Sorry I Killed Your Wife, Here's Some Money

sriracha john

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh, you are posting such a deep subject. The cycle of life, what comes around goes around! Well in the real world, when we lose people we suffer. If you cannot understand that simple fact you are an idiot. And in this country - which you profess to understand, you must realise that children (like the girl who died) are part of the cycle. But I am happy to see that your useless Califonian bull is evident, it won't help the poor man but your yankee blood will aprove of the USD16,000 he recieved.

Dont get spiritual on me -  I know your people.

In Thailand money talks; bullshit and all else walks -- even spiritual stuff takes a backseat to money.

Those were the laws before I got here and they remain so.

I'll let you do the crying and complaining; I'll just pay the bill, shake hands, go home and mind my own business.

If I kill anybody, you'll be the last person I will tell -- after tonight that is abundantly clear, Toni.

You've given my consicience a good workout. You ought to apply for a timeshare salesman's job. You're even worse than the priest who used to hear my confession in High School. :o

Goodnight Toni

:D:D

Well, I ain't no priest, (although I am a Roman Catholic), and I sure as ###### didn't sell timeshare. Maybe all that has happened is over these years I have discovered that money isn't the only reason to be alive. I am sure you all have better lives than me, but if you can go home and not feel bad about the suffering of other people. I don't want to know about it. If yoy are succesfull, then You are all that is the worst about success

I'm with Tony on this one. There's a distinct lack of respect/value for human life in most less developed countries, and often their government/judicial system don't help to educate and change this...which leads to them being rightly desrespected by other nations.

You've gotta be very lucky to convict a prominent or not-so-prominent figure of a crime here, and it's a shame that lobbying the media is vital in getting the correct verdict (re: Kanchanaburi killings). I know Thais abroad through friends that have fled their country after an accidental or intended serious assault/murder and are living happily with no sign of regret apparent. How many times did Wanchalerm ruin people's lives before he was banged up for a little while?

It'd be nice to think that most morally-developed humans would accept their punishment for such a road crime (given he/she was the perpetrator) without trying to bribe officials. Personally I could no longer care about my career, whatever it was, if I had killed a person. Career's can be changed.

You come across people who would always step in to help an injured person/animal, and protest passionately about those who wouldn't. You also get people who think about their own wellbeing first and foremost and have a rather colder, clinical outlook.

Tony and Harmonica, on reading all of their previous posts, are at two different ends of the scale.

I'm with Tony on this one.  There's a distinct lack of respect/value for human life in most less developed countries, and often their government/judicial system don't help to educate and change this...which leads to them being rightly desrespected by other nations.

You've gotta be very lucky to convict a prominent or not-so-prominent figure of a crime here, and it's a shame that lobbying the media is vital in getting the correct verdict (re: Kanchanaburi killings).  I know Thais abroad through friends that have fled their country after an accidental or intended serious assault/murder and are living happily with no sign of regret apparent.  How many times did Wanchalerm ruin people's lives before he was banged up for a little while?

It'd be nice to think that most morally-developed humans would accept their punishment for such a road crime (given he/she was the perpetrator) without trying to bribe officials.  Personally I could no longer care about my career, whatever it was, if I had killed a person.  Career's can be changed.

You come across people who would always step in to help an injured person/animal, and protest passionately about those who wouldn't.  You also get people who think about their own wellbeing first and foremost and have a rather colder, clinical outlook.

Tony and Harmonica, on reading all of their previous posts, are at two different ends of the scale.

Harmonica is a typical yank,and no wonder people despair of them.

he is full of sh-t and lives in world of pop corn and movies and the average non American generally shake their heads at anything that is uttered.

Toni,you are wasting your time,there is no hope for harmonica,best he get back to watching WWF!

This is Asia where somethings matter more than money

As this story perfectly shows, this is Asia where NOTHING matters more than money.

I don't understand your tirade on Americans either (I'm Italian), over there they are as harsh as us in Europe (if not more) on drunk driving.

