How To Track Condo Values

Is there a website that tracks the valuation of Bangkok condos?

I bought a condo early this year and plan to keep it for the long term, but would like to track its value over time in some way other than Baht vs Dollar fluctuations (I've made 10% already on this alone jap.gif).

Thanks

Most people lie about the sale price anyway to save on taxes.

I'm more interested on the overall market numbers for Bangkok condos. I'm always reading about other markets where they go up or down 20% in a year like Shanghai, Hong Kong etc. Somebody must make these general numbers for Bangkok too.

I bought a condo early this year and plan to keep it for the long term, but would like to track its value over time

I'm more interested on the overall market numbers for Bangkok condos. I'm always reading about other markets where they go up or down 20% in a year like Shanghai, Hong Kong etc. Somebody must make these general numbers for Bangkok too.

You can pay subscriptions for the research done by the few big boys like CBRE, Knight Frank, etc. They can give indications of trends in certain locations and class types, but may or may not be relevant to your particular condo project. People only lie about sales prices when declaring such for tax purposes. Juristic/building managers do not collect taxes. In fact, one of my big condo unit was acquired from info given by the building manager.

Overall market numbers will not give the information that you want for your condo.

they are like stock market averages, if they go up 20% 'overall' it does not tell you whether your unit went down or up or stayed the same.

Overall market numbers will not give the information that you want for your condo.

they are like stock market averages, if they go up 20% 'overall' it does not tell you whether your unit went down or up or stayed the same.

I'm aware of that, but I'd still like to know.

Re. OP's "I bought a condo early this year and plan to keep it for the long term, but would like to track its value over time in some way other than Baht vs Dollar fluctuations (I've made 10% already on this alone jap.gif)."

Don't count your money yet. You have made nothing until you actually sell and pay the taxes.