Latex Or Foam Mattress

jaideeguy

He is still a sponsor on the Chiang Mai News forum and I think that his latex stuff is cheap compared to buying it in a store. I love my natural latex topper.

An ordinary foam mattress is cheaper, but IMHO not nearly as nice to sleep on.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I agree. If you want a GOOD sleep, get the latex mattress. :)

Everything else I have found here in more than 25 years, has been too hard.

Edited by LJW

I did find their website and saw their prices for a 5cm thick twin @ 6000thb........that's just a topper.... not a mattress, right?

What makes them so expensive here in the 'land of latex"??

Mine is a 6 inch King size Mattress, priced at 17,000 baht.

Cheaper than many of the name brands, :)

I figure the extra pricing is because there are so many sellers, each taking a profit.

Edited by LJW

I checked out that website a while back and although tempted to go for one what put me off is that the website gives no details whatsoever of who’s running the show, except for a name of some woman who describes herself as Mam, an email address and a mobile phone number.

What happens if customer has problems with the goods or needs to exchange anything?

What comebacks do we have if the goods a faulty? Especially with not knowing who is running the outfit.

I’m not willing to risk my thousands of bahts on a company that only gives limited information about its self.

I checked out that website a while back and although tempted to go for one what put me off is that the website gives no details whatsoever of who’s running the show, except for a name of some woman who describes herself as Mam, an email address and a mobile phone number.

What happens if customer has problems with the goods or needs to exchange anything?

What comebacks do we have if the goods a faulty? Especially with not knowing who is running the outfit.

I’m not willing to risk my thousands of bahts on a company that only gives limited information about its self.

She's the wife of a guy who posts on here under the name Vibe it might be worth a pm to him.

A lot of people have rated the latex mattress she sells and I'm sure TV wouldn't keep her as a sponsor if she was dodgy in any way.

I checked out that website a while back and although tempted to go for one what put me off is that the website gives no details whatsoever of who's running the show, except for a name of some woman who describes herself as Mam, an email address and a mobile phone number.

I'm not willing to risk my thousands of bahts on a company that only gives limited information about its self.

She's the wife of a guy who posts on here under the name Vibe it might be worth a pm to him.

A lot of people have rated the latex mattress she sells and I'm sure TV wouldn't keep her as a sponsor if she was dodgy in any way.

Yes, it's <Vibe>'s missus who works in CM.

<Vibe> may be away at the moment (in Canada?) as usually he is quickly all over any TV thread about mattresses or mattress toppers!

I bought one and have been very happy with it. :)

Regards

Edited by Contractor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually, her full name is right there, above her nick name.

Always has been.

http://www.latexinno...ns/Contact.html

I checked out that website a while back and although tempted to go for one what put me off is that the website gives no details whatsoever of who's running the show, except for a name of some woman who describes herself as Mam, an email address and a mobile phone number.

I'm not willing to risk my thousands of bahts on a company that only gives limited information about its self.

Here is another point to back up your comment. I checked the latex innovation website. there is a photo on the site that shows they are using cut latex. There should always be a "skin" on the topper if it has been formed from a single mold. Most people would not know this. The result of cutting the latex is a softer mattress that will not last as long. Anyone who has bought from them can check by just opening the cover. If there is a roughness to the latex then its been cut. Its a good way to keep the prices low. here is the link http://www.latexinnovations.com/Latex_Innovations/Features.html although I am sure they will change the picture when they see they got caught out. Its at the bottom of the page where you can see the close up photo. I am sure the mattress will still last many years but its not the best quality as they claim.

I saw some latex toppers at Peenang mattress for approx. 1500 BT (2ins).

They were imported from Belgium. Didn't know they produced rubber in Belgium :blink:

Is it a byproduct of the chocolate manufacturing. :lol: Sorry only joking, but seriously it seems a bit odd.

I saw some latex toppers at Peenang mattress for approx. 1500 BT (2ins).

They were imported from Belgium. Didn't know they produced rubber in Belgium :blink:

Is it a byproduct of the chocolate manufacturing. :lol: Sorry only joking, but seriously it seems a bit odd.

haha probably not natural latex for that price. If you look around you can see some places charging crazy prices. Department store will be 20,000 for a queen size 3" for sure. Some places in Pattaya charge similar. They are making big profits. i guess the reality is people only buy one - any furniture store will charge a lot for a bed because they need a big shop to store them and don't really get repeat business. I just got a queen size 3 inch in Bkk from an independent seller who knows someone at the factory and gets good prices for great quality. I paid 10,000 and it is good quality. I have bought them before in other countries so I know what to look for. Also did the Belgian one have the soft cover or the sewn in type? I have seen those toppers before and they aren't very good. With the soft cover the mattress can bend to your body shape, with the other type its not much better than the crappy hard beds they have all over Thailand.

