Hua Hin

Deserted

Greetings fellas. I'll be heading down to Hua Hin for a couple fo days next week. Haven't been there for the best part of 10 years and wondered whether it's possible to rent out something other than the little 100/125 models the Thai's adore. I prefer something with a bit more oomph. Are there any places in Hua Hin that offer that? I'll need to rent for 2 days only.

Cheers.

Deserted,

Your alias based on the sand version, the pudding version, or the (very politically incorrect) chain came loose on my woman version? Never mind, might be too personal to answer on this forum. :jap:

I was there a couple of months back (and might be there again in a week or so :D) and there were (a few) bigger bikes. From the sofa seat style big (180cc?) scooters, to 200cc Honda Phantom's, to a Vmax, to a CBR (1100 or 1300), a ST1300, and a few others. Nothing too new and sparkling like you can find in Pattaya, and not a big choice of either rental shop or models, but with a little searching (and taking care about condition, brakes, tyres, etc.) it is possible to get something. I would do your browsing early and reserve what you want early (and have a backup plan in case a weekly renter gazumps your 2 day bid) as it is unlikely that there will be much, if any, choice on the day you want it.

There was one shop on the main beach entrance road in town, another couple along the main through road (one on each side but NOT opposite each other) between there and the new(ish) big shopping mall with the cinema in it. Probably others but I have not really looked there as I have my own CB1300 here in BKK which I ride there.

Hope that is of some help.

ST.