Our lovely Miss Nisita wouldn't be so smiling if she had killed a mother and maimed a child while driving drunk in the US or West Europe.

But she did so in Thailand, South Est Asia, where if they catch you after you have dutifully fled the scene, you pay their family and you walk free with a smile...

Harmonica is a typical yank,and no wonder people despair of them.

he is full of sh-t and lives in world of pop corn and movies and the average non American generally shake their heads at anything that is uttered.

Toni,you are wasting your time,there is no hope for harmonica,best he get back to watching WWF!

watching WWF :o:D:D

She should have done time. Once people have demonstrated a lack of respect for the law and the welfare of others they need to be removed from society. Sometimes for life sometimes for a length of time depending on the crime. This protects society and gives the criminal a lot of time to think about their behavior and how they should change. While in jail rehab can also be given.

It's pretty hard to get drunk and run over someone while sitting in a jail cell.

Toni, I'm from the USA and I'm with ya on this one.

newns.m & toni-

I don't agree with harmonica, now, having said that....f.u.c.k. you both! You people seem to have a problem taking individuals out a of group. To attack a whole nation of people that range all races, cultures, and creeds by putting them into one little box that is harmonica, is childish and shows that you are no better than him.

So, take your anti-American sh1t and walk, until you can speak with a little more intelligence, you'll never be any better.

bebop is right.....please don't judge me and other Americans based on a few.

If you follow Harmonica's other posts you'll see he is what I call a 'semi-troll'. He loves to pull someone's chain and try to get people going.....at least this is the impression I get. :o

bebop is right.....please don't judge me and other Americans based on a few.

If you follow Harmonica's other posts you'll see he is what I call a 'semi-troll'.  He loves to pull someone's chain and try to get people going.....at least this is the impression I get.  :o

You show signs of the force, young padawan! :D

Ie: You're right, I reckon'

Ones's  duty to oneself is to get the best deal one can -- especially under such adverse circumstances wherein one could easily get lynched.

Every farang in this thread would be singing a different tune had he himself been in Anita's shoes. 

Thumbs up for Anita  :o

I'll wear Anita's shoes if you wear the shoe of the man's wife that was crushed, ok?....

Deal??

:D

Ones's  duty to oneself is to get the best deal one can -- especially under such adverse circumstances wherein one could easily get lynched.

Every farang in this thread would be singing a different tune had he himself been in Anita's shoes. 

Thumbs up for Anita  :o

I'll wear Anita's shoes if you wear the shoe of the man's wife that was crushed, ok?....

Deal??

Just had to add another American opinion. Drunk driving is one of the more serious problems in LOS. and thai society in general has the old "mai pen rai" attitude about it. its a shame. the attitudes in the u.s. started changing about drunk driving around 20 years ago. used to be the cops would let you sleep it off in the car, or even follow you home to make sure you made it. not that way anymore. you want to drink and drive, fine, but you better be willing to pay the price, which is now suspended license at least, and if you are in an accident, jail time. there are some alternatives to jail- working in hospitals with people injured by drunk drivers for a couple of years, putting a bumpersticker on the offenders care that says: "driver has killed while drunk driving before", speaking at schools...but kill someone? years of jail time. but here in thailand there is no deterrent for drunk driving. every songkran there are a few articles in the paper or on the news about it, but thats it. the biggest shame in this case is the loss of life. second is that every rich thai kid has just had it reinforced that he or she can get blind drunk and climb behind the wheel of their benz, bmw and if the worst happens, well, just head home and mom and dad will have to pay a few hundred thousand baht. no sense of responsibility here, whether its littering or drunk driving.

the biggest shame in this case is the loss of life. second is that every rich thai kid has just had it reinforced that he or she can get blind drunk and climb behind the wheel of their benz, bmw and if the worst happens, well, just head home and mom and dad will have to pay a few hundred thousand baht. no sense of responsibility here, whether its littering or drunk driving.

Generally young Thais see adults driving drunk all the time, so is seen as normal. There is a slight chance that if they think it is going to cost 800,000, they may think twice. But I doubt it.

It seems to me that Thais rarely consider the consequences of their actions. Safety is not and issue and everything will be alright.

The 13 year old daughter of a teacher visited our house on her father's motorbike. I couldn't believe it when I noticed that the motorbike had no brakes. I was able to hook up the cable and adjust so at least she had some brakes. So here you have an educated man who will allow his young daughter to ride a death trap. I'm not saying that he doesn't care about his daughter, just doesn't even consider that the m/bike is in a dangerous condition. Everything will be OK, Mai Bpen Rai.

Yes most Thais think nothing of DD along same lines as littering.

newns.m & toni-

I don't agree with harmonica, now, having said that....f.u.c.k. you both! You people seem to have a problem taking individuals out a of group. To attack a whole nation of people that range all races, cultures, and creeds by putting them into one little box that is harmonica, is childish and shows that you are no better than him.

So, take your anti-American sh1t and walk, until you can speak with a little more intelligence, you'll never be any better.

:o Ditto that Thaibebop, i was trying to tell him this earlier but i wasn't so blunt :D

Toni, my post was just to show that not only are rich thais allowed to walk free after an accidental death but that it seems to be the acceptable thing in this country, to make a financial settlement if that is what the victims family wants.

In my friends case, the victims father decided to let him go free as his religious beleifs taught him that my friend would be punsihed in his whole life for his crime & who are you to say he is wrong? It wasn't your daughter who was killed & only he (the father) can really say what he was feeling.

I also know of an Irish guy in Samui who killed a young thai girl & her sister whilst drink driving, in that case the family also decide that a financial settlement was wanted & the Irish guy was eventually released & returned to his own country devastated at his own stupidity. Yes, in HIS country he would have been locked up, but in THAILAND, he was allowed to pay for his crime financially & then walk free. That again was the descision of the family involved. Right or wrong it tends to be the way things happen here.

Mr Bojangles, don't you understand we are talking about the death of two people. Ok I didn't know them but if it was your wife and child I would like to think I was concerned about them and the result on you, even I don't know you. "lighten up" is an easy thing to say. When I was living in Indonesia in 97, it was this attitude that allowed so many atrocities.

You’re not a Catholic Missionary are you? BTW I’m English. I think that your girlfriend knew you were a bad driver, that is why she gave you her very powerful Merc; you were probably boring her as well and she felt it was the quickest route to getting rid of you. I personally would rather be run over than spending time talking to you.

Not wishing to enter into the neverending debate on the seriousness of the driver's actions, or appropriateness of her punishment, or what countries's citizens believe what . . . , I do wish to address some of the information provided in the posts which contrast to prior published reports in newspapers and TV News programs.

1. I have yet to see a report (including the one published in this thread) which said she was driving intoxicated when the accident occurred, nor was she charged with this crime. Maybe she was, I just haven't seen nor heard this reported. Reports did indicate she was driving very fast when she struck the 3 pedestrians.

2. All reports I have seen, including TV news footage, report the accident occurred on New Petchaburi Road, not on Sukhumvit/Asok. See The Nation.

My only other comment is that drivers in Thailand generally do not observe 'defensive driving' practices, in that they commonly speed through intersections and change lanes without considering pedestrians or other vehicles may do the unexpected, and enter into their paths.

I am a Catholic and if I was reponsible for this I am not sure I could live with myself.

So how do you live with yourself now boasting of being a member

of the paedophilia club.

Ahh yes I know - be like the priests after just molesting a child - go

to confession say 3 hail mary's and all is forgiven - now I can live

with myself again.

After reading this thread from start to finish, that's the best news I've heard Doc. How obtuse and indifferent can one person be, whether he be american or any other nationality. She needs a wake up call with serious jail time, but as we know, this is not the way things are done here. After all TIT, but I'd still rather have my wife and child than a tainted 800.000 baht...