Going For First 1 Year Extention Based On Marriage

Feel like I have been through a washing machine ,,, no 100 hoops

Im going next week to extend my 1 year non imm visa which has multiple entries and expires in March 2010 .

Im am extending based on being married to my thai wife .

This is what I plan to bring please let me know if I need anything else ... I d love to do this in two trips if its possible ..

I will be going to the office in Chiang mai as well

1, application for extention with photo original and two color copies of everything I submit, 1900 baht no copies heheheh

Copy of my pass port front page and Thai visa page along with entry stamp .

Thai driver lic

Us driver Lic

wifes pass port

wifes id card showing her married name

kor 2

affidavit from us embassy stating my monthly income which exceeds 40,000 baht

bank book showing when the money was transfered

Letter from pension stating amount of monthly income

copy of lease of residence in my name

copy of notification to immigration I live here and where

pictures in front of house

Debating if to bring original marrage certificate or affidavit I signed at embassy stating we are married

any other sugestions would be welcome , we plan to get there early bring a good book , patients and a few drops of my blood just in case ....

You are in the last 30 days permitted to stay (obviously not on a visa that expired in March 2010).

You do not need any drivers license.

You should not need pension papers but good to have in reserve.

There is no money transfer requirement if using embassy letter but good to have a passbook to show if asked.

Wife should not need passport.

Wife will need home register her name is on.

Are you married inside Thailand or outside? Believe marriage certificates will be required for show/copies.

Above is general so if no reply from someone doing recently would suggest a search.

Original Marriage Certificate. (kor ror 3)

Marriage register entry (kor ror 2)

Wifes ID Card and Tabbien Baan.

Income letter from Embassy.

They may want to see your bank book.

Photos in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photo.

TM7 application form. 1,900 Baht fee.

Your Wife will also be interviewed and have to sign an affidavit.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month to get the remainder.

BTW is this within 30 days of your current permision to stay?

I have just done my visa extension based on marriage in Chiang Mai. They tried to get me to make it a retired extension as it is easy for them, and they don't have to send someone to your house and take your photo etc. But I insisted as I want to also work, and I don't need to keep so much cash locked up in the bank.rolleyes.gif

any other sugestions would be welcome ,

It can be a lot of hassel.

You can extend a visa, and even a Visa Exemption for 60 days based on 'visiting wife or child'.

These extentions are indefinite once there's a border run or visa between them.

If you prefer doing a border run, then extention at immigration (1,900b) every 75 days as opposed to all the hassel and keeping such and such money in a low yeild Thai bank account (for some who don't show income), it's a lot easier.

To extend a 15 day Visa Exemption (or any visa) you just need your marriage cert, copy of wife's ID, and a letter or something showing her address.

You can do this indefinetly. Visa run, 60 day extention, visa run, 60 day extention, etc.

Dominic.

Edited by DomToggaf

"...as opposed to all the hassel and keeping such and such money in a low yeild Thai bank account..."

The money is only required to be in the bank either 2 or 3 months, depending on your specific situation.

Nothing is indefinite here. What may work today might not work tomorrow.

My guess is immigration will eventually get tired of you bending the rules and tell you to go get a visa. The 'visiting spouse' extension is not intended to be a long term option.

If people keep abusing the rule, it's likely that the option will be removed, or additional requirements added on, such as requiring money in the bank. They've done that in the past.

Yes I am in the last 30 days of my 90 day stamp . was married in trhe US , We registered the marrage last week in her home province .

I will bring copies of my bank statments but as I have only been retired since late Sept there will only be one retirement transfer showing . If they want more I ll have to come back . I dont want to go the visa run thiing , bad enough I ll have to report every 90 days ........

There is no requirement to actually transfer the funds. The Embassy letter should be enough.

Don't confuse the issue with too many documents.

Thanks I will bring them in another folder if they ask I ll have them but only offer what I think is required ,,,,,,