Mac Mini

Somtamnication

HI. Ran any graphic intensive applications on it?

Define graphics intensive applications.

Latest games running under Windows (as they've not been ported to Mac anyway) - no.

Scientific 3D apps / Windows (not ported either): No

Everything else: Yes.

Chipset graphics are pretty good these days - you need games or really specialized applications to push them. I've been running on the integrated graphics on the MacBook Pro for nearly 2 years now, never needed more. But, I don't game.

The new Mini is an excellent choice. We have 4 Macs in the house. MacPro Quad, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro and Powerbook G-4 ... and one PC. (for the kid.)

The Mini holds the highest reliability rating of all the Macs. Don't feel forced ... feel happy :D

The term graphic intensive is a relative term, but you have all answered the question. I am astounded that such a small box can do so much. Being a Windows user since its inception, I am having doubts about jumping on the Mac bandwagon, but it is clearly a far superior product(s) and I will need it to do app development and finish a book (perhaps it will be an interactive book), hence the question.

Servicing in Thailand not a problem with the Macs?

Looking at the server version for 35k, the software seems phenomenal. Apache, webdev, etc etc. Can run the websites from home, rather than host somewhere else (as long as not too much traffic comes in)...anyways, seems the system is quite good for the price.

Servicing in Thailand not a problem with the Macs?

I have an iMac since the end of 2008 (bought it at Mac Zone Chiangmai).

A few months later some grey flakes appeared on the screen (not the glass, really "into" the LCD screen). I brought it back at the shop and the screen was replaced in 2 days even if they had to order it from Apple Singapore. Very professional and friendly service.

So if you ask me, no problem with servicing if there is an Apple Certified Reseller around.