Thai Sex Worker Murdered And Left To Rot In New Zealand Apartment

webfact

Thai Sex Worker Murdered and Left to Rot In New Zealand Apartment

This is the gruesome account of a Thai woman who was strangled and her body left to rot. The murderer, her boyfriend, endured the smell of decomposition without attempting to do anything about it until he was discovered and subsequently arrested.

November 8: a Thai sex worker was murdered by her boyfriend in New Zealand, who left her body to rot in her apartment for three and a half weeks before police found the body, alerted by her concerned landlord. The woman, Nuttidar Vaikaew, 48, had come to New Zealand some nine years ago and worked as a sex worker from her apartment in Western Springs, Auckland.

The accused, Gordon Hieatt, 47, is currently undergoing trial at the High Court in Auckland in New Zealand, where he has pled not guilty. The jury was told that Ms Vaikaew had had what has been described as an on-off relationship with the accused for approximately two and a half years. On the night of the alleged murder, sometime after April 16, 2010, Hieatt and Ms Vaikaew had had an argument, during which he was accused of strangling her. He then apparently left the body where he had killed her on the bed to decompose, according to the prosecutor.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-11-08

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NZealand man lived with rotting corpse for month, court told

WELLINGTON, November 8, 2010 (AFP) - A New Zealand man murdered his Thai girlfriend then lived with her rotting corpse in the lounge for almost a month as he read jokes to cheer himself up, a court was told Monday.

Gordon Hieatt, 47, pleaded not guilty in Auckland High Court to strangling Nuttidar Vaikaew in April last year, news agency NZPA reported.

Prosecutor Rachael Reed said Hieatt killed Vaikaew, a sex worker who originally came from Thailand, during an argument in her Auckland apartment, then left her body on a bed in a curtained off corner of the lounge.

After placing a dressing gown over the corpse's head, he carried on living life as normal, Reed told the court.

She said that Vaikaew's landlord went to the apartment to check on overdue rent three-and-a-half weeks after the death and noticed a strong smell when Hieatt answered the door.

Police found an electric fan pointed at the corpse to try to minimise the stench when they went to investigate.

"The smell was indescribable and putrid, dead flies and maggots were all over the lounge and particularly on the bed," Reed said.

She said Hieatt's computer records showed he engaged in online chats with a sex worker in Thailand while in the apartment. In the messages, he allegedly admitted the killing and said he read jokes all day to cheer himself up.

The trial continues.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2010-11-08

This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard of. This man is a criminal in the worst sense - death penalty as a minimum!!!

You need to get out more.

There are many far worse things that (unfortunately) happen to people around the world.

This is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard of. This man is a criminal in the worst sense - death penalty as a minimum!!!

I would say that he is more sick then anything, needs to be in a hospital, sounds like he either lost it, through drugs, alcohol or both and a jealous rage gone bad and to scared to seek help for fear of the end results.

May she rest in peace.

At the end of the day, it does not matter if she was 19 or 101 years old. she has been murdered and left to rot on his bed while he told jokes to himself! I would say that the guy is mental and needs help. one thing strangling a women in a rage but to live with the stiff is a tad overboard.

And the maximum penalty would be? Is there such a thing as a "fate worse than a fate worse than death"?

Yes....living, for some. I would suggest that death would be doing this guy a favor.

And the maximum penalty would be? Is there such a thing as a "fate worse than a fate worse than death"?

Since you ask. "Fear not him who can kill the body, but fear him who can destroy both body and soul in hel_l."

Take it to the bank.

What a nasty mess. I've used strong language on a couple of "ex-lovers" but this is all pretty crazy ... pretty sick.

The only positive thing I can see in this headline is that proper English language is being used in the report which is refreshing. It's actually understandable :)

Edited by cdnvic
removed text formatting for readability

For all the would be executioners New Zealand, like ALL civilized countries, does not have the death penalty.

I am not a bleeding heart but if forced to jump to conclusions I would think that this man needs serious psychiatric

treatment. Or at least some serious ENT work to restore his sense of smell!

What a nasty mess. I've used strong language on a couple of "ex-lovers" but this is all pretty crazy ... pretty sick.

The only positive thing I can see in this headline is that proper English language is being used in the report which is refreshing. It's actually understandable :)

Our Kiwilish is understandable.

The other refreshing thing is that justice will be done, no matter at times how liberal it can seem. If just straight murder then 10 years perhaps before parole. Manslaughter would run far less prison time. But hells bells living with the smelling corpse :ermm: for close to a month and jeez it has been getting nicely warm in the last few weeks...the guy is quite a few short of a full deck...off to the funny farm.

No excuse for what this guy done no matter what! If u cannot get along with a woman get away from her. He needs the death penalty without question.

Edited by Lite Beer
Quotes removed.

You need to get out more.

