Fa Cup 2010/2011

Moonrakers

So, the stuttering Swindon Town F.C. finally find form to hammer Plymouth 4-0 away from home. Next up, a potential banana skin away at Crawley town.

Town's little brothers Swindon Supermarine FC, consisting largely of former STFC personnel, came through their first ever appearance in the first round proper to be drawn against Col U away in the next round.

More of the same for the next round please.

Most interesting draw is a potential game between AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons. Both still have to play replays....if they get through I might pop along.....full house guaranteed for that one!

Will Vinny and the gang be in attendance I wonder? :D

good read on the wimbledon / MK franchise issue:

http://www.wsc.co.uk...t/view/5886/38/

Excellent article Stevie. Thanks for that.

Back at the time I was living round the corner from Plough Lane and followed the stadium issue through the reporting in the local and national papers. The real criminals in this situation were Merton council who simply don't want a football club in their borough thanks very much. Short sighted then and I doubt much has changed now.

I can understand the bitterness of some fans and if the game does happen I'll be going along to support Wimbledon and the Merton area having a proper football club....which they deserve. ;)

Whether Milton Keynes deserve a football club of the stature they have I'll leave for others to think about.

Back at the time I was living round the corner from Plough Lane and followed the stadium issue through the reporting in the local and national papers. The real criminals in this situation were Merton council who simply don't want a football club in their borough thanks very much. Short sighted then and I doubt much has changed now.

were you? we were practically neighbours then. i was living just off wimbledon broadway near the theatre. ;)

I can understand the bitterness of some fans and if the game does happen I'll be going along to support Wimbledon and the Merton area having a proper football club....which they deserve. ;)

Whether Milton Keynes deserve a football club of the stature they have I'll leave for others to think about.

MK already had one, milton keynes city. charles koppel was equally at fault if not more so if i remember rightly. he was even in charge of a leafleting scheme around the plough lane area telling local residents that they didn't really want the unruly elements which came with having a football club on their doorstep and to contact merton council to put pressure on them to agree the relocation to MK.

were you? we were practically neighbours then. i was living just off wimbledon broadway near the theatre. ;)

MK already had one, milton keynes city. charles koppel was equally at fault if not more so if i remember rightly. he was even in charge of a leafleting scheme around the plough lane area telling local residents that they didn't really want the unruly elements which came with having a football club on their doorstep and to contact merton council to put pressure on them to agree the relocation to MK.

Well smokie and Stevie, i lived for a while on Merton Road so iwas practically a neighbour too. What a small world.....

I am a Wimbledon fan and there is another one in Thailand and we're both wondering that the replay with Ebbsfleet is live on TV in England, will we get it out here on some Thai channel? It's on Thursday night and we've both had a look around via the net and asked a few Thai guys, but can't find it anywhere. Also if the AFC V Franchise happens this will be on live in England also. Anyone know who has the rights for the FA Cup out here?

I am a Wimbledon fan and there is another one in Thailand and we're both wondering that the replay with Ebbsfleet is live on TV in England, will we get it out here on some Thai channel? It's on Thursday night and we've both had a look around via the net and asked a few Thai guys, but can't find it anywhere. Also if the AFC V Franchise happens this will be on live in England also. Anyone know who has the rights for the FA Cup out here?

:D

Shame, wish i could say the same about Y*ds..

Sorry, err it may well be Mate..

I recently saw Cambridge V Huddersfield on Star Sports ( but i was in Manila ), not sure if it was broadcast in Thailand though but if it was, then i'd guess you'd be in luck as i guess we'd be getting the same Games as what i being broadcast at Home..:)

:D

Shame, wish i could say the same about Y*ds..

Sorry, err it may well be Mate..

I recently saw Cambridge V Huddersfield on Star Sports ( but i was in Manila ), not sure if it was broadcast in Thailand though but if it was, then i'd guess you'd be in luck as i guess we'd be getting the same Games as what i being broadcast at Home..:)

Sorry I should have said we're both wombling that the ....

Macc Town won their replay away to Southend on penalties after a 2-2 draw after extra time :D

But Maccs winning penalty was unbelievable.......The Southend keeper saved Nat Browns spot kick and started celebrating but he didnt realise the ball was slowly trickling over the line......bet he was popular in the dressing room ! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Macc Town won their replay away to Southend on penalties after a 2-2 draw after extra time :D

But Maccs winning penalty was unbelievable.......The Southend keeper saved Nat Browns spot kick and started celebrating but he didnt realise the ball was slowly trickling over the line......bet he was popular in the dressing room ! :lol:

Noooooo ???? Serious ?? :lol:

See the same on a foreign game recently, ball came out about a yard and the backspin took back it over the line, meanwhile the gk was celebrating in front of the crowd :o:D .

See the same on a foreign game recently, ball came out about a yard and the backspin took back it over the line, meanwhile the gk was celebrating in front of the crowd :o:D .

Yeah i see it too, an Arab Game if i remember rightly..:D

Also i had the privelage to see that poxy Twente Keeper for the first time this morning, W*nker..

Yeah i see it too, an Arab Game if i remember rightly..:D

Also i had the privelage to see that poxy Twente Keeper for the first time this morning, W*nker..

I heard the Arse were looking at buying him to improve their world class pool of goalies.....:D