Pattaya'S Mayor

moo9

Maybe a rhetoric question: Is our Mayor, Khun Ittipol, still working or is he just hopping from one local media event to another? Seems like he appears now in 90% of all reports on Pattaya People TV.

Nevertheless, at times he is working he is creating crazy plans, like the Pattaya Sky Train and how to transform Pattaya into the Monaco of the Gulf of Siam.

It bores me....just take a look at this beginning of the High Season and notice the obvious lack of foreign tourists. That happens when people forget their and their cities roots.

But a beer bar is not fancy enough for today's HiSo. You will see the result. Certainly not his fault alone, but the whole thing here is moving into the wrong direction.

Edited by moo9

plenty of foreign tourists right now but not the cheap charlies from Western Europe that you are used to.

No the even cheaper charlies from Russia.

maybe so but they are the new face of Pattaya, get used to it.

Lol, good joke for finishing work now. Strangely enough, all those new are faceless, as I do not see them.

I agree, even the Russian and Asian tours are not coming in numbers.

Another very sharp short high season (XMas, New Year...).

plenty of foreign tourists right now but not the cheap charlies from Western Europe that you are used to.

No the even cheaper charlies from Russia.

maybe so but they are the new face of Pattaya, get used to it.

Lol, good joke for finishing work now. Strangely enough, all those new are faceless, as I do not see them.

I agree, even the Russian and Asian tours are not coming in numbers.

Another very sharp short high season (XMas, New Year...).

you must not get out much or only stay in the go go's. Foreign tourists are everywhere, walking street is packed and the bus parking lots at the 'massage' are full.

you must not get out much or only stay in the go go's. Foreign tourists are everywhere, walking street is packed and the bus parking lots at the 'massage' are full.

Hey Newbie, is this yr first time in Pattaya, did u heavily invest into sth.?

If you are serious you have never seen the city really crowded and you have never seen WS packed and you have never seen how many buses can jam the roads.

Sorry I can't comment on the massages, but usually the girls sit outside.

And whether I frequent GoGo's certainly remains my own business.

Cheers

I have lived/ worked in Pattaya area for 6 years. When I first came here, there were many retired "farangs" (mostly from Germany and England) who flocked to the city for the winter months. Now , there seems to be less of them (due to the economy). Six years ago there were very few Russians, and the ones you saw were from the "older generation"; now the city is ???? 75% Russian, mostly couples and families from ages 20-45 years old - very trendy and international. Next, the past year has shown more Indians visiting Pattaya due to Air Asia flight into India and cheap packaged tours. True, if you go to Walking street, one may think that Westerners are the majority, but they are thinning out...that is why many of the bars are closing up--no business. Russian men come with their wives (and prefer to buy their big bottle of beer at Seven Eleven); the Indians are not going to spend 80-120 baht on beer, and the Chinese and Koreans are on packaged tours. Yes, Pattaya will always be a haven for the single man -- not a haven for its acqua blue beaches or clean, planned out city.

The mayor seems to be trying to improve the city (the buoys out along the beaches to keep the swimmers safe as an example) but it would help if he walked (by himself without a camera crew) along the street and sois to observe the delapated and sometimes blocked sidewalks. He needs to take a stroll along the beach (again without his dignitaries) and observe the garbage that is along the shores of Pattaya Bay. He needs to focus on the basics (spend tax money on garbage bins; fixing the sidewalks, improving the safety before spending money on festivals, concerts or even a monorail). The monorail is a perfect example of "big ideas" that do not make sense. Why put up a monorail that would only stop at 5 places whereas the baht bus can stop anywhere? why not focus on the baht bus and make those electric so they do not pollute the are; paint them up in beach festive colors --that is a practical approach. Also, before you spend millions on pedistrian cross walk lights, wouldn't you educate the city drivers about these lights ..and make sure they work???? The sad thing about being a mayor in this town is that it seems the police department does not work with city hall - they take care of themselves.

I have lived/ worked in Pattaya area for 6 years. When I first came here, there were many retired "farangs" (mostly from Germany and England) who flocked to the city for the winter months. Now , there seems to be less of them (due to the economy). Six years ago there were very few Russians, and the ones you saw were from the "older generation"; now the city is ???? 75% Russian, mostly couples and families from ages 20-45 years old - very trendy and international. Next, the past year has shown more Indians visiting Pattaya due to Air Asia flight into India and cheap packaged tours. True, if you go to Walking street, one may think that Westerners are the majority, but they are thinning out...that is why many of the bars are closing up--no business. Russian men come with their wives (and prefer to buy their big bottle of beer at Seven Eleven); the Indians are not going to spend 80-120 baht on beer, and the Chinese and Koreans are on packaged tours. Yes, Pattaya will always be a haven for the single man -- not a haven for its acqua blue beaches or clean, planned out city.

The mayor seems to be trying to improve the city (the buoys out along the beaches to keep the swimmers safe as an example) but it would help if he walked (by himself without a camera crew) along the street and sois to observe the delapated and sometimes blocked sidewalks. He needs to take a stroll along the beach (again without his dignitaries) and observe the garbage that is along the shores of Pattaya Bay. He needs to focus on the basics (spend tax money on garbage bins; fixing the sidewalks, improving the safety before spending money on festivals, concerts or even a monorail). The monorail is a perfect example of "big ideas" that do not make sense. Why put up a monorail that would only stop at 5 places whereas the baht bus can stop anywhere? why not focus on the baht bus and make those electric so they do not pollute the are; paint them up in beach festive colors --that is a practical approach. Also, before you spend millions on pedistrian cross walk lights, wouldn't you educate the city drivers about these lights ..and make sure they work???? The sad thing about being a mayor in this town is that it seems the police department does not work with city hall - they take care of themselves.

We refer to them as Russian's, but most are from other ex-soviet block nations. But I do like them. Some of the gals are super hot. Nice to have a variety here!

As for the monorail, if there are no big projects, how can they line their pockets? Plenty will get rich off that project.

Back to the OP, I did see the mayor last night. In front of the cameras at the Carabao charity concert.

[We refer to them as Russian's, but most are from other ex-soviet block nations. But I do like them. Some of the gals are super hot. Nice to have a variety here!

As for the monorail, if there are no big projects, how can they line their pockets? Plenty will get rich off that project.

Back to the OP, I did see the mayor last night. In front of the cameras at the Carabao charity concert.

Yes, I saw him "live" at the Carabao concert. What a great night as well!!!

Unfortunately the Mayor is typical of Government in Thailand...they are not interested in the thoughts or opinions of foreigners...he never answers e-mails sent to him from foreigners and has no interest or regard for advice or suggestions put to him by anyone..anybody can see the state of Pattaya Beach yet nothing is ever done to improve mattters.:angry:

Well said, I entirely agree. :jap:

One post deleted please understand we can not discuss the private lives of public figures

That's actually not true. What you meant to say is, we can't discuss the private lives of public figures unless another hack of a local "news organization" (and I use that term loosely) breaks a story first, then we can discuss it.

Nonetheless, my apologies.