There are many far worse things that (unfortunately) happen to people around the world.

Murder has to be the worst crime one can commit however there are various degrees of murder and this seems to have been an act of passion or jealousy. Prostitutes are murdered everyday and under much more brutal circumstances, it's a hazard of the job. In extreme cases women and children are trafficked to be murdered so believe me Sailfish this is not the most disgusting case of murder. Would you find it less disgusting if he'd have cut the body up, put it in bin bags and fed it to pigs? Which actually makes more sense than just leaving it there.

For all the would be executioners New Zealand, like ALL civilized countries, does not have the death penalty.

I am not a bleeding heart but if forced to jump to conclusions I would think that this man needs serious psychiatric

Right on!

Sad and horrible act.

With all due respect too the dead, isn't 41 a touch late in the game to be travelling around tricking? You would think early 20's or something yeah?

Quite the contrary, in my experience. A prostitute in her early 20's wouldn't need to move overseas to make a good living, and could still easily go back upcountry to visit home whenever she wants. It seems like in all of the news stories I've read involving a Thai prostitute overseas, she is usually at least in her late 30's.

Sad and horrible act.

With all due respect too the dead, isn't 41 a touch late in the game to be travelling around tricking? You would think early 20's or something yeah?

Many men like an old woman, just check the statistics for raped grandmothers.

Our Kiwilish is understandable.

The other refreshing thing is that justice will be done, no matter at times how liberal it can seem. If just straight murder then 10 years perhaps before parole. Manslaughter would run far less prison time. But hells bells living with the smelling corpse :ermm: for close to a month and jeez it has been getting nicely warm in the last few weeks...the guy is quite a few short of a full deck...off to the funny farm.

Yeah he is DEFINATELY a crazy alright, but what do you do with crazees? Try to help them or get rid of them. sheesh you can't have people like him mixing with normal folk ... obviously!

The jury was told that Ms Vaikaew had had what has been described as" an on-off relationship" with the accused for approximately two and a half years. ,........seems like a few had

"an on and off relationship "with her !

She would have definitely been "OFF" after three weeks!

Probably the maximum sentence for this guy will be life in prison.

The death penalty was abolished in New Zealand in 1961 except for treason. In 1989, treason was removed as an offense for the death penalty.

Considering this guy, it may have been a stupid decision.

no punishment, just some smug psychiatric care huh?

I would say that he is more sick then anything, needs to be in a hospital, sounds like he either lost it, through drugs, alcohol or both and a jealous rage gone bad and to scared to seek help for fear of the end results.

May she rest in peace.

could not agree more he is sick. But what to do with him?

if it was a rage brought on by anything it would not last a month!

If I had to decide I think he should not be walking the streets even in ten years time! and why keep him alive I think he is beyond any reasoned thought; no good to anybody or himself.

Sad and horrible act.

Quite the contrary, in my experience. A prostitute in her early 20's wouldn't need to move overseas to make a good living, and could still easily go back upcountry to visit home whenever she wants. It seems like in all of the news stories I've read involving a Thai prostitute overseas, she is usually at least in her late 30's.

You are quite right most of the Thai prostitutes working overseas are older. Normally are ex bargirls who find it harder to turn a trick in places like Pattaya with all the teenage prostitutes. We raided an illegal brother in Melbourne a couple of years ago and found 5 Thai prostitutes working there. All were in thier late 30's early 40's (Yes and sex slaves who had thier passports held by the Middle Eastern pimps)

Have a mate also who married a 36 yr old bargirl from Pattaya and took her back to Melbourne (He was warned) Thought she had turned over a new leaf until he found out she was doing tricks behind his back in OZ. They worst he ever did was throw her out the door with what she was wearing. She came back via the courts and took 40% of everything he had (She had Aussie Citiz by then) Last I heard via the grapevine she is still doing tricks in Melbourne and is now about 43 yrs old.

Then there is the 47 and 49 yr old Thai prostitutes who were murdered in Darwin a few yrs back. They were thrown into a creek hoping thier bodies would be taken by crocs (Indoneasian pimps) Yes there is still a market overseas for older thai working women

Pretty hard to call him crazy.

Little bit wierd maybe, definitely indecisive lol.

Afterall, I can understand that he'd initially be in shock and not know what to do. But 3 weeks is a bit over the top lol.

Would have thought he'd have either disposed of the body and run away, or at least even just flee the country

no punishment, just some smug psychiatric care huh?

Now Gemini serious psychiatric care should satisfy even the harsher of your two personalities. I have actually seen

inside the 'facilities" used for the administering of this care to the criminally insane. Let me assure you that it would

never be regarded as smug and those that have seen it are usually shocked by the extent of the "maximum

security" facilities applied. These people are more likely to harm guards (nurses built like brick outhouses both male

and female) and the public if they escape than other criminals and are secured accordingly.