Waving

Nawtier

but you certainly were not a rider in North America :)

North America...fortunately...is not the centre of the universe.

You put forth the argument about "Bikie" being used in N.A.

Ask the Hells Angels in the States if they know what a Bikie is then......i am sure they will have heard it before.

and you are wrong. The Red and Whites would not know the term and would find it offensive if used to describe them. (I am from a "closed state", where the Red and Whites moved in by patching over the Green and Whites (Brothers Fast.) and count a couple of them as friends.

Well they dont seem to have that attitude in Aussie.........

Hells Angels bikies join mourners at Chaouk funeral ..

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/hells-angels-bikies-join-mourners-at-chaouk-funeral-20100816-125gj.html

Hells Angels in police bikie conference hotel .....

http://www.smh.com.au/national/hells-angels-in-police-bikie-conference-hotel-20090503-argo.html

Hells Angels take on New Boys in bikie clash on Hindley St

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/hells-angels-take-on-new-boys-in-bikie-clash-on-hindley-st/story-e6frea6u-1225852634176

Never heard of red and whites....are they are Honda group ??

All this patch, rockers and prospect crap is very childish.....I was in a gang/club when I was 8yo with the <deleted> kid next door, think his old man was in the mafia with all the shuvels they kept in the garage.....time to grow up you guys...oh and stop waving at strangers.

All this patch, rockers and prospect crap is very childish.....I was in a gay club when I was 8yo with the <deleted> kid next door, think his old man was in the mafia with all the shuvels they kept in the garage.....time to grow up you guys...oh and stop waving at strangers.

No bikes have rear vision mirrors ?

Thats interesting.

What bikes dont? Its illegal to ride a bike without them in Aus.

In some places (like the US) they are called side view mirrors as they are mounted to the sides (like on cars) and a rearview mirror is mounted in the center (not possible on bikes.)

from wiki

A rear-view mirror (or sometimes, rear-vision mirror in British English) is a mirror in automobiles and other vehicles, designed to allow the driver to see rearward through the vehicle's backlight (rear windscreen).

In cars, the rear-view mirror is usually affixed to the top of the windscreen on a swivel mount allowing it to be freely rotated. In the past, some cars had the rear-view mirror mounted on top of the dashboard. Rear-view mirrors are designed to break away to minimize injury to occupants who may be thrown against it in a collision.

For motorcycles and bicycles, the rear-view mirrors are usually mounted to the handlebars, and there are usually two of them, so they are variously referred to as "rear-view mirrors", "side-view mirrors", "side mirrors", or simply "mirrors".

Thanks that was my way of thinking biggrin.gif

Mine too.

All this patch, rockers and prospect crap is very childish.....I was in a gay club when I was 8yo with the <deleted> kid next door, think his old man was in the mafia with all the shuvels they kept in the garage.....time to grow up you guys...oh and stop waving at strangers.

Might of just been a keen gardener

Edited by pete600

All this patch, rockers and prospect crap is very childish.....I was in a gang/club when I was 8yo with the <deleted> kid next door, think his old man was in the mafia with all the shuvels they kept in the garage.....time to grow up you guys...oh and stop waving at strangers.

If you don't know the Red and Whites you probably shouldn't bring them up in conversation ... even on the internet :) BTW --- '<deleted>' is an offensive term.

Time for me to stop feeding the troll :)

I don't care what other people think. I will still wave to other riders, stop and ask if they need help when they are broken down and render first aid if needed. If we gunna act like a$$holes, we may as well sell our bikes and become car drivers.

I don't care what other people think. I will still wave to other riders, stop and ask if they need help when they are broken down and render first aid if needed. If we gunna act like a$$holes, we may as well sell our bikes and become car drivers.

Most people....except in asia....will offer assistance to a broken down car or injured person....so your comment is a little silly.

But most people do not wave to complete strangers for no reason other than they believe...falsely...they have some kinship with them, even though person they are waving to may have just beaten up their wife or child before breakfast.

If you don't know the Red and Whites you probably shouldn't bring them up in conversation ... even on the internet :) BTW --- '<deleted>' is an offensive term.

:)

Should I shudder in me boots now that I have dragged up the good...but unknown name...of the red n whites ?

They must be some new age Honda club with a name like that, glistening leathers and shiny new full face helmets.

As for the word <deleted>.....you should tell Nick & Vince to stop it then... http://today.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/851099/the-<deleted>-boy-2-the-kings-of-mykonos

I wear leathers because road rash freakin' hurts! I wear a helmet because I value my head. I wear proper riding boots because etc etc

I wave at pretty much anybody on two wheels. Heck I even wave at pickup trucks if they have a bike in the back. I don't care if anyone waves back.

"Bikie"? Never heard that one before...

Ride On!

Tony