Ford New Ranger - Nearly 4 Years Old

soandso

I drive a 3 Liter 4 WD New Ranger Open Cab, which I bought at the end of 2006. I did 57.000 km up to now and mainly on long trips.

The engine is a big plus in this vehicle: strong, smooth and reliable. I also like the brick-design looks and the 4 WD which is a big help in wet conditions. The swing doors are very convenient but the available space makes it not suitable as a family car. The interior is – as with all trucks in Thailand – simple, and the dashboard materials are of cheaper quality. Still the car looks (nearly) like new and the wear on everything is small.

Over the years I had to replace the windscreen (stone crack), battery and ECU. It took Ford quite a while to figure out that the ECU was not o.k. and that this was the reason for starting problems.

So I am really happy with the car itself but not with Ford regarding the after sales and maintenance service. But I guess that´s not different from other car manufacturers.

I thought long about buying a Toyota but the bland interior and high fuel consumption was the main reason against it. And I stayed away from Isuzu because of some bad experiences of people I know regarding the engine performance over years and especially diesel as well as oil consumption. A Mitsubishi was never an option because they look and feel like toy cars and Nissan did not have the Navarra when I bought my car. But I don´t like the looks anyway.

If I had to buy a car again I would probably stay away from a truck unless I really need one, which I don´t. The overall driving comfort (apart from the high riding position) is just prehistoric. The best drives I had with about a tonne of load...

b.t.w.: the car is for sale (425.000 – no offers)

There it is again .. the question about your/my choise of car/pickup .. looking at secondhand price´s can Ford and Mazda be that bad really? :unsure:

I mean bearings , pistons , pumps and shit often have the same manifacture anyway so why pay a ridiculous price for another brand?

I must say it´s tempting to buy a secondhand pickup for the half price then let´s say a 2-3 yo. Vigo! :whistling:

There it is again .. the question about your/my choise of car/pickup .. looking at secondhand price´s can Ford and Mazda be that bad really? :unsure:

I mean bearings , pistons , pumps and shit often have the same manifacture anyway so why pay a ridiculous price for another brand?

I must say it´s tempting to buy a secondhand pickup for the half price then let´s say a 2-3 yo. Vigo! :whistling:

It's a classic. :whistling:

This is the truck l would like.:)

post-87530-0-09039400-1288949796_thumb.j

The other thing l forgot to say was l've never seen a Ford ranger 3.0 and they are basically the same as a Mazda B series.:whistling: the Rangers in Nth America are not the same.

Edited by Kwasaki