She tries hard to keep her customers informed about their order, and addresses any concerns. She has had many happy customers, and is proud of this fact.

I am one of her happy customers and so are several friends.

My topper is the most comfortable bed that I have ever had - even when I use it as mattress instead of a topper.

I have had it quite a while now and no have complaints at all despite a mild case of arthritis from head to toe that used to be painful when I tried to sleep on a regular mattress.

Yes, the smaller size is cut from a larger mold. We do not hide this fact as it has NOTHING to due with the firmness of the mattress, nor the life span. You do not know what you are talking about.

The mattresses that my wife sells are medium firmness. 85 is the number I think. Feel free to email her to get the exact specs, she has nothing to hide. If she does not know the answer, she will consult the factory and find out.

But posting incorrect information in a weak attempt to hurt her is silly and sad. She has had hundreds of happy customers and many bought 2nd and 3rds from her, because she does sell a quality product for a good price.

If you disagree, then dont buy from her. But dont slander her product with lies.

Hey man, not trying to slander anyone - I know this to be true of latex. If you cut it it is not as good as forming a single mold. Feel free to talk to other companies that manufacture latex to confirm if you wish. I have nothing to gain by writing some comments about the product, I just take exception to someone saying they have the best quality when in this case is simply cannot be. As I said the mattress will likely last a long time but not as long as one made from a single mold and the cut latex is softer when cut like that. Its the facts of latex.

Yes, the smaller size is cut from a larger mold. We do not hide this fact as it has NOTHING to due with the firmness of the mattress, nor the life span. You do not know what you are talking about.

The mattresses that my wife sells are medium firmness. 85 is the number I think. Feel free to email her to get the exact specs, she has nothing to hide. If she does not know the answer, she will consult the factory and find out.

But posting incorrect information in a weak attempt to hurt her is silly and sad. She has had hundreds of happy customers and many bought 2nd and 3rds from her, because she does sell a quality product for a good price.

If you disagree, then dont buy from her. But dont slander her product with lies.

I think its kinda funny that you are running her business, not her. She can't reply? Actually I have no reason to slander or tell lies as you put it. I know about latex because I have researched the product before. I also know that a single mold produces a firmer, more long lasting mattress. Cutting the latex is done to save money pure and simple. I am sure the mattress will still last a long time as I stated, but it is not the top quality you claim if you are cutting it. that was the point I was trying to make. I am happy for you, I mean your wife, for having such a successful business. most people would not know about the cutting issue, as a forum for providing information, that is what I am doing. Its ok for you to promote your wife's business for free on this forum but you have to take the good with the bad.

Replying to silly posts like yours is NOT running her businesss. She works full time and runs Latex Innovations as a side business, if you must know.

So, you did some "research" and you are now an expert on natural latex?? Wow. Those are your facts to back up you claims?? How weak.

The firmness is dertirmed by the density of the foam. Complicated, I know.

Also, Latex Innovations is a paying sponser here, does not advertise for free as you claim.

I stand by my original statement. You do NOT know what you are talking about, are telling lies, and also might have a personal agenda, as you mentioned in an postl that you have a "friend" that got you a good deal from a factory in BKK. Hmmm...

You would be wise to mind your words, as Thailand does have strong deflamation laws and you are slandering a Thai registered company with your lies.

So your going to try and sue someone because of a comment on a anonymous internet forum, that should be entertaining, good luck with it and everyone beware as there will be no end of cases coming up if he succeeds. :whistling:

Edited by thaimiller

I bought a mattress from Latex Innovation two weeks ago...

I emailed the order and Mam responded the next day... I made payment and Mam immediately emailed me delivery date a week out... Mam then emailed me when the Express Delivery to CM was on its way... I missed the 1st delivery and Mam called me to coordinate redelivery...

Mattress arrived I unpacked and it looks and feels wonderful!...

I have no connection to anyone on this thread - just a satisfied customer :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I need to buy eight of these matresses, king size, 15 cm thickness...

LJW you got yours for 17,000 baht - was that from Latex Innovations or another company?

The list price on her website for that model is 23699 THB so I would be very much interested in finding out where you got yours...

Regards

POF

I need to buy eight of these matresses, king size, 15 cm thickness...

LJW you got yours for 17,000 baht - was that from Latex Innovations or another company?

The list price on her website for that model is 23699 THB so I would be very much interested in finding out where you got yours...

Regards

POF

Yes, It was from latex innovations. I think their price has increased a bit for the largest thickest size.

If I were to buy again, I would probably get a thinner mattress :)

Thanks for the swift reply LJW - I just got my quote back for 8 king size 6 inch matresses - I won't quote the actual price here as I don't know if K. Mam would be happy about that, but suffice to say it is still noticeably more than what you paid... I'm wondering what the reason for the price hike is - I know the price of rubber has gone up but not that much surely?

Do you mind me asking when you bought yours?

What makes you say you would go for a thinner one? Is it just the cost? I could save a good chunk of cash if i went for the thinner ones but just worried that they wont be comfortable enough... The beds are fixed units built out of concrete so the matresses will effectively be lying straight onto solid concrete covered with a big piece of plywood....

Many Thanks

POF

I know it's off topic, but curiosity got the better of me...

I'm sometimes accused of being a bit offish, but I see you are plenty offish. Any good reason for that?

Privileged upbringing maybe?

Anything but - it's Plenty Of Fish :)

Thanks for the swift reply LJW - I just got my quote back for 8 king size 6 inch matresses - I won't quote the actual price here as I don't know if K. Mam would be happy about that, but suffice to say it is still noticeably more than what you paid... I'm wondering what the reason for the price hike is - I know the price of rubber has gone up but not that much surely?

Do you mind me asking when you bought yours?

What makes you say you would go for a thinner one? Is it just the cost? I could save a good chunk of cash if i went for the thinner ones but just worried that they wont be comfortable enough... The beds are fixed units built out of concrete so the matresses will effectively be lying straight onto solid concrete covered with a big piece of plywood....

Many Thanks

POF

Hi POF,

Why would she not be happy about you stating the quote? She mentioned that she offered you quite a discount as you were interested in 8. She normally only gives a max discount of 5%, so you should be happy with the price she quoted.

About the thickness, I slept on a 10cm for years, it was on top of concrete particle board that was over a metal grid. It was great. I however weigh 70kgs. If you have someone say around 100kgs, the thicker ones would be better. Why not get an order of half and half? This way you have the option of giving your heavier set guest the thicker ones...just a thought.

Some suppliers aren't happy when discounted prices are quoted - because then everybody wants the same discount so I didn't feel it was right to put it in the public domain as I hadn't asked her permission.

Regards thickness I think I'll just go for the 15cm as I'm looking to achieve a top end finish for these rooms - that way I can be sure all guests will be comfortable. Just waiting for one more quote back from another supplier then it's decision time....

Regards

POF

Edited by plentyoffish

..... good info all round except for the squabbling..maybe replace ours soon ...other site research indicates trend towards botanical latex mattresses world wide..! Time to get on the export bandwagon?

Around at 800 bucks for a king ...not bad seeing a US site is quoting around $1800.00 using Sri Lankan latex (site is Habitat Furnishings..informative if rather hyp..y) Interesting how they suck 'em flat for shipping...

This is all good news....Great.... glad we have a rubber farm...can't rely on tyres and condoms forever I guess....lol

• 2 weeks later...

^^ What 'other supplier" is there,please? I am interested in a king 15cm too, but after reading the badvibes here, wish to see a competitor's price. Cheers

Sorry if you feel I "spoiled" the thread in any way. I was dealing with a troll that was trying to pass off lies as truth, and who had a personal agenda. I am all for one expressing their opinion about my wife and her product, and she allows customers to post what they want on her site regarding their experience with her and her product.

Just google natural latex Thailand and you will find many many suppliers in Pattaya and Phuket that are selling retail. It would be great if you could come back and post their prices so all can see. My wife runs her company as an "online" business, and does not have the overheard of retail shops so she can afford to sell her product for A LOT less then you can find elsewhere.

Anyways.....each to their own..

I dont want to compare apples to oranges. Although i looked at you web site i didnt see a actual picture of the mattress you sell. It is possible i missed it. I did shop for mattress's today. Not sure if yours are constructed the same way ......The ones i looked at were pillow tops with springs between the pillow tops. The pillow tops were made from Belgian latex. At central for one which can be used on both sides (2 pillow tops) 24,950 with pillows and sheets and protector. Living index had one with a slightly lower price but only had a pillow top on one side............

^^ What 'other supplier" is there,please? I am interested in a king 15cm too, but after reading the badvibes here, wish to see a competitor's price. Cheers

Sorry if you feel I "spoiled" the thread in any way. I was dealing with a troll that was trying to pass off lies as truth, and who had a personal agenda. I am all for one expressing their opinion about my wife and her product, and she allows customers to post what they want on her site regarding their experience with her and her product.

Just google natural latex Thailand and you will find many many suppliers in Pattaya and Phuket that are selling retail. It would be great if you could come back and post their prices so all can see. My wife runs her company as an "online" business, and does not have the overheard of retail shops so she can afford to sell her product for A LOT less then you can find elsewhere.

Anyways.....each to their own..

I dont want to compare apples to oranges. Although i looked at you web site i didnt see a actual picture of the mattress you sell. It is possible i missed it. I did shop for mattress's today. Not sure if yours are constructed the same way ......The ones i looked at were pillow tops with springs between the pillow tops. The pillow tops were made from Belgian latex. At central for one which can be used on both sides (2 pillow tops) 24,950 with pillows and sheets and protector. Living index had one with a slightly lower price but only had a pillow top on one side............

My wife does have photos of the actual natural latex that she sells. See the link. There is a photo with the white cotton cover unzipped so as to expose the natural latex. Her mattresses are 100% natural latex, meaning there are no springs. If you are on a budget you could always buy a cheap spring mattress here for like 5K, then put a 7.5cm topper on it, and you just created what you were looking at for half the price. Just a thought....

http://www.latexinno...s/Features.html

Thanks i did see that link. I guess i was looking for a full size picture of both sides of the mattress. Personally when i am spending 20,000 plus baht online i want to know exactly what i am purchasing. I did send your wife 2 emails. The first one was repied and the second one is still unanswered.

Well, thats just great. But if she does not have a "full size picture of both sides of the mattress" on her site, than she does not have it. Dont really understand what difference seeing a full size photo makes, as the important part is whats inside, and this she clearly shows. If you were really concerned about spending 20K on a product, why not ask to see an actual sample? This would make more sense then just looking at a photo. Not sure why my wife did not reply to your second email.....all I know is she gets many emails from time wasters, and sorts them accordingly.

Best of luck....

You really don't do your wife's company any favours with your attitude. I would never buy from her just because of you, I would pay more else where, just as the customer service would be better. Your wife is probably a great person and really friendly but you come across so aggressive when dealing with potential customers.

Given the statements by several past customers who are known on this forum for accuracy, I have no doubt, not one, about the longevity and comfort provided by this business with their latex mattress offerings. They've been around long enough, visible as an advertiser, to deserve a vote for reliability as well, I conclude.

The only outstanding issue is posed regarding the "cut" sides. I cannot think that anyone would imagine this to be an issue before five years or more have passed, but this has to do with the advantage of having sides cut, as opposed to being from the mold.

Latex is not cheap, anywhere in the world. This company beats prices that I have been able to identify here in town, for latex. If I were to insist on a mold-formed 5 or 7.5 thick mattress, in hopes of having it longer - ten years, let us suppose - I would pay so much more anywhere to get it that the issue, financially, all but becomes moot.

Anyway, except for assertions, I doubt that anyone has objective research at hand, as only financially interested parties would be conducting the tests and mirabile dictu, finding for their own product. This makes nobody dishonest, but the question is contentious in its nature.

As for foam, I am one who does not appreciate a "memory" mattress and except in a foam/latex combi-mattress, do not expect foam to last long doing the same job.

Well, thats just great. But if she does not have a "full size picture of both sides of the mattress" on her site, than she does not have it. Dont really understand what difference seeing a full size photo makes, as the important part is whats inside, and this she clearly shows. If you were really concerned about spending 20K on a product, why not ask to see an actual sample? This would make more sense then just looking at a photo. Not sure why my wife did not reply to your second email.....all I know is she gets many emails from time wasters, and sorts them accordingly.

Best of luck....

You really don't do your wife's company any favours with your attitude. I would never buy from her just because of you, I would pay more else where, just as the customer service would be better. Your wife is probably a great person and really friendly but you come across so aggressive when dealing with potential customers.

Wow...and you are accusing me of being aggressive?? Why dont you read your own post. Are you trying to hurt my feelers?

You say you would pay more else where, as the customer service would be better. And you know this how?? You have bought from her company before? No? Well how then do you know what her customer service would be like, and how do you know it would be better elsewhere, as you have nothing to compare it too.

My wife IS a great person and is really friendly and offers superb customer service to serious customers. Just ask anyone who has bought from here.....she keeps them informed via email of the status of every step of the process until it arrives at their door.

But she knows that many people enquire and ask questions and never end up buying. She has before sent 20 or so emails to one potential customer only for them to not follow through, and as such, limits her time to customers with legit questions.

Now if someone wants to see a sample, that is a legit request and she will show them the sample. But to have someone "complain" that there is not a "full size" photo of the mattress on her site, to complain on a public forum that a "second" email was not yet answered, well, those are traits of a difficult customer that most likely will not follow through with an order. She has sold enough mattresses to know when someone is serious and when they are wasting her time.

If you read what I put I said nothing against your wife, Its your attitude on here that would put me off buying from her. Thats all. Everyone has a personal opinion and mine is that your attitude is not a good advertisment for your wifes company. I deal with many people on a daily basis, some make many enquiries and don't buy, but thats the nature of sales. But you can't have a go at potential customers like you tend to do if they ask or note something different. Thats my point against you on here. I presume that your wifes company does a great job as its been around some years and all the reports are usually positive from what I have read. But if I was the owner I wouldn't want you marketting for me. Again just my opinion.