailand (bangkok).

Thx!

Hi all,

I am planning on trying a 44T rear sprocket on my Versys. I find the gearing a little to short for touring with the standard 46T sprocket. I Always feel I am missing a gear.

Could anybody please recommend a place where I could buy one in Thailand (bangkok).

Thx!

There's <deleted> all in the way of aftermarket sprockets in Thailand, especially if you want to go DOWN in size.

I know a couple shop have have larger sprockets (of questionable quality I might add) but I've never seen a smaller-than-stock EX650 sprocket in Thailand.

Your best bet is to order from abroad. Gary from BlueRidgePerformance (http://www.blueridgeperformance.net/) has 44 tooth rear sprockets for just $35 and he ships to Thailand. Even after shipping and tax you'll still come in a lot cheaper than any retail shop here in Thailand :)

Hi all,

Thx!

There's <deleted> all in the way of aftermarket sprockets in Thailand, especially if you want to go DOWN in size.

I know a couple shop have have larger sprockets (of questionable quality I might add) but I've never seen a smaller-than-stock EX650 sprocket in Thailand.

Your best bet is to order from abroad. Gary from BlueRidgePerformance (http://www.blueridgeperformance.net/) has 44 tooth rear sprockets for just $35 and he ships to Thailand. Even after shipping and tax you'll still come in a lot cheaper than any retail shop here in Thailand smile.png

Thanks for the advise. I might as well buy a complete set including chain because price seems to be fair.

• 2 months later...

^ Nice test. Strange that the Versys doesn't come with ABS in the states... never been available here without.

Some corrections for Thailand:

- Versys has ABS

- The other bikes cost more than 2x than the Versys.

Is the V-Strom officially imported into Thailand? Looks like a nice bike....

^ Nice test. Strange that the Versys doesn't come with ABS in the states... never been available here without.

- Versys has ABS

The V-strom is a fantastic bike and it beats the Versys by a hair in most reviews especially in the US where the Suzie has ABS and the Kawi doesn't. Unfortunately still not available in Thailand, and if Suzuki ever do decide to import it we can expect it to cost around double the price of the made-in-Thailand Versys...

My favorite V-strom review-

cheesy.gif

You should strap a couple on and get a KTM http://www.riderscorner.net

4425390901_326c181da3_o.jpg

- Versys has ABS

The V-strom is a fantastic bike and it beats the Versys by a hair in most reviews especially in the US where the Suzie has ABS and the Kawi doesn't. Unfortunately still not available in Thailand, and if Suzuki ever do decide to import it we can expect it to cost around double the price of the made-in-Thailand Versys...

My favorite V-strom review-

cheesy.gif

Edited by bazmlb
: Please do not to post URL links to other forums .

• 3 weeks later...

The KTM Adventure is a fantastic (if a bit fugly) bike, but the pricing in Thailand is a outrageous.

KTM Adventure 990 price in Thailand 980,000 Baht

Kawasaki Versys 650 price in Thailand 285,000 Baht

For the cost of one KTM Adventure you could buy a Versys which will blow the Adventure away on road and track plus a KLX250 or CRF250L which will destroy the Adventure in the dirt, and still have over 500k Baht leftover.

Sucker! cheesy.gif

July7VersysBoDin2SSR.jpg

The KTM Adventure is a fantastic (if a bit fugly) bike, but the pricing in Thailand is a outrageous.

KTM Adventure 990 price in Thailand 980,000 Baht

Kawasaki Versys 650 price in Thailand 285,000 Baht

For the cost of one KTM Adventure you could buy a Versys which will blow the Adventure away on road and track plus a KLX250 or CRF250L which will destroy the Adventure in the dirt, and still have over 500k Baht leftover.

Sucker! cheesy.gif

July7VersysBoDin2SSR.jpg

Yes,he must be a sucker because he didnt buy a kawasaki.,we get it already coffee1.gif

are you ever going to post something new or just the same old tripe day in ,day out ?

ps: maybe he can afford a KTM so doesnt need to buy 2 budget kawasakis instead ........rolleyes